I am hearing Problems at Page

FranklyMyDear

First the O'Connor fiasco, then the always problematic East Hickman now I am hearing that Herzog at Page has lost virtually all support. Apparently parents are turning on him like Pancakes at IHOP. I must say he was not a popular choice to begin with and apparently has gotten worse. He did less with the most talent than any other coach in the region. Does anyone have any insight on this? Apparently the Patriots miss Coach Daniels a lot!! Again this is all through the Williamson County grapevine. Fill us in Page fans.

• Upvote 1

The Oconner fiasco you mention is a whole different zoo than what is happening at Page. Administration in Williamson County/Page made several mistakes dealing with parents and that is the reason why he is gone. The Oconner deal came down to politics in Lincoln County and that affected Oconner's ego and his greed. He was shown he didn't have the power he thought he had in Lincoln and not everyone was on board with his copmensation agreement.

Does that mean Herzog is out?

No not out yet. More of they are waiting for him to mess up. Knowing Williamson County the way I do it will take some parents to speak out. Not for sure if that is happening yet or if they are just bellyaching to other parents. Would love to know some of the reasons though if you know Herzog it could be anything.

No not out yet. More of they are waiting for him to mess up. Knowing Williamson County the way I do it will take some parents to speak out. Not for sure if that is happening yet or if they are just bellyaching to other parents. Would love to know some of the reasons though if you know Herzog it could be anything.

i have been around Page football for the last 15 yrs let me say this coach Herzog will not be going anywhere hes the best coach sence Jackie Bennett .,how many coaches lose 7 starters for 5 week that included 2 quarterbacks and still make to the playoffs.This guy cares for these kids.If they are failing in classes u have herzog study hall at 6 am in morning My nephew is now a Jr at page .His grades ,attude towards his parents has change for the good.Sorry folks the ones who are complaning are probally disgunted now x coaches not going to name names. I could tell u this is a honest fact 95% of parents has coach Herzog Back.I hate a rumer starter.The old saying if u cant take the heat then get off my football field must say i enjoyed football alot better last year then previous 2 yrs.Go Page and go coach Herzog

• Upvote 1

"Franklymydear" you must be getting your info from the Franzia vineyard because nothing could be further from the truth. Herzog is the real deal! My son is a rising senior at Page and I have seen how this coach operates on and off field and have been nothing but impressed with this man.

This coach truly cares about his players, year round, not just during football season. Coach Herzog monitors his players' grades and holds them accountable. He also is aware of their activities on and off campus and is not afraid to intervene when necessary.

The bottom line is that Coach Herzog is more old school than anything else and for a high school football coach today there is no higher compliment. He quickly earned the players and parents respect this past fall and he continues to gain support as we all watch him head this program in the right direction.

In almost every program there will be the momma's boy or over protective parent who complains that something is too harsh or not fair. This is almost always the overwhelming minority. However; this situation is different. The opposition is coming from another direction. "Et tu, Brute?"

"Franklymydear" you must be getting your info from the Franzia vineyard because nothing could be further from the truth. Herzog is the real deal! My son is a rising senior at Page and I have seen how this coach operates on and off field and have been nothing but impressed with this man.

This coach truly cares about his players, year round, not just during football season. Coach Herzog monitors his players' grades and holds them accountable. He also is aware of their activities on and off campus and is not afraid to intervene when necessary.

The bottom line is that Coach Herzog is more old school than anything else and for a high school football coach today there is no higher compliment. He quickly earned the players and parents respect this past fall and he continues to gain support as we all watch him head this program in the right direction.

In almost every program there will be the momma's boy or over protective parent who complains that something is too harsh or not fair. This is almost always the overwhelming minority. However; this situation is different. The opposition is coming from another direction. "Et tu, Brute?"

I have a cousin that is attending school at Page and he did confirm that Page does not have many assistant coaches if any he knows of. You need more than one coach to be successful.

Forloveofthegame I believe my team did take the heat and beat your team til it quit when you visited Fairview last year. So don't worry about the heat. For you to say he is betterf than Daniels is nuts. Herzog has a looooong way to go before being compared to. Daniels. Just because you have a childd you can't control doesn't mean it is a coaches job to do so. If he is in fact doing the study halls I ccommend him for that and feel sorry that he has to do it. As for the parents being happy that may be true. Like I said I heard a rumor I have no true way of knowing. Page is a lot like fairview demographically and we both are step children to rest of county. Anyways doesn't matter to me what is happening other than the effect it has on the district and I am missing football.

Nothing is wrong at Page High School."The ship has been righted." Discipline is back in the program. Kids have to be accountable for their actions now. He got the job the first day of practice and had no time to prepare for the season. Lost 7 starters early in the season. Beat David Lipscomb , beat Giles co. and made the playoffs. Had Red Bank beat but lost on turnovers late in 4th quarter. The best is yet to come for Page.. If you're complaining then you're clueless in how to prepare young men for their future.

I do agree with 2td other than part about discipline. I believe this was a Daniels built team. Page was 3-7 before Daniels and in 3 years he had them in 2 rd of playoffs. We will see what coach Herzog puts out next year. He has some good coaches that have been there for a while. Guess time will tell. What does Page have coming back? Who knows maybe everything is peaches and cream at Page but when it comes time to play the jackets it will be beatings and stings:)

I do agree with 2td other than part about discipline. I believe this was a Daniels built team. Page was 3-7 before Daniels and in 3 years he had them in 2 rd of playoffs. We will see what coach Herzog puts out next year. He has some good coaches that have been there for a while. Guess time will tell. What does Page have coming back? Who knows maybe everything is peaches and cream at Page but when it comes time to play the jackets it will be beatings and stings:)

Once again Franklymydear your information is flawed. It might be time to find a new source before posting anymore incorrect information. The truth is that Herzog cleaned house at the end of the season getting rid of all faculty assistants who worked for Daniels. In the process he did not get rid of any "good coaches". I am not sure who you were talking about anyway. All he has left is one faculty assistant and two part time assistants all of which he hired. His efforts to hire new qualified coaches is being thwarted.

Whether it takes one, two or ten years Herzog will build this program the right way.

You are wrong but I am sure you are only repeating what your head dog told you. Let me give you some advice. Once a snake always a snake. Maybe you need to ask around about how H ended up at Page. Tell you where to start. Ask rector. Once 2 faced always 2 faced. Keep drinking kool aid. Time will tell and 7 more months the picture will be very clear.

Edited by FranklyMyDear