Since you are Mr. Notitall

Hunter1

I am curious why none of the Division II teams or players get recognition on this board. I have read post over the last couple years that no one cares about Div. II. There has been a ton of NCAA Division I talent over the past few years and these girls seem to be overlooked. Wondering Why?

I am curious why none of the Division II teams or players get recognition on this board. I have read post over the last couple years that no one cares about Div. II. There has been a ton of NCAA Division I talent over the past few years and these girls seem to be overlooked. Wondering Why?

If you have to ask that question, you will never understand the answer. :popcorneater:

No one really cares??? :roflol:

Yea there are some good players on DII teams but still no one cares??

Even at the "Boro" you rarely see the few college coaches that are there watching games watching any of the DII games..... might be someting to it??

:ph34r:

Even at the "Boro" you rarely see the few college coaches that are there watching games watching any of the DII games..... might be someting to it??

I will agree that a Baylor & Gps championship every year may not interest everyone in the state, but to say that college coaches don't care is ridiculous. I guess these kids are getting recruited somewhere since Gps has as many kids on Tennessee's roster as anyone in the state.

Are you a talkin about those games that you can find a seat anytime that those teams are playin in the "Boro" heck I thought that was some elementary school out there playin! So you are sayin to me that is a state championship games from high schools players playin over there? Well I have learned somethin today ....are you sure that ain't little elementray schools??? I bet you are right there must be tons of Daddy's All Stars on those fields!!!! :flower:

The ASA 16 under A Nationals will be in Chattanooga this Summer. Be there on Day 1 and look around for yourself at all the College coaches. Some people have a problem when "A travel ball" is brought up. Go see for yourself. When we went as 16's to Owensboro Ky, I walked into the park and every Pac-10 coach was watching a girl pitch!!! :flower:

The ASA 16 under A Nationals will be in Chattanooga this Summer. Be there on Day 1 and look around for yourself at all the College coaches. Some people have a problem when "A travel ball" is brought up. Go see for yourself. When we went as 16's to Owensboro Ky, I walked into the park and every Pac-10 coach was watching a girl pitch!!! :flower:

I totally agree. I coach The Fury 95 and I understand the recruiting process. My point is a talented player should not be ignored because they go to a private school. By the way, there are several of "Daddy's Allstars" playing big time softball.

I totally agree. I coach The Fury 95 and I understand the recruiting process. My point is a talented player should not be ignored because they go to a private school. By the way, there are several of "Daddy's Allstars" playing big time softball.

True, but my "Daddys Allstar" never went to State in HS. Heck they only one the District once!!!! (and it wasn't very tough). However, she playes at a D1 school and went to a NCAA Regional last year. My point is that if you are a good player at a bad school (team), enjoy your school but get on a good A travel team that will get you seen at ASA A Nationals or 18 Gold. As a matter of fact, 4 girls off that HS team went on to play in College. (5 if you add another sport)!!!!! Wow, now that I think about that, that's kind of sad!!! LOL :flower:

For those that REALLY care (softball fans)... D2 has some very talented players. Before the public private split private schools dominated softball in ALL 3 divisions. One reason publics wanted them out.

1993 AAA champions: Baylor; AA champions: David Lipscomb; A champions: Ezell Harding

1994 AAA champions: Baylor; AA champions: David Lipscomb; A champions: Ezell Harding

1995 AAA champions: Father Ryan; AA champions: Notre Dame; A champions: Ezell Harding

1996 AAA Runner Up: Father Ryan; AA champions: Goodpasture

Since the split (1997), do we really know who the best team is? No.......it will always be debateable. As for talent...D2 may have more college scholarship players per percentage of teams.