Jo Byrns Football in 2011-2012

OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit, Old Pirate felt sorry for you fellers that lost yous place to play. Recon OP feels the Devils will be a strong contender and most likely find themselves ranked #1 at some point in the season. Jest hope the Pirates will be able to catch up in the weight house. The offense will need some big strong youngons to be successful and after reading Roy's posts it makes OP a bit nervous.

Recon them mod fellers ain't taking kindly to be called funny fellers (aka clowns) :roflol:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

WOW! I feel like I've accomplished something in having a thread locked!!!

Here ya'll go...JB's '11 and '12 non-District 10 opponents...

Cascade, Cheatham Co., Humboldt, Macon Co.

Old Pirate was not pleased to find out Cascade would not renew after playing the Pirates for the last two years. Them fellers were good sports and us fellers had some great sparing. OP thought both would profit by playing each other on a regular basis but recon they thought different. Anyhow hope this thread stays open for you skillet heads. :popcorneater:

Old Pirate was not pleased to find out Cascade would not renew after playing the Pirates for the last two years. Them fellers were good sports and us fellers had some great sparing. OP thought both would profit by playing each other on a regular basis but recon they thought different. Anyhow hope this thread stays open for you skillet heads. :popcorneater:

I hear you, OP.

I'm pretty sure JB has never played Humboldt or Macon Co., and It's been a long while since JB and CCCHS played in the regular season. Only thing I know about Humboldt is remembering them play Springfield 3 years in a row in the playoffs in the early 90's. What happened to them not being in the same class as Springfield anymore?

• 2 weeks later...

Old Pirate is a wondering wheres all you JB fellers gone?

I'm here...done ran out of things to say for now. The situation is pretty clear for me...SP is the clear favorite next year and everybody else is playing catch-up. JB returns a good core of players but they've got a lot of work to do to get to a point where they can compete with the Pirates. Time will tell...

I like our schedule for next year. While it's not too terribly tough, it should be tougher than it was last year. Maybe one of these new teams will put a whoopin on the Devils and keep em hungry.

I'm here...done ran out of things to say for now. The situation is pretty clear for me...SP is the clear favorite next year and everybody else is playing catch-up. JB returns a good core of players but they've got a lot of work to do to get to a point where they can compete with the Pirates. Time will tell...

I like our schedule for next year. While it's not too terribly tough, it should be tougher than it was last year. Maybe one of these new teams will put a whoopin on the Devils and keep em hungry.

Old Pirate says a good hinny kicking does have a way of making a feller work a tad harder at not gitting another one. The Pirates have reportedly got a new weight coach and hopefully he will popeye them up. If he does and a QB and RB steps up the Pirates could be tuff.

Edited by OLD PIRATE