Top Players in 12A?

liveNplay4him

I have to agree here, I know of two or three players on the PC team that could beat him one on one, they may not score twenty a game by shooting ten 3's but I know Tucker Mercer or Dill could beat him. I personally do not think PC has any player worthy of being mentioned in the MVP talks this year

Do I detect a little resentment here. Scoring, Rebounding, Defense are all part of the game and I would have to put Rhodes ahead of Clifton or Rice in all 3 areas. I've missed a few games, but the games I've seen him play, he always draws 2 defender and gets beat up pretty good. Looks like his talents should make it easier for the others to score more easily. Just my opinion, but I wouldnt slur a very good player well deserving of consideration for district MVP who just happens to play for the dist. 12A season champions.

But dont worry..MVP will go to B. Clifton (who just happens to play for Stown..2nd place team for two years running). I'd rather have a championship; let Stown have yet another MVP.

Last time I checked, basketball is played with 5 guys and not one on one. MVP means different things to different folks. Is it 1. best overall player, 2. Most valuable to your team or 3. Do you play for Summertown.

If 3 then Bubba Clifton, If 2 then it's Rice, Rhodes & Clifton in a tie, If 1, then it's still a tie.

Believe Rhodes led the league in PPG and close to 8-10 rebounds a game, Clifton was close in PPG and high in assist, Rice could have been the best, but football set him back.

My opinion: Co-MVP: Rhodes & Clifton especially since Clifton's Team has finished 2nd last 2 years . I still don't think an MVP should even be given.

By the way: Rhodes didnt seem to be crying for his mama when he put up 29 against Stown right out of football.

My 12A team: Clifton, Rhodes, Rice, Chard, Tucker, Mathis, Hill, Clift, Montgomery, Crews

I would probably agree on this list. I would probably take Crews over Montgomery and if Clifton gets a player then add Blackburn.

Do I detect a little resentment here. Scoring, Rebounding, Defense are all part of the game and I would have to put Rhodes ahead of Clifton or Rice in all 3 areas. I've missed a few games, but the games I've seen him play, he always draws 2 defender and gets beat up pretty good. Looks like his talents should make it easier for the others to score more easily. Just my opinion, but I wouldnt slur a very good player well deserving of consideration for district MVP who just happens to play for the dist. 12A season champions.

But dont worry..MVP will go to B. Clifton (who just happens to play for Stown..2nd place team for two years running). I'd rather have a championship; let Stown have yet another MVP.

No resentment I am saying i think PC plays great as a team they always have, the way Rhodes has played the past few games he is not an MVP. PC is a good team. I just think noone on the team is MVP they have 5 really good players not one superstar!!

No resentment I am saying i think PC plays great as a team they always have, the way Rhodes has played the past few games he is not an MVP. PC is a good team. I just think noone on the team is MVP they have 5 really good players not one superstar!!

I agree 100% that they play great as a team; that's the name of the game. Saying he hasn't played good in the past few games is confusing. The Tennessean shows him averging in the past 4 games about 19ppg, B.Clifton 16ppg, Rice 16ppg. This blows your theory out of the water. First of all I dont think an MVP should be given anyway, but if they are going to give one, I'm just saying he is "deserving" of consideration for his entire season, not just a game or two. He does lead the district in scoring. What do you want from the kid? Maybe just a little respect would do the trick. I certainly hope you're not a Perry Co. fan. Surely a fan wouldn't hope someone else would walk away with this award. All the fans in football seemed to be behind Tucker for Mr. Football..were you glad he didn't get that just because our football team plays good as a team. Just to put you at ease...Clifton will win it and you can be very proud that another PC player, deserving of an award, will get overlooked.

I agree 100% that they play great as a team; that's the name of the game. Saying he hasn't played good in the past few games is confusing. The Tennessean shows him averging in the past 4 games about 19ppg, B.Clifton 16ppg, Rice 16ppg. This blows your theory out of the water. First of all I dont think an MVP should be given anyway, but if they are going to give one, I'm just saying he is "deserving" of consideration for his entire season, not just a game or two. He does lead the district in scoring. What do you want from the kid? Maybe just a little respect would do the trick. I certainly hope you're not a Perry Co. fan. Surely a fan wouldn't hope someone else would walk away with this award. All the fans in football seemed to be behind Tucker for Mr. Football..were you glad he didn't get that just because our football team plays good as a team. Just to put you at ease...Clifton will win it and you can be very proud that another PC player, deserving of an award, will get overlooked.

I do happen to be a PC fan, I was behind Tucker in the football season the whole way and im behind them all the way this year, I have not missed but a couple games all year and I know they have the makings to be very good all year I am just being realistic and I dont think anyone on PC should win MVP this year, if one should yes Rhodes should win. I feel like he will win it next year hands down!!

Last time I checked, basketball is played with 5 guys and not one on one. MVP means different things to different folks. Is it 1. best overall player, 2. Most valuable to your team or 3. Do you play for Summertown.

If 3 then Bubba Clifton, If 2 then it's Rice, Rhodes & Clifton in a tie, If 1, then it's still a tie.

Believe Rhodes led the league in PPG and close to 8-10 rebounds a game, Clifton was close in PPG and high in assist, Rice could have been the best, but football set him back.

My opinion: Co-MVP: Rhodes & Clifton especially since Clifton's Team has finished 2nd last 2 years . I still don't think an MVP should even be given.

By the way: Rhodes didnt seem to be crying for his mama when he put up 29 against Stown right out of football.

My 12A team: Clifton, Rhodes, Rice, Chard, Tucker, Mathis, Hill, Clift, Montgomery, Crews

Cannon Rhodes for MVP??....lmfao!! That's hilarious, I swear you PC people just fall in love with anybody with the last name Rhodes!! Sorry fellas but he ain't no reincarnation of Mr. Mike Rhodes!!

Referring to your points:

1. Best Overall Player...B Clifton

2. Most Value to your team...B Clifton

3. Do you play for Summertown...B Clifton

I think that about covers it!!!

Cannon Rhodes for MVP??....lmfao!! That's hilarious, I swear you PC people just fall in love with anybody with the last name Rhodes!! Sorry fellas but he ain't no reincarnation of Mr. Mike Rhodes!!

Referring to your points:

1. Best Overall Player...B Clifton

2. Most Value to your team...B Clifton

3. Do you play for Summertown...B Clifton

I think that about covers it!!!

not quite...you failed to mention about the smacking he put on you guys in the first meeting and you failed to respond on finishing 2nd for the second year in a row..so I dont think you quite covered it...just covered only what you wanted to cover. Point #2 above..are u sure? Seems they are a 40 point better team WITHOUT him from the WC game the other night(NILMAO)now i'm laughing my ... off. Need to think before you post. But seriously BC will be MVP.

I do happen to be a PC fan, I was behind Tucker in the football season the whole way and im behind them all the way this year, I have not missed but a couple games all year and I know they have the makings to be very good all year I am just being realistic and I dont think anyone on PC should win MVP this year, if one should yes Rhodes should win. I feel like he will win it next year hands down!!

Never been a fan of Individual awards in a team sport. I had rather have another trip to the state than an mvp anyway and teamwork will be the only way we get there...Go Vikings. Play Hard; Play Together; Play to win

Never been a fan of Individual awards in a team sport. I had rather have another trip to the state than an mvp anyway and teamwork will be the only way we get there...Go Vikings. Play Hard; Play Together; Play to win

Never been a fan of individual awards in a team sport?? Wow, guess you aren't a fan of LOTS of awards then??....sounds kind of rediculous to me.....................

Heisman trophy?

World Series MVP?

NFL MVP?

Mr. Basketball? (guess Kirk Haston should've turned that one down right? Shoulda just offered it to the whole team. Right?)

There's this thing called REWARDING/RECOGNIZING individual players for their accomplishments and hard work over the season!! Get with the program buddy!!

not quite...you failed to mention about the smacking he put on you guys in the first meeting and you failed to respond on finishing 2nd for the second year in a row..so I dont think you quite covered it...just covered only what you wanted to cover. Point #2 above..are u sure? Seems they are a 40 point better team WITHOUT him from the WC game the other night(NILMAO)now i'm laughing my ... off. Need to think before you post. But seriously BC will be MVP.

If Summertown had finished 4th or 5th in the district, then your argument would be a whole lot better...NOWHERE is there a rule where MVPs MUST be from 1st place winning teams......

"You guys"??? I'm NOT from Summertown buddy!! I just recognize who is the best talent!! Once again, IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

Guess what??? The voters agreed with me!!! That's why Bubba Clifton will be MVP AGAIN!!!! NUFF SAID!

Carry on.

Never been a fan of individual awards in a team sport?? Wow, guess you aren't a fan of LOTS of awards then??....sounds kind of rediculous to me.....................

Heisman trophy?

World Series MVP?

NFL MVP?

Mr. Basketball? (guess Kirk Haston should've turned that one down right? Shoulda just offered it to the whole team. Right?)

There's this thing called REWARDING/RECOGNIZING individual players for their accomplishments and hard work over the season!! Get with the program buddy!!

You are the one on here degraging a high school kid, that's low class in itself. I have never degraded Clifton, nor would I ever. He's a good player, alongwith several others in the district. My opinion is just different from yours. I've seen over the years, individuals left off an all dist. or regional team all because of politics..Individual awards, especially at high school level, are all very subjective, just like the top 10 listings are. It just gives someone something to argue over. But I'm not going to argue over this one, because you are correct on recognizing individual achievements..I'm in the minority. And yes the MVP voting was closer than you think. Originally a 3 way tie?

Edited by swoosh

You are the one on here degraging a high school kid, that's low class in itself. I have never degraded Clifton, nor would I ever. He's a good player, alongwith several others in the district. My opinion is just different from yours. I've seen over the years, individuals left off an all dist. or regional team all because of politics..Individual awards, especially at high school level, are all very subjective, just like the top 10 listings are. It just gives someone something to argue over. But I'm not going to argue over this one, because you are correct on recognizing individual achievements..I'm in the minority. And yes the MVP voting was closer than you think. Originally a 3 way tie.

Low class? Degrading? The only thing I'm pointing out ARE facts. YOU'RE the one getting your panties in a wad!! Nothing I can do about that.

What do you want me to do? Praise your boy? He's a pretty good player, but NOT deserving of MVP.

Sounds like YOU'RE the one involved in the politics of the voting procedures by pointing out your knowlege of the voting results!! Is this public knowledge or insider info you've got there buddy?? I only state that Clifton is back to back winner bc this has already been posted on the boards. I don't believe they have yet officially announced results?? Maybe next time you will be able to convice ONE more coach to vote for YOUR BOY!!

Sincerely,

OBAMASMAMA