Who will take 13AA?

lionssports

I thought Westview would be down this year after losing 5 starters from last year's team, but I saw them play in the Sarah Beth tournament this weekend and they surprised me. They ended up tying for 3rd with TCA. Their only loss was against Grace Academy 2-1. Errors beat them in this game. They are a young team with only 2 seniors and 1 junior and the rest underclassmen but they are led by two great pitchers in senior Shaylon Robb (signed with D1 EKU) and Sophomore Meagan Prince (out last year with broken thumb). They beat Southside (4-1), Millington (9-0), Riverside (2-1), Briarcrest (5-0), Camden (6-5) in extra innings, and then lost to Grace (2-1). They were down 3 in the last inning to Camden and came back and tied it up to take it to extra innings and ended up winning. That was a huge come from behind win for such a young team. They have been to the State Tournament 4 years in a row now so I would pick them to be the favorite again this year.

I was shocked as you were. I really thought they would be down. Westview looks very solid.

Yes they do. Their normal starting nine are 2 seniors, 1 junior, 3 sophomores, and 3 freshmen. For a freshman to step up to the plate in only her 5th game of her high school career down one run with a runner in scoring position and get the hit that scored the winning run to win the game says a lot about this team. The younger girls have come in and taken the place of the ones lost from last years team and with more experience will only get better.

I saw where they played Camden again tonight and won 10-6. Look for this team to go far this season and more than likely make a 5th straight appearance to state.

Yes they do. Their normal starting nine are 2 seniors, 1 junior, 3 sophomores, and 3 freshmen. For a freshman to step up to the plate in only her 5th game of her high school career down one run with a runner in scoring position and get the hit that scored the winning run to win the game says a lot about this team. The younger girls have come in and taken the place of the ones lost from last years team and with more experience will only get better.

I saw where they played Camden again tonight and won 10-6. Look for this team to go far this season and more than likely make a 5th straight appearance to state.

I am amazed and impressed! West Tn is weaker this year. This was a welcome surprise.