UNBELIEVABLE

Crony

First sounds like a typical Ravenwood athletic behavior. They are known as the dirtiest team in the county in basketball and football. Next, a police report? Really Franklin? That shows you why this team is one of the worse Rebel teams in recent memory. No toughness.

So I guess you would say Evander Holifield was a wimp for letting the fight be called when Tyson bit his ear?

I've seen incidents like this on the streets turn into felony charges very quickly.

Scenario: 4th quarter with 40 seconds left, the Franklin Rebels were down by 2 and had possession of the ball, FHS post player was biten on the arm by a Ravenwood player, FHS player reacts by jerking his arm away, RHS player falls to the ground, ref calls a foul on the FHS player. FHS loses by 2.

Thoughts????

refs have increasingly gotten worse throughout the course of the year. I have seen several games where the refs have decided the outcome. its getting rediculous.

Believe it, there are bite marks to prove it! What published reports are you talking about?

Newspaper reports made me "assume" it was another player than the one involved, based on who was shooting free throws. Understand now that the player I "assumed" it to be and the one involved are different kids. My bad for assuming.

That said, I still find it hard to believe, but after checking with other sources, well, it's been a crazy year.

• Upvote 1

Newspaper reports made me "assume" it was another player than the one involved, based on who was shooting free throws. Understand now that the player I "assumed" it to be and the one involved are different kids. My bad for assuming.

That said, I still find it hard to believe, but after checking with other sources, well, it's been a crazy year.

[/quote

Probably shouldn't assume anything.

Edited by Crony

Wow, really? Biting along with eye-gouging and a kick to the groin are not even good "street fight" etiquette...LOL. On a similar but different note, my daughter was pinched during one game this year. A particular team was purposely pinching while defending in the post. I assume this was a tactic intended to distract rather than an attempt to just be a jerk, but who knows. Seriously though, there is no place in sports for such behavior.

Sounds like something dirty out of bill laimbeer book. haha. very dirty

Bill Laimbeer was a genius. The Laimbeer/Mahorn "legdrop" (where you body up on the offensive player from behind, and let him try to push you back in, and pressure, pressure, pressure. . . . then DROP the leg out from him. . . . . . yesssir. Pure genius. :thumb: :thumb: