7AAA

Blazeallthewaze

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought tonight my WARRIORS played a COMPLETE game tonight we got a GREAT win against oakland tonight...last time we took it to OT for the win and tonight we did not need that...I am so proud of my WARRIORS tonight as everyone did their part for the win TJ Chesterfield showed out tonight and it was great to see his effort tonight GREAT JOB GUYS

GO WARRIORS

Didn't get to go to the game tonight but I see Lavergne beat Blackman 43-42. Doesn't surprise me that Blackman played them so close. Lavergne did not see the real Blackman the 1st time they played. I wish Blackman could have pulled it out but this game does give hope that we can compete with the better teams in the district.

Blackman got a hard fought 43-42 win over Oakland tonight. Thompson played well for Blackman.

Thompson played well against Riverdale and Blackman led 18-5 at one point. However, Blackmans coaching looked to have slowed down the game just before the half and only hit 4 baskets in the whole 2nd half resulting in the Blaze loss 46-37. I feel for the Blackman players as the game plan (coaching) let the team down again.

what a HARD FOUGHT game tonight...#15 for blackman KILLED us espcially in the first half he hardly missed a shot most of the night...we made a great adjustment at the half and really ran the offense exceptionally well...our boys played hard all night and ended up with the win

Very disappointed in the outcome of the game tonight. We let a game we could have won slip right through our hands. Thompson did play great tonight. Agree with DABLUERAIDER about the pace of the game. Blackman played kind of up tempo early and was hitting their shots and got out to a big lead then all of a sudden we are slowly walking the ball up the court and passing and passing and passing and passing and passing and passing and passing and passing and then missing a shot. I think our coach needs to realize that we are quick enough and athletic enough to push the ball up the court a little quicker and try to get something easy then pull it out and setup a play if its not there. Also, Wortman seems to be getting more and more like Turnham. He is trying to work the ball into Peak who is not a great offensive threat. Peak is a big body that needs to play defense on the other teams bigs and rebound. He should not be the focus of the offense. That should be Thompson, McMiller, Jefferson, Cousins, and Robinson. Wortman needs to let em go a little bit and they will play better and have more fun and I'll just bet they will start winning more to.

Officiating was horrible in this game also.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

well my WARRIORS took a tough loss tonight against siegel we played them tough but just couldnt get over the hump siegel did a good job of doing what they had to do to hold on for the win our guys played hard and gave their all great job guys much better than last time and improvment is very important espcially at this time of the year as the tournaments are about to come

GO WARRIORS

Thompson played well against Riverdale and Blackman led 18-5 at one point. However, Blackmans coaching looked to have slowed down the game just before the half and only hit 4 baskets in the whole 2nd half resulting in the Blaze loss 46-37. I feel for the Blackman players as the game plan (coaching) let the team down again.

Maybe they shold have gone four corners sooner like when they had the big lead? :mrgreen:

I disagree that Blackman has a loaded basketball team. I do agree that some talent is there but they are young in a critical area which is in the backcourt. It's hard to control tempo when you can't handle the ball and presure consistantly. I think overall they have over acheived and could be more of a threat if they could get some consistancy out of the Seniors. :popcorneater:

Maybe they shold have gone four corners sooner like when they had the big lead? :mrgreen:

I disagree that Blackman has a loaded basketball team. I do agree that some talent is there but they are young in a critical area which is in the backcourt. It's hard to control tempo when you can't handle the ball and presure consistantly. I think overall they have over acheived and could be more of a threat if they could get some consistancy out of the Seniors. :popcorneater:

I TOTALLY AGREE. SPOT ON DAD.

GREAT GAME TONIGHT BY MY WARRIORS...i know we lost in overtime but last time we played them they beat us by 20-30 points...we made some mistakes down the stretch that we will learn from and the big one was foul the 3 point shooter up by 2 he makes all 3 free throws and we go to OT...we did a good job of executing our offense but we missed several layups...HOWEVER the improvment over the course of the season has me EXCITED about tournament time...as long as we stick together and learn from each game should be a lot of fun good job tonight

GO WARRIORS