AA State Tournament

Jack Bauer

Oh, I agree with you.......no team is invincible and be beat anywhere if they don't bring their best game. One of the biggest reasons I think it would be harder for Cannon Co. to beat McMinn Central than any other team is due to the fact that they did beat them earlier - giving the Chargerettes their only loss on the season.

And, as I mentioned earlier, once you get to sub-state, every team playing had best not have an off night.....or they'll be watching in the state tournament.

BTW, I know Coach Dodgen's Dad, Donald, and played against him in high school. Great family!

I agree with you about the "revenge factor" making it harder for Cannon. Personally, I'm hoping McMinn ends up playing Livingston or Upperman at their place (meaning at the Roundhouse) :D

Edited by woodvegas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about the "revenge factor" making it harder for Cannon. Personally, I'm hoping McMinn ends up playing Livingston or Upperman at their place :D

If you recall, McMinn Central lost in the Region finals to Polk County and had to travel to Cannon Co.......so they're not beyond losing if they don't play good basketball (they had already beat Polk Co. soundly three previous times last year). I'm pretty sure the loss to Polk County was their only loss besides the state championship game.

If you recall, McMinn Central lost in the Region finals to Polk County and had to travel to Cannon Co.......so they're not beyond losing if they don't play good basketball (they had already beat Polk Co. soundly three previous times last year). I'm pretty sure the loss to Polk County was their only loss besides the state championship game.

I remember. It didn't work out too well for Cannon last year having to play McMinn. How strong are the other teams in McMinn's region this year?

I remember. It didn't work out too well for Cannon last year having to play McMinn. How strong are the other teams in McMinn's region this year?

Not really sure. East Hamilton (Chattanooga) is the new kid on the block. Thay have over 1,000 students already but since they're a 2nd year school they'll get to play in AA this year as well as the next two years. McMinn Central should win against Tyner Monday night, which will pit them against the East Hamilton/Polk Co winner for the Region Championship. Central beat Polk in the District Championship 73-27 in what was probably the Chargerette's best game of the year. So, unless East Hamilton is a good team, I'd say the Region isn't that strong.......thus the runnerup (unless it's Central) will lose on the road against the Region 4 Champion.

Well, in reality anyone could beat anyone else......so that's not a very convincing statement you made. Going to the Roundhouse and actually winning might be slightly tougher than you think.

Cannon Co. is undoubtedly a very good, well-coached team.....but I think Central's bench is a little deeper with experience. Plus, their freshman guard is light years better now than she was at the first of the season when Cannon beat them.

Regardless, there are many teams capable of winning once you hit sub-state. I look forward to watching it play out.

Cannon co starts a freshman guard also who has grown with experience. I wouldnt want to bet money on any combination of CC LA UHS MC at any place. A true competitor feeds off the hostile crowd as well as home crowd and these teams are full of them! THATS WHY I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!