Region 3-A/4-A Substate Matchups

patriot3

midtensports fan, i'm sure you think that every person that goes to friendship has been "recruited". you can think that if you want whenever you play them in the region.

Quit dodging the question. Where did the new recruit come from that is sitting on the bench and not eligible to play until region? What player is going to lose their hard earned playing time because of it? The kid moved because of the new coach right? Is he a sophomore or a junior?

Quit dodging the question. Where did the new recruit come from that is sitting on the bench and not eligible to play until region? What player is going to lose their hard earned playing time because of it? The kid moved because of the new coach right? Is he a sophomore or a junior?

I will answer the question on the kid you are referring to. He was at CPA as a freshman. Once he seen Drew Maddux go out and get Bradshaw from Greenbrier he knew his playing time was going to be limited. So he was already at a private school and transferred to another private school. That would be called a TRANSFER. No he didn't move. He is eligible to play once the district tournament starts. How much time will he get? Don't know but he will be the 8th-10th man on the squad. He has been practicing all year and playing JV games when they were scheduled.

Mid Tn.....call it what you want.....recruit, transfer, there by choice, there because a parent can afford $8000/yr....whatever flaots your boat. You just worry about beating Clay Co Tuesday and winning your district so you want have to smell your foot when its down your throat!

I will answer the question on the kid you are referring to. He was at CPA as a freshman. Once he seen Drew Maddux go out and get Bradshaw from Greenbrier he knew his playing time was going to be limited. So he was already at a private school and transferred to another private school. That would be called a TRANSFER. No he didn't move. He is eligible to play once the district tournament starts. How much time will he get? Don't know but he will be the 8th-10th man on the squad. He has been practicing all year and playing JV games when they were scheduled.

Mid Tn.....call it what you want.....recruit, transfer, there by choice, there because a parent can afford $8000/yr....whatever flaots your boat. You just worry about beating Clay Co Tuesday and winning your district so you want have to smell your foot when its down your throat!

Foot down my throat for what reason? We can do no worse that tie for 1st in the district and we've already done what FCS could not and that is beat Clay County so if i was you i would be worried about just winning a game in the region and if you get that far well then that region semi matchup against either JC or Clay is where the season ends for the private school. 7A is much stronger than 8A this year, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see 7A sweep the 1st round of the region. :popcorneater:

Foot down my throat for what reason? We can do no worse that tie for 1st in the district and we've already done what FCS could not and that is beat Clay County so if i was you i would be worried about just winning a game in the region and if you get that far well then that region semi matchup against either JC or Clay is where the season ends for the private school. 7A is much stronger than 8A this year, it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see 7A sweep the 1st round of the region. :popcorneater:

Don't quit your day job.......unless you are a weather forecaster because thats what you sound like.....All your earlier post you said JC was the best in 7A without a doubt..........but they must win Tuesday to get that #1 seed.

Don't worry this PRIVATE SCHOOL will be ready for Jackson Co in the regions........And no way either district sweeps the first round!

The only reason i bring up the "transfer" issue is because you people from FCS get on these boards and try to make the rest of us believe that you don't have kids come to that school from all over middle tn. I get the part about the kid wanting a chance to play somewhere and don't blame him for doing it but you people don't need to get on these boards and say that you don't recruit because you do. Now lets get back to comparing the teams. Who is going to be the top 4 out of district 8a? What are the matchups?

Don't quit your day job.......unless you are a weather forecaster because thats what you sound like.....All your earlier post you said JC was the best in 7A without a doubt..........but they must win Tuesday to get that #1 seed.

Don't worry this PRIVATE SCHOOL will be ready for Jackson Co in the regions........And no way either district sweeps the first round!

Again you are wrong, so who is more like a weather forecaster??? Even if JC loses they are assured of no worse than a tie but i don't see Clay going into Clarkrange and winning on Thursday so i think JC still winds up #1. :popcorneater:

The only reason i bring up the "transfer" issue is because you people from FCS get on these boards and try to make the rest of us believe that you don't have kids come to that school from all over middle tn. I get the part about the kid wanting a chance to play somewhere and don't blame him for doing it but you people don't need to get on these boards and say that you don't recruit because you do. Now lets get back to comparing the teams. Who is going to be the top 4 out of district 8a? What are the matchups?

1. FCS 8-0

2. G'ville 3-3 Games left vs Watertown and RBS

3. Watertown 2-4 Games left vs G'ville and Trousdale Co

4. RBS 2-4 Games left vs Trousdale and Gordonsville

5. Trousdale 1-5 Games left vs RBS and Watertrown

So as you can see 2-5 is up in the air.......Won't know the match ups until after Friday night's action........

Again you are wrong, so who is more like a weather forecaster??? Even if JC loses they are assured of no worse than a tie but i don't see Clay going into Clarkrange and winning on Thursday so i think JC still winds up #1. :popcorneater:

But look at this way......it doesn't matter where we wind up in regular season its how we do in the Dist tourney to get the seeds to match up with each other. Alot of the times (I'll speak for 8A only) the regular season champ doesn't win the tourney and therefore when it comes to matching up with 7A two top teams play round 1......Could be that way again this year.

Putting all the old discussions aside......I do hope that one or both of our teams that make it to the Sub State win that important game and make it to the big Dance!

Good luck to all 7A teams.

But look at this way......it doesn't matter where we wind up in regular season its how we do in the Dist tourney to get the seeds to match up with each other. Alot of the times (I'll speak for 8A only) the regular season champ doesn't win the tourney and therefore when it comes to matching up with 7A two top teams play round 1......Could be that way again this year.

Putting all the old discussions aside......I do hope that one or both of our teams that make it to the Sub State win that important game and make it to the big Dance!

Good luck to all 7A teams.

Yeah you have a point, its been that way here too. The #1 seed only wins the tournament maybe 50% of the time if that. I know the year we went to the state tournament we were the #1 seed in the district and lost 1st round so we came out of the district as the #3 seed. When the game means more than just a win or loss things seem to tighten up a bit. If a team gets hot then they can make a run.

Yeah you have a point, its been that way here too. The #1 seed only wins the tournament maybe 50% of the time if that. I know the year we went to the state tournament we were the #1 seed in the district and lost 1st round so we came out of the district as the #3 seed. When the game means more than just a win or loss things seem to tighten up a bit. If a team gets hot then they can make a run.

fcs lost to clay county with two of their starters not even playing..not using that as an excuse but they will be a very different team when they play them again.

fcs lost to clay county with two of their starters not even playing..not using that as an excuse but they will be a very different team when they play them again.

They will have to be a much different team if they expect to go into Celina and win. Very tough place to play for an opposing team. I don't think FCS has the horses to win at Clay Co. but i guess we'll find out come saturday.