Maryville Basketball

Maryville

Right now, they are 2-4. Out of necessity, too many freshmen and sophomores are playing too many minutes to compete successfully at the AAA level against the likes of Bearden, West, Catholic, Oak Ridge, etc. Getting some football players back will help with their overall team physicality and athleticism, but I honestly don't think they have any footballers coming back that are the type of bigtime difference makers on the court like they have had in the past like Aaron Douglas, Tyler Maples, and Tyler Gaskin, to name a few.

To answer your original question, their top scorers have been sophs TJ Kimble and Brian Landers and senior Zach Stinnett, who is a great perimeter shooter. Freshmen Isaac Edmiston and John Garrett have had some nice scoring games, too. All of the underclassmen mentioned could be All District/All Region type performers in the future.

Right now, they are 2-4. Out of necessity, too many freshmen and sophomores are playing too many minutes to compete successfully at the AAA level against the likes of Bearden, West, Catholic, Oak Ridge, etc. Getting some football players back will help with their overall team physicality and athleticism, but I honestly don't think they have any footballers coming back that are the type of bigtime difference makers on the court like they have had in the past like Aaron Douglas, Tyler Maples, and Tyler Gaskin, to name a few.

To answer your original question, their top scorers have been sophs TJ Kimble and Brian Landers and senior Zach Stinnett, who is a great perimeter shooter. Freshmen Isaac Edmiston and John Garrett have had some nice scoring games, too. All of the underclassmen mentioned could be All District/All Region type performers in the future.

I think they need to get some players like those Lollar boys. I remember watching Nicholas play and I swear there wasn't a shot he didn't like. Ol' Matt was a bruiser down on the blocks. If you came in for an uncontested layup, you werent making it to the rim untouched. Maybe get that mentality back into the Rebel program.

Edited by feartheveer