Tullahoma at Lincoln Co

binns37388

With the score tied at 48-48, Lincoln Co was playing for the last shot of regulation. The Falcons got a decent look from around 10ft and missed the shot, which went in and out of the basket with less than 2 seconds and in a scramble for the rebound, a Tullahoma player, one of the Passerelo twins, was fouled. He calmly went to the free-throw line with no time left and hit a game winning free throw and Tullahoma beats Lincoln Co 49-48. A crucial district road win for the Cats, who travel to Warren Co next Tuesday nite. Congratulations to Coach Jeff Taylor, his staff and players. The Cats trailed Lincoln Co by 8pts going into the 4th quarter. On a non basketball note, David O'Connor, former Giles Co head coach, was introduced to the large crowd as the new head football coach at Lincoln Co.

• 1 month later...

I hope beating Lincoln County isn't game to get excited about. They have finish last in the district for a while now. This is a game that should even be this close. This is probaly the weakest AAA district in the state of Tennessee. From top to bottom all the teams are .500 and that including beating the A/AA school. Congratulations, Shelbyville for playing all AAA teams to get better in the long term. It is a shame that this team are padding there record beating single A school and patting themselves on the back for it. All of these teams will be out in the first round of the region boys and girls. Maybe, Lawrenceburg girls win one game in the region but after that is doesn't look good for district 8.

I hope beating Lincoln County isn't game to get excited about. They have finish last in the district for a while now. This is a game that should even be this close. This is probaly the weakest AAA district in the state of Tennessee. From top to bottom all the teams are .500 and that including beating the A/AA school. Congratulations, Shelbyville for playing all AAA teams to get better in the long term. It is a shame that this team are padding there record beating single A school and patting themselves on the back for it. All of these teams will be out in the first round of the region boys and girls. Maybe, Lawrenceburg girls win one game in the region but after that is doesn't look good for district 8.

I was wondering how long it would take a 7AAA fan to post some biased comment. Is this part of your anger management therapy (bash another conference)? Shelbyville isn't the only one playing AAA teams. However, I do agree we as a conference would be better scheduling AAA schools as much as we could. But for us schools that don't have a readily supply of AAA teams within 10-20 miles we are limited (money) with who we can schedule. Oh! and why shouldn't someone get excited about winning conference game. If you're supposed to be better than the school you play, you should win, which is what they did....

I was wondering how long it would take a 7AAA fan to post some biased comment. Is this part of your anger management therapy (bash another conference)? Shelbyville isn't the only one playing AAA teams. However, I do agree we as a conference would be better scheduling AAA schools as much as we could. But for us schools that don't have a readily supply of AAA teams within 10-20 miles we are limited (money) with who we can schedule. Oh! and why shouldn't someone get excited about winning conference game. If you're supposed to be better than the school you play, you should win, which is what they did....

DANG FCRebel22! I LOVE your posts! Keep up the good work!!

• 4 weeks later...

DANG FCRebel22! I LOVE your posts! Keep up the good work!!

Go Rebel! Your having a great year. Good luck in the tournament. Maybe, you will beat Tullahoma this time if your lucky and they stay in 2nd in the district. If Shelbyville beats Columbia, your season is over. Ill be praying for some luck to come your way.

Go Rebel! Your having a great year. Good luck in the tournament. Maybe, you will beat Tullahoma this time if your lucky and they stay in 2nd in the district. If Shelbyville beats Columbia, your season is over. Ill be praying for some luck to come your way.

First of all we haven't had a great year. Secondly, I'd like to wish all the teams good luck next week. Thirdly, I don't see us, or anybody else for that matter, needing luck to beat Tullahoma (they aren't that great). Fourth, Shelbyville did beat Columbia and that, I believe is who we play next Friday. If Shelbyville should happen to beat Lawrence Co (tonight) then Tullahoma will play Lincoln Co. and I would pick Lincoln Co to upset Tullahoma (hard to beat a team three times and both games were close). Nothing against Tullahoma but I think they caught both Franklin Co and Shelbyville (last two reg season games)coming back from illnesses and/or injuries and may have got one or two wins at end of the year because of it. That's not to say that they couldn't beat both though, but they didn't get either at full strength. If Shelbyville loses tonight I think it comes down to a coin flip for 2nd with Tullahoma and the FC / Columbia will also be determined by coin flip for 4th and a home game. Not sure if that is right, but I think that is how it is. If that is right,the FC vs Columbia game (#4 vs #5)should be interesting to see which team, for both, decides to show up. I think you can flip a coin with that match up. If #3 Shelbyville plays #6 Lincoln Co I'd have to pick Shelbyville. If #3 Tullahoma plays #6 Lincoln Co, I'd pick Lincoln Co in the upset.