Greenfield Yellow Jackets

volfan007

Well, Greenfield has made it to the sub state 2 years in a row, and most of those players are back this year. They are no longer young guys. They're experienced, and should be ready to make a splash in the state tourney this year. We should've been in the state tourney last year....the sub state game with Adamsville should've been won by the Jackets...

What do yall think?

Greenfield should certainly be considered as one of the better teams in West Tn. this year. They have plenty of experience and Potts , UT Martin signee, and Crouse will be two of the top area players as well. I'm sure their goal is to make the state tourney as it will be for every other team .As for should have or could have won a game they just did'nt and thats baseball. I am looking foward to a great high school season with lots of great players and games to watch, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS YEAR !

Well, Greenfield has made it to the sub state 2 years in a row, and most of those players are back this year. They are no longer young guys. They're experienced, and should be ready to make a splash in the state tourney this year. We should've been in the state tourney last year....the sub state game with Adamsville should've been won by the Jackets...

What do yall think?

they should be good again. I figure they will struggle early because of the amount of basketball players. It will be tough for them to advance to state if they do not win their district. A sub state game versus riverside would be brutal. This might be the last time in a while that greenfield will have this much talent so they better take advantage of it this year.

I hope the Jackets are able to make it to state this year. For the past two season they have been close so I really hope their experience well help take them to the next level. While this is really their first week of practice as a team, they may be a little behind everyone else but I know the guys will have two weeks of hard practices and be ready for what appears to be a very DIFFICULT first week of games. The Jackets are not starting their season off slowly at all! They will face 3 AA teams and Riverside (if the weather plays nicely). So they will be tested early on but hopefully it will pay off at the end of season.

G-field has some great players that has been together a long time. A team that don't know how to lose. When you drive thru there town you see several signs show different baseball state champions and this is the group thats done it. It would be great to see them win one for there school. It helps the whole town. I also remember in the 80's several of these guys Dad's winning a State in basketball and playing in several playoff games before they done it. THE HARD WORK WILL PAYOFF THIS YEAR.

Go Yellowjackets

• 2 weeks later...