District 8AA

SWEETWATER

Everyone has been saying LA is down this year and may be a little. But I think the district as a whole is up. I dont think I would look forward to playing CC, UHS, or LA. Heck Im not looking forward to playing DC tonight! Whoever comes out of this region on top will give the Chattanooga teams all they want in sub-state!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe anyone with any BB knowledge would argue that this is one of the strongest boys districts in the state. LA has been fortunate, with good talent and good coaching, for several years. One thing that you can be sure of in this district, is that you'll see two teams of fine young men playing hard from tip-off to the ending buzzer. :thumb: I guess it's too bad everyone can't win a gold ball every year, and that everyone can't be a BB genius like you. You should come and watch a few games in this area. You might learn what HS BB is REALLY all about.

Honest people love and liars fear it. It is called 'Karma'.

One of the strongest boys district in the state? I needed a good laugh. I am a 8AA fan, but we are not even in the top 5 for strongest districts. Either you meant that as a joke or you don't actually have any "BB knowledge".

You can lie to yourself, but the scoreboard shows the truth. LA fell to Dekalb tonight for several different reasons. Dekalb flat out wanted it more to start with, but LA never had the right combinations on the floor at the right time.

The season wasn't a total loss, we did get a new stereo out of it.

Posted with Blackberry

Edited by DominanceLost

Honest people love and liars fear it. It is called 'Karma'.

One of the strongest boys district in the state? I needed a good laugh. I am a 8AA fan, but we are not even in the top 5 for strongest districts. Either you meant that as a joke or you don't actually have any "BB knowledge".

You can lie to yourself, but the scoreboard shows the truth. LA fell to Dekalb tonight for several different reasons. Dekalb flat out wanted it more to start with, but LA never had the right combinations on the floor at the right time.

The season wasn't a total loss, we did get a new stereo out of it.

Posted with Blackberry

Anyone involved with the high school, as you are, should at least be able to comprehend written language. Go back and read my post very slowly and you just MIGHT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND what I really said. :thumb: I'm sure I can't claim to have near as much "BB knowledge" as someone from a BB family, as you are, but I'm at the games and on here supporting our team win or lose. LA may have had the wrong combinations on the floor at the wrong times, as you claim, but at least this coach did not quit on his team! You're right about one thing. We did get a new stereo. P.S. Sounds like you'd like to continue to carry on the tradition of quiting, but this season is not over yet!---Congratulations to the DeKalb Co. boys on their win.

Edited by rabbitranch

Anyone involved with the high school, as you are, should at least be able to comprehend written language. Go back and read my post very slowly and you just MIGHT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND what I really said. :thumb: I'm sure I can't claim to have near as much "BB knowledge" as someone from a BB family, as you are, but I'm at the games and on here supporting our team win or lose. LA may have had the wrong combinations on the floor at the wrong times, as you claim, but at least this coach did not quit on his team! You're right about one thing. We did get a new stereo. P.S. Sounds like you'd like to continue to carry on the tradition of quiting, but this season is not over yet!---Congratulations to the DeKalb Co. boys on their win.

Wow. Another stab at the former coach. I wonder if that really makes you feel better about what has happened in Overton County. I didn't see the game. So I can't comment on specifics of tonight's game. All I know are the two previous scores and the last several years under the coach that you obviously hated. It is definitely a new chapter for LA. But it's not one to be proud of. Rabbitranch. In terms of boys basketball, Overton County has become the laughing stock of the Upper Cumberland. You all used to be dominant. Not anymore. No matter how you people minimize it, you can't explain it away. Whether or not I'm much of an LA fan, I can admit that LA has gone from a powerhouse to, well, this. Overton County, and whoever is calling the political shots there, should be embarrassed. But the way you people rationalize and justify things, you're probably proud. What a shame for the young people there. The rest of us will enjoy what we've waited so long to see.....LA not on top. :shock:

You are right I did misread your post. Sorry about that, hard to see that small phone. I have a basketball family? Thats news to me. :roflol:

I assume all your references to 'quitting' are pointed toward ex-coach Melton. I don't understand how winning the district every year makes you a quitter, but I won't argue with you there considering I haven't had my coffee yet.

I loved the look on your face late in the 4th quarter. :thumb: I couldn't tell if you had a mouthful of crow or if you just needed to go to the bathroom. :unsure:

Now on to the consolation game.

Wow. Another stab at the former coach. I wonder if that really makes you feel better about what has happened in Overton County. I didn't see the game. So I can't comment on specifics of tonight's game. All I know are the two previous scores and the last several years under the coach that you obviously hated. It is definitely a new chapter for LA. But it's not one to be proud of. Rabbitranch. In terms of boys basketball, Overton County has become the laughing stock of the Upper Cumberland. You all used to be dominant. Not anymore. No matter how you people minimize it, you can't explain it away. Whether or not I'm much of an LA fan, I can admit that LA has gone from a powerhouse to, well, this. Overton County, and whoever is calling the political shots there, should be embarrassed. But the way you people rationalize and justify things, you're probably proud. What a shame for the young people there. The rest of us will enjoy what we've waited so long to see.....LA not on top. :shock:

Hate to say it, but good post.

Congrats to Dekalb County for earning the win.

You are right I did misread your post. Sorry about that, hard to see that small phone. I have a basketball family? Thats news to me. :roflol:

I assume all your references to 'quitting' are pointed toward ex-coach Melton. I don't understand how winning the district every year makes you a quitter, but I won't argue with you there considering I haven't had my coffee yet.

I loved the look on your face late in the 4th quarter. :thumb: I couldn't tell if you had a mouthful of crow or if you just needed to go to the bathroom. :unsure:

Some of you seem excited about the LA loss. After all, not a word from you as long as LA is winning. Not one congeratulatory statment! Not one Atta Boy! No "GOOD JOB" No Nothing!! But wait till they lose and here you come. Same old song, just a different verse.

Basketball family :roflolk: Tell your youngest congratulations on the win at Springfield!!! Go HOG-EYE!!

That look on my face was probably about the same look that you had on Dec. 7 when you exited in a huff, while the game was still going on and sat the rest of it out in your vehicle. :lol: Sorry, but no crow to eat here. The boys played hard, if not very well, and losing is part of the game, but I probably did need to go to the bathroom.

:thumb: To Dekalb County and to coach Martin! I enjoy watching good Basketball and this District is where you want to be. We came up short could not get the offence started. Still Ball to play! :thumb:

Well SW guess you and Rabbitt get to meet afterall but just not 4 the championship. Good wins for DC and Upperman, good luck to both. Believe all four teams will make a little noise in the region!

LA's dominance was lost with the team last year! The coaching change, reguardless if you support it or not, had little to do with that! You obviously didnt see the record before the coaching change. Dont even say that was because of who we played, because we've always had a tough schedule. This team would be in a simalar position if Melton was still the coach. You can call us a laughing stock, but I can promise no one in the Upper Cumberland wants to face us with their season on the line!!! Your a liar if you say different :thumb:

I can assure you that I'm not proud of what happened with the coaching situation. I'd have much preferred that things had gone along smoothly and these things had never happened. If you'll go back in this thread and look at post #11, you'll find that I gave credit to the past coach. If you'll check my posts from past years, you'll find that I was among the first to defend him when he was unjustly criticized. When a child is out of control, it needs to be set down for a while to think about it's actions. Whether certain individuals want to admit it or not, that is the situation LA was in prior to the suspension and ultimate resignation of the past coach. He was given a chance to be set down and think about his actions. HE CHOSE TO RESIGN. Some individuals want to underhandedly blame the current coach for what has happened. As long as he continues to coach to the best of his ability, I will continue to defend him of unjust criticizm as I did the past coach. If it sounds as if I'm criticizing the past coach while defending the present, sorry about that, my only problem with him was the last 2 or 3 weeks he spent as coach. I may be the only one in the county who feels this way, but I believe if you took a poll of the unbiased fans, you'd find the same thinking.