7AAA

Blazeallthewaze

Lady Pats continue to roll with a victory over Gallatin tonight. The future is bright for this very young squad.

Its more than on a roll it seems. It might be on a mission and looks more like Oakland against the world. By the time of District, it will be interesting to watch. They are the most improved this year and with the motivation of their coaches will have a good record.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen on the CoachT scoreboard that Blackman lost to Mt. Juliet 41-23. Don't know anything about the game. If anyone has info, lets hear it. Disappointed with only 23 points. We seem to be having trouble scoring against good teams. Only 27 against Brentwood Academy in win and only 23 tonight is not good. Great defense can only get you so far. We have got to find a way to put the ball in the basket. My guess is that Mt. Juliet packed it in and made us a perimeter team and nobody would shoot the 3 therefore we turned it over a lot trying to force it inside.

I seen on the CoachT scoreboard that Blackman lost to Mt. Juliet 41-23. Don't know anything about the game. If anyone has info, lets hear it. Disappointed with only 23 points. We seem to be having trouble scoring against good teams. Only 27 against Brentwood Academy in win and only 23 tonight is not good. Great defense can only get you so far. We have got to find a way to put the ball in the basket. My guess is that Mt. Juliet packed it in and made us a perimeter team and nobody would shoot the 3 therefore we turned it over a lot trying to force it inside.

Certainly that is what happened but usually defense is an advantage. As was mentioned in the post game article, you were scouted and MJ knew what you were going to do. MJ knew your half court game, knew you were not going to run much especially in that gym, evidently you could not get the ball inside enough without turnovers and it was the game. Blackman had the game that MJ had against RD. They will be better for it. As you can see, when all of these top tier schools play each other, anything can happen. This year its a little bit earlier for coaching strategy to make this much difference. Both of these schools are very good. Not too many people are going to win at MJ.

Edited by PHargis

Certainly that is what happened but usually defense is an advantage. As was mentioned in the post game article, you were scouted and MJ knew what you were going to do. MJ knew your half court game, knew you were not going to run much especially in that gym, evidently you could not get the ball inside enough without turnovers and it was the game. Blackman had the game that MJ had against RD. They will be better for it. As you can see, when all of these top tier schools play each other, anything can happen. This year its a little bit earlier for coaching strategy to make this much difference. Both of these schools are very good. Not too many people are going to win at MJ.

Seen where Blackman won a close game against Brentwood today 53-47. Nice rebound win today vs a quality opponent that was ranked #3 in the midstate poll this past week. Blackman has now beaten 2 out of 3 of the top ten midstate girls teams they have played. Maybe Blackman can now break into the top 20 in the midstate.

I have seen Brentwood play a couple of times so far. Brentwood is very good and their guard play is exceptional. To beat them Blackman had to play well. It was a quality win. Right now, Brentwood is the top team in District 11. Sometime, someone who has seen Clarksville play might give an analysis of District 12. District 8 is changing quickly as teams are getting better. Coaching changes are beginning to kick in. Cannon continues to make jumps in their play in AA and AA will be very competitive the rest of the way.

Right now in 7AAA, Riverdale has the lead with a Freshman playing an important part of their surge Blackman and Siegel look to Battle for second with two freshman helping Cason in their run, and Oakland has a freshman who has been a big part of the reason they have done well. 7AAA will be very strong in District play but its very surprising to see how strong the top teams are in District 7, 8, 9, 10 11, and 12 in AAA and

AA.

My LADY WARRIORS defeated loretto tonight by about 40 points everyone got a lot of playing time tonight...everyone knows we are good but i want to point out how smart our girls are and UNSELFISH...and these things make us even better...GO LADY WARRIORS

got my first look at the Lady Warriors tonight I was very impressed. Funny thing is they started off very slowly and looked lethargic in the 1st quarter but once they turned it on there was no stopping them. I am very impressed with the young freshman Alexa Middleton she was very poised. This team is going to be good for a long time

Siegel finished up the Tournament pre Christmas with a 12-2 record and is much improved over last year and is playing quite a few freshman.

yes the Freshman class in this district is unreal. I had the pleasure of seeing them all play as 8th graders they are very special. The crazy thing is there are more freshman girls in this district who arent getting varsity minutes who will also be very good if they work hard as well