Big 8 Baseball

Gabby

Science Hill has shown that the mediocre teams can beat them, but that they can beat the good teams! It all has to do with focus and Norris. SH plays better when Norris is pitching, but Norris isn't going to be able to pitch every game in the upcoming tournaments. Science Hill has a strong staff with possibly 8 or 9 pitchers that would be the number 2 or 3 on many of the teams in the state. Hopefully, the coaches will have confidence in them during the tournaments. Sweeney who is probably fourth or fifth on depth chart certainly rose to the occassion at Farragut.

Science Hill has outscored their opponents a 100 to 5 (exaggeration) in the first two innings, and their opponents have outscored them 100 to 5 (exaggeration) in the rest of the innings. All of this is regardless of the pitching whether they were throwing heat or throwing lobs.

Science Hill should beat South. Yes, South can beat SH, but South has wrapped up their seed. So you wonder what South will do tonight. I think if I were South, I would throw a kid that I have expectations for the 2012 season to give him some experience.

I was thinking South with a win could move up to 3 which would be worth trying to avoid Boone who they had to take to extra innings last night. Science Hill will win because they will be focused on winning a share of the conference and being the #1 seed. I don't think it will matter because I don't think any of the bottom seeds can beat Norris on the mound Saturday. But if Science Hill overlooks South it could be an upset. They don't hit many homeruns as I think Tom TAylor said on the radio yesterday that they only have 11 as a team for the season. But they do hit it well and run good. They don't have a dominant pitcher but do a good job of pitching. They pitched a freshman and Burrows yesterday so I don't know who they will pitch tonight. He has about 8 that have pitched on the team.

As usual, Saturday should be interesting with everyone's ace on the mound at DB. No one can complain about the field this year costing them a game (DB).

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have

Have to also say that was the best game Chandley has caught. Where did that base stealing speed come from.

the old Jr Toppers are really making the conference interesting this year. Would love to see a reunion game.

Lets make that a Select vs Jr Topper rematch!

How much fun could that be?

Jr Toppers

Daniel Norris

Geoffrey Smith

Zach Thompson

Sam Tarlton

Heath Lloyd

Kevin Connell

Nick Fair

Joe Ganger?

Kingsport Select

Sean Seabolt

Stephen Mullins

Chase Cunningham

Nathan Millsap

Reid Mathews

Ryan Lockhart

Kevin Nelson

Zak Ball

Jake Bellamy

Who have I left out that is still playing?

Add Will Carter and Matt Harmon to the Jr. Toppers

Actually I am pretty sure Kevin Connell played for the Select for a year before the Toppers and Seabolt played for the Jr. Toppers the last year they played.

Hayden Chandley also played for the Toppers a few tournaments.

Ganger did play for the Toppers.

That would be a good game but I would put my money on the Jr. Toppers in that one but it would draw a lot of local money and interest.

Maybe we can put that together to start the summer.

Come on Big Bill CArter. Make this happen.

I was thinking South with a win could move up to 3 which would be worth trying to avoid Boone who they had to take to extra innings last night. Science Hill will win because they will be focused on winning a share of the conference and being the #1 seed. I don't think it will matter because I don't think any of the bottom seeds can beat Norris on the mound Saturday. But if Science Hill overlooks South it could be an upset. They don't hit many homeruns as I think Tom TAylor said on the radio yesterday that they only have 11 as a team for the season. But they do hit it well and run good. They don't have a dominant pitcher but do a good job of pitching. They pitched a freshman and Burrows yesterday so I don't know who they will pitch tonight. He has about 8 that have pitched on the team.

As usual, Saturday should be interesting with everyone's ace on the mound at DB. No one can complain about the field this year costing them a game (DB).

I would be surprised if SH and DB don't meet in the winner's bracket, so SH and DB may be saving their aces for that game. You always take the chance that one of the other teams will beat you before then.

If SH and DB meet in the winner's bracket, whichever team wins will have a big pitching advantage since they will have a couple of nights to rest their pitching assuming that there is break on Wednesday night. The other team will have one loss playing another team with one loss on Thursday night in a must win game and will be forced to pitch the pitcher that they think can win to get to Friday night!

If SH can pitch Norris on Tuesday and bring him back on Saturday, they will be hard to beat!

Edited by Gabby