hall of fame games count

PHargis

While a definitive statement has been made, and I hope it sent by letter to all schools, for about the last 7 years this has been a question and some were counting it and some weren't. HALL OF FAME GAMES ARE COUNTED SO DON"T TuRN IT IN ON YOUR SCHEDULE TO THE TSSaa as being an event. and then not turn in the score. Confusing especially if no one knows the outcome. But really it doesn't mean anything period as the game can be called a scrimmage but why would you do that anyway as at least you get some revenue. But maybe revenue is the issue if its not counted and a school does not have to provide TSSAA their part of the gate at the game. And now the confusion of adding back the games and scores that were not counted to start with. These games, I believe, never really meant anything to start with unless someone would schedule the game as a District or Regional game. No D1 school would be think about doing it and the only chance would be a D2 school who because of travel might, but I don't think so, do so. And what about news organizations who are trying to keep up with all of things for the fans. The horse is out of the barn and has been running for a few weeks now and to go back and correct things and then contact everyone what happened seems to be a little late. Communications before the season might be best choice along with not accepting a schedule that has Hall of Fame beside a game. I could be wrong. the interesting fact is if the game and score was turned in to coach T, it was counted on the record.

Edited by PHargis

The TSSAA is only worried about making a buck on these hall of fame games, just like the ncaa is. It isn't about the kids or the coaches. They want to state that they will use these funds to build a hall of fame for basketball when conducting these events and then decide to do away with the concept. What frauds.

I don't understand why anyone is bent out of shape over this. It's not like football where your overall record affects your playoff seeding. Only records that really matter are district games for tourney seedings. Thank you Bernard for taking a stand. Either they should all count or none count, I'm ok either way but let's be consistent.

I don't understand why anyone is bent out of shape over this. It's not like football where your overall record affects your playoff seeding. Only records that really matter are district games for tourney seedings. Thank you Bernard for taking a stand. Either they should all count or none count, I'm ok either way but let's be consistent.

i agree

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?ID=85238

I do understand the point of view of this article but now is not the time to blame football and moving the season back. Football has their season and basketball has theirs and unless things have changed, girls haven't yet started playing football. Nothing wrong with the girls having some games with 4 girls teams playing. Right now they seem to be a good draw.