Volunteer Football 2011

Volunteer has struggled the past few years, but 2011 is a new year and I have high hopes for this years squad. I have heard that they are doing away with that offense from last season. Also, I hear that they have good numbers participating in the off season workouts.

I think volunteer has enough talent to compete with the other local schools. Here are some of the players that I believe will start.

QB. Harris

RB. Rogers

FB. Price/ Carter/ Hillman

C. Rogers

OL. Parson/Lawson

TE. Simpson

WR. Barton

WR. Smith

WR. Cradic

Defense

MLB. Carter/Walters

MLB Ramsey

OLB. Walters

OLB. Simpson/ Marsh

FS. Barton

CB. Cradic

CB. Rogers

DE. Hillman

DE Simpson/ Marsh

DL. Parsons/ Lawson/ Shanks

That's a few I could think of. I'm sure I left out some, it's hard to remember everyones name.

Go Falcons! I look forward to the upcoming season.

Edited by Falconfootball2011

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On offense the falcons should be able to move the ball as long as the can get descent blocking from the line. Harris has a good arm and doesn't seem to get rattled. He has good speed and can also run if needed. He should have a good year. As for the running game Rogers has the talent to do some amazing things with the ball. I heard he has gained some size, too. With some blocking I expect him to have a great year.

Top WR's to watch out for I would have to say Barton. He is an all around athlete. He needs to be more involved in the offense. He can make plays. He was also the leading tackler on defense. Smith, Simpson, and Cradic I expect to have crucial role in the

receiving game.

As for the line I hope they get some better coaching. They have some experience coming back. Rogers, and Parsons have the experience and I hope that lawson steps up big this year, he has the size. I heard that the line has a new coach. A coach that came over from Tennessee high. The line will be the key for the success.

What kind of offense and defense are they looking at running? Reading your post it assumes a 4-4 defense

[/quote

Im not sure what defense they will run. I was just posting some names of some players that I could remember from last season who are coming back and have a chance to win a starting position. I know I left out some players because I couldn't remember everyones name and I'm sure some kids who didn't play last season will play. I hope the defense looks a lot better this season no matter what defense they decide to go with. Can't let everyone score 35 points and expect to win games.

QB. Harris

RB. Rogers

FB. Price/ Carter/ Hillman- not sure he will play here, good size kid may need to play line

C. Rogers

OL. Parson/Lawson

TE. Simpson

WR. Barton

WR. Smith

WR. Cradic

Defense

MLB. Carter/Walters

MLB Ramsey

OLB. Walters

OLB. Simpson/ Marsh- (Who is this?)

FS. Barton

CB. Cradic

CB. Sexton started last year he will be back

Rogers-(Not sure he can go both ways...gets hurt too much)

DE. Hillman/ Walters probably depending on the defense

DE Simpson/ Marsh

DL. Parsons/ Lawson/ Shanks/ Quillen

Sometimes your best defense is the offense! Need to move the ball better and keep the defense off the field! I think this team has a good chance of winning 5-7 games the players just need to believe!

I couldn't remember if sexton was a senior or not. I agree with you on the offense needs to be better, but last years offense was a bad idea and really hurt the team. They were extremely limited in what they could do. I'm exited to see what the offense will look like this season. I know the falcons have talent and I hope the coaching staff can figure out the right formula to make them successful.

If VHS wants to be successful they will have to play their best players even if they have to play both ways. I would like to see harris and rogers play some defense. I know what people are going to say. H harris is a qb. I watched DB play last year and their QB started and played most of the game at safety. He played both ways along with others and that's at a bigger school then VHS so I don't understand why they don't. That's how you win in high school.

I also heard that j Lawson is playing this year and he should help the falcons in the backfield. Does anyone know if Shaquille is going to play football next season? Someone told me that he was thinking about it. I would like to see him playing again. He could help the team.

I also think this team could suprise some people and win 6+ games, but they will have to do a lot more than just believe. Hard work, discipline, and knowing your assignments makes you a good player. If your players committ to a goal and work hard at it and get good coaching then you have yourself a good team.

I believe

I agree with you. But it comes down to the kids wanting to win and executing the plays called. At some point this town has to realize that not everything is the coaches fault. It is also my understanding the j lawson is playing which will help the team not only on offense but on defense as well.

I agree with you. But it comes down to the kids wanting to win and executing the plays called. At some point this town has to realize that not everything is the coaches fault. It is also my understanding the j lawson is playing which will help the team not only on offense but on defense as well.

I wouldn't say that everything is the coaches fault, but the offense last year was thought up by the coaches and that my friend has to make you question the staff in place. I'm not going to look back anymore and I don't want to make this thread into something negative. I want to look forward and get excited about the upcoming season. I support the falcons and whoever is there coaching and I would suggest that everyone else do the same instead of talking bad about the staff in front of your kids. All that does is make the player not believe in the what the coaches are trying to teach in effect only hurts the program.

I agree! I am not trying to be negative either. I am a supporter and i played at vhs. i have high hopes for this team. got good experience and some young talent too. got to see some jv games last year and the young kids put up a fight in every game i seen at the jv level. not sure what the record was at that level but they played well and that was without alot of junior i believe, had alot of fr and so players. the kids hit the weights hard and train well in the summer this team could be a playoff team i really believe that. i had heard that we dropped betsy and picked up sullivan east is that true?

What does the schedule look like anyone know?

That's the only change that I heard besides moving some games around to different weeks in the season. East second week of the season at East and im pretty sure north with be the first game of the year at home.

The falcons should start the season strong with 2 wins.