metcalf 2k11 Tournament Schedule Released

h8bama

metcalf 2k11 TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED!

Thanks to all for your patience on the schedule. Took some time but we are very excited about the tournament match ups. Should lead to a great weekend of soccer in the Kingsport area.

Tournament information can be found under the "metcalf 2k11" button on our website: www.dbsoccer.org

Best of luck for the remainder of preseason!

• 1 month later...

metcalf 2k11 TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED!

Thanks to all for your patience on the schedule. Took some time but we are very excited about the tournament match ups. Should lead to a great weekend of soccer in the Kingsport area.

Tournament information can be found under the "metcalf 2k11" button on our website: www.dbsoccer.org

Best of luck for the remainder of preseason!

coach Woods and his folks have done a great job again this year putting this tournament together.

This will be the Alcoa point of view of the Tournament.

We opened with DB. DB 1 Alcoa 0. The goal for DB was scored in the 78 minute or so off a deflection. The ball was struck from way outside the box and a defender went up and did not get a clean head on it. This of course made the ball go opposite from what the Alcoa keeper was in position to save. He still got his hand on it but not enough to knock it out. This was a classic soccer match. It may have been the match of the Tournament. At least that is what officials, coaches and fans were saying. They were still talking about this match the next day. Each team played very, very hard. It was a physical game, but also well played from a sportsmanship standpoint. Both teams obviously respected each other a great deal. Alcoa controlled the midfield most of the first half (my observation, but also the words of the DB coach). The midfield control went back and forth for the second half. The styles of play of each team were in contrast and it made for a very interesting tactical match to watch. Two solid and sometimes spectacular keepers and good play from the defenses was also a large part of this game. Both teams had trouble getting organized on offense. I will attribute this to the strength of each teams defense as well as the fact it is so early in the season. Offenses seem to come along slower then defenses and both teams got most of their preseason matches rained out. Despite the rainy weather the field was in good shape.

Morristown West 0 Alcoa 2. Alcoa controlled this game from the start and should have scored more goals. We missed a number of open shots. Our keeper was never challenged.

South Doyle 3 Alcoa 1. Played in a steady rain and it was cold. The field was ok at the start, except for the keeper areas. The 1st goal for South Doyle was scored on a miscommunication between the Alcoa sweeper and the keeper, then the sweeper fell in the mud and South Doyle scored. In the second half Alcoa scored to tie the game. The rain was much harder and the field became much slicker and harder to play on. South Doyle put the game away with two more goals. I would like to see this game played on a dry field and see what the results would be. I have found that on wet fields you really can't tell what teams have as so much is determined by the field, it is also not much fun for player and fans. This is to take nothing away from South Doyle. They played a good match and deserved the win.

Overall, a very good experience for Alcoa. We learned a great deal about our team and saw what we need to work on. In many ways these games were our preseason due to rain. Coach Corley is finally getting a real read on our team. I and our fans and team enjoyed this tournament. Considering the weather, the fields were in good shape. I felt the officials were consistent as well. I do want to mention the center official we had on Saturday night. She was very, very good and one of the most consistent officials I have seen. I want to say, "Well Done" to her.

Well run tournament DB!

:motorbike: