Losers for District 9 A

MrNoitAll

Well folks the "Ole Crystal Ball" has been a talkin to me about gettin the losers out so we are goin to start with the little schools. These schools in this district have always had to paid to see a state tournament and this year want be any different.

Pickin the losers here aint easy folks cause any four could be in last! But will give it a try anyway.

Pickett County.....well folks if you are a lookin for a great place to spend a hot summer day this is the place.....water, skiing, boatin,fishin, mountains but no softball. They had to have the ladies play on their football team to have enough......I wouldnt want my worse friend to have to coach this team not even "Biscuit"

Clarkrange......there is a lot of talent in the school with athletes but they play with the big round ball instead of the little yellow one....BB is always goin to be the sport at this school!

Monterey.....several years ago this school care about softball, but those years are way past......the administration had a chance to get them a very good softball coach a few years ago but decide that was not the direction they wanted to go, because they dont care about no softball at this school.

Jackson County......if I take the basketball team and you took the softball team I would win every time.....a great school for BB but it aint goin to happen in SB. The word in the park is that the BB coach aint goin to be sharin their players with anyone! If you look at the baseball field and compare to the softball field you will know what I am a talkin about! Took them forever to even get them a coach this year....Good luck coach!

Clay County.......yep they will be a winnin their district this year and then they will be packin it up as soon as they go to the playoffs. If you are goin to be a winner in any sport you have to put the time in during your off season to make it happen and in this district that does not happen. They will be one and done come play off time. :flower:

Edited by MrNoitAll

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not understand why there is no interest in that area. They obviously have athletes.

Yep I would be the first to agree about athletes, but here are some reasons why it aint goin know where:

Administration lets BB be first in almost all of these schools

No travel ball

Poor youth leagues

Most of these towns are a long way to go to get pitchin lessons or hittin lessons

Never have been good so they dont understand what it takes to get to the next level

You got to play in tournaments

Coaches have to go to clinics

:flower: :flower:

I think you are speaking about district 7A, not 9A.

As for Clay County winning the district, they split the regular season championship with Jackson County last year, and the district should come down to those two teams again this year. You are on the money with your assessment of the state of softball in this district otherwise, very few girls in this area grow up dreaming of playing softball. The two teams that make it out of this district come tournament time will indeed face an uphill battle in the region, Friendship Christian is always good and Gordonsville will be very tough this year as well.

Your reasons listed are very true: No history and therefore little local support; what few girls that do play travel ball in this district have to go to Nashville, Knoxville, or Chattanooga; teams do have to play in tournaments and coaches do have to go to clinics.

Interestingly enough, there is a player in this district that has signed with a D1 school, so there is some potential for good players, but it takes motivated players and parents and lots of sacrifice.

I think you are speaking about district 7A, not 9A.

As for Clay County winning the district, they split the regular season championship with Jackson County last year, and the district should come down to those two teams again this year. You are on the money with your assessment of the state of softball in this district otherwise, very few girls in this area grow up dreaming of playing softball. The two teams that make it out of this district come tournament time will indeed face an uphill battle in the region, Friendship Christian is always good and Gordonsville will be very tough this year as well.

Your reasons listed are very true: No history and therefore little local support; what few girls that do play travel ball in this district have to go to Nashville, Knoxville, or Chattanooga; teams do have to play in tournaments and coaches do have to go to clinics.

Interestingly enough, there is a player in this district that has signed with a D1 school, so there is some potential for good players, but it takes motivated players and parents and lots of sacrifice.

Jackson County year in and year out has the athletes to play any sport but the BB will always

win out because of the tradition is so strong there. Yes Jones is a player it is just sad that more

girls and the community does not get out and support the youth programs as well as travel teams. If it had not been for travel Bethany would not have gotten a chance to play in college! You are correct I was talkin about 7A....it keeps gettin worse as I get older! :flower:

Edited by MrNoitAll

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson County year in and year out has the athletes to play any sport but the BB will always

win out because of the tradition is so strong there. Yes Jones is a player it is just sad that more

girls and the community does not get out and support the youth programs as well as travel teams. If it had not been for travel Bethany would not have gotten a chance to play in college! You are correct I was talkin about 7A....it keeps gettin worse as I get older! :flower:

Wrong district stupid,what a joke you are.

WHAT????? Did you say "if it had not been for Travel Ball, she would not have got to play in College"!!! I thought Travel was just a bunch a Daddy's coaching so there kids could play!! LOL Or was it HS coaches coaching just to get a little extra money????? :flower:

• 2 weeks later...

It isn't very good right now, but to say it's not been any good is wrong. Just a few years ago Monterey was in the state tournament, and When RBS went on their run of winning this district 5 straight times they were in the sub-state a couple of times. Also RBS's last year in this district they played a 10 inning battle with Gordonsville in the region tournament, so this district hasn't always been weak....but last year and this year the teams are not very good at all!

Has anyone gotten to play, if so how is everyone looking?

Edited by swanson71

It isn't very good right now, but to say it's not been any good is wrong. Just a few years ago Monterey was in the state tournament, and When RBS went on their run of winning this district 5 straight times they were in the sub-state a couple of times. Also RBS's last year in this district they played a 10 inning battle with Gordonsville in the region tournament, so this district hasn't always been weak....but last year and this year the teams are not very good at all!

Has anyone gotten to play, if so how is everyone looking?

My man what does it mean to play 10 innings or 7 innings they still were the losers...close

is like kissin your girlfriends picture...or like gettin that hamburger with a long hair on

it and it aint the color of your hair....or askin your best friend girlfriend out and she

said I would luv to go but I am seein someone....that's close but you are still a loser! :flower:

My man what does it mean to play 10 innings or 7 innings they still were the losers...close

is like kissin your girlfriends picture...or like gettin that hamburger with a long hair on

it and it aint the color of your hair....or askin your best friend girlfriend out and she

said I would luv to go but I am seein someone....that's close but you are still a loser! :flower:

You make this district sound like it's been weak for years when it really hasn't. Good teams have come out of this district along with some good talent. I understand that it is still losing, but from the way you talk you make it sound like every year when this district gets to go up against it's 8a rivals in the region tournament they automatically get blown away when it's not the case. With the exception of the last couple of years, year in and year out it has always been a dogfight to see who's playing FCS in the region championship. Granted this district has been weak in the last couple of years, but it has not "always" been weak.