District 7a

swanson71

Clarkrange had a dramatic come from behind win over pickett co. last night. (8-7). Clarkrange has lost to Lenoir City 3 times and Knox Fulton. They are 4-1 against single A teams. Don't count them out. They are young with only 1 senior, but they play hard.

I saw where Clarkrange lost to Clay County 5-1 and then turned around and run ruled Clay County 13-2. It looks like each team has 1 go to pitcher, with the exception of Jackson County who's probably got a good #2 and a decent #3 pitcher to go with their #1. If JC doesn't have no screw ups they shouldn't have any problem winning this district and has a great chance at making a trip to sub-state if they can get by whoever they meet up with in the first round of the region.

Edited by swanson71

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope these boys give the town of Gainesboro something to talk about besides girl's basketball. Big test Saturday when they travel to Friendship Christian. The Blue Devils may come away from that game with a loss, nonetheless it will be a good test for JC to see where the boy's are at. However, don't count them out. Ask Livingston, these boys can sneak up on anyone.

Let's hope these boys give the town of Gainesboro something to talk about besides girl's basketball. Big test Saturday when they travel to Friendship Christian. The Blue Devils may come away from that game with a loss, nonetheless it will be a good test for JC to see where the boy's are at. However, don't count them out. Ask Livingston, these boys can sneak up on anyone.

FCS lost a few players from last years team, 2 of their better hitters, but they always have good pitching and a strong offense. Had Livingston took that game seriously and played up to their potential besides another game on the schedule Livingston would have probably won the game, taking away nothing from JC it's just schools that are bigger generally are better. If FCS decides to play ball and doesn't look at JC as another game on the schedule JC will have a hard time keeping this game from being over in 5 innings. I think it's good for the teams around here to play FCS because they're a 1st class program, in terms of talent, and always one of the better teams in the state.

Edited by swanson71

FCS lost a few players from last years team, 2 of their better hitters, but they always have good pitching and a strong offense. Had Livingston took that game seriously and played up to their potential besides another game on the schedule Livingston would have probably won the game, taking away nothing from JC it's just schools that are bigger generally are better. If FCS decides to play ball and doesn't look at JC as another game on the schedule JC will have a hard time keeping this game from being over in 5 innings. I think it's good for the teams around here to play FCS because they're a 1st class program, in terms of talent, and always one of the better teams in the state.

I agree with most of your post. However, you contradict your point a bit. Yes, Livingston may have looked at JC as just another team on the schedule, BUT JC proved that you cannot do that with them. If you look at them as just any team on the schedule... they will beat you.

I agree with most of your post. However, you contradict your point a bit. Yes, Livingston may have looked at JC as just another team on the schedule, BUT JC proved that you cannot do that with them. If you look at them as just any team on the schedule... they will beat you.

I never said JC wasn't good enough, as you said, able to sneak up on a team like LA. JC is a good team and a good team wins games like JC did. All I was saying if that game had any significance it would have been a different story. This takes nothing away from JC as LA is a bigger school and probably somewhat more talented as bigger schools like JC is. The district is down and JC is up this year. They should not have any problems winning this district and should cruise through all the teams, but I do think Monterey will find someway to give JC a hard time but SHOULD NOT beat them.

Just to shake things up a bit . . looks like FCS isn't untouchable . . Gordonsville stole one from them at their place which is a team JC has already beaten earlier this year . . Looks like things are gonna be a little different this go around.

FCS is pretty young this year but come district and even region time they'll ready to go. I've seen teams as good and better than JC is this year and still lose to FCS in the region, they're just tough to beat....but which district get's to host the region championship this year?

Edited by swanson71

How did the FCS game go Saturday?

Not too good, lost by 3 touchdowns. However, JC didn't throw Collier or Hobie. A lot of inexperienced pitchers took the mound. Tonight, Collier threw 6 innings had 11 K in his No Hit outting. Also blasted a home run to center in the 4th in a 10-0 win over Pickett Co.

Not too good, lost by 3 touchdowns. However, JC didn't throw Collier or Hobie. A lot of inexperienced pitchers took the mound. Tonight, Collier threw 6 innings had 11 K in his No Hit outting. Also blasted a home run to center in the 4th in a 10-0 win over Pickett Co.

Well it should be Jackson's year to win it as it loks like the district is extremely down this year, and Jackson County has fielded a pretty decent team this year. I saw the score of the Friendship game, but was just curious as to what happened. I expected FCS to win but in a 7 inning game.

Well it should be Jackson's year to win it as it loks like the district is extremely down this year, and Jackson County has fielded a pretty decent team this year. I saw the score of the Friendship game, but was just curious as to what happened. I expected FCS to win but in a 7 inning game.

I am a bit puzzled at the logic of Coach King with the FCS game as well, understandable he wants to save Collier and Leonard for district games, but it looks like one of them would have thrown against FCS. However, JC wasn't totally bad in the game, they hit the ball as well as FCS did, however FCS hit it in the gaps and other than Leonard's HR, JC hit it right where the defense was. Looks to be a great region tournament with probables JC and Monterey from 7-A and FCS and G'Ville from 8-A.

I am a bit puzzled at the logic of Coach King with the FCS game as well, understandable he wants to save Collier and Leonard for district games, but it looks like one of them would have thrown against FCS. However, JC wasn't totally bad in the game, they hit the ball as well as FCS did, however FCS hit it in the gaps and other than Leonard's HR, JC hit it right where the defense was. Looks to be a great region tournament with probables JC and Monterey from 7-A and FCS and G'Ville from 8-A.

Friendship looks to be down compared to past years as they have lost to Gordonsville and struggled with Trousdale, only a 3-2 victory. This is the weakest i've seen the region as a whole in a long time.