Best Umpires in Dist. 1

#12fan

Couldn't help notice the criticism of the umpiring in some of the other topics. I guess I've done my share of criticising some of the umpiring as well before I became one. That led me to start this topic. Since I am an umpire in this district, I'll leave my opinions out of it but I'm just wondering who folks think are some of the best umpires in Dist. 1.

Couldn't help notice the criticism of the umpiring in some of the other topics. I guess I've done my share of criticising some of the umpiring as well before I became one. That led me to start this topic. Since I am an umpire in this district, I'll leave my opinions out of it but I'm just wondering who folks think are some of the best umpires in Dist. 1.

I don't know last names but Tammy, meduim length curly hair. She is strict but very fair. She got the honor of umpiring at the state tournament a few years ago.

Craig, also don't know his last name, but he knows the rule book and isnt afraid inforce it. very professional guy.

There are some good umpires in District 1. Unfortunately, there are some really bad ones too. I don't know the names of the good ones, but I could sure name several of the bad ones (but won't). Come to think of it, that actually makes some sense because, in most cases, the competent officials (in all sports) go largely unnoticed as they typically apply the rules accurately and consistently. Although this may sound discriminatory, it is not intended to be. There are several umpires in District 1 that have physical limitations that severely deter their ability to do a decent job, i.e. poor eye sight, limited mobility, etc. My point is not to pick on senior citizens, but rather to state an opinion that at some point in life we all have to come to the realization that we "ain't what we used to be" and should maybe find something else more productive to do rather than trying to fool ourselves into believing otherwise. Continuing to try and do a job that you're not able to do simply does a disservice to yourself and the coaches/kids that work so hard each day to be the best they can be. As for all you good ones out there, I do appreciate your time and effort in doing a good job! My two cents...

Edited by etownsparky

Why of course YOU ARE the best Umpire!!!! :roflol: There someone said it?? Now please let this thread DIE :thumb: It is truely terrible :thumb:

:ph34r:

Why of course YOU ARE the best Umpire!!!! :roflol: There someone said it?? Now please let this thread DIE :thumb: It is truely terrible :thumb:

:ph34r:

Just looking for some honest opinions about something positive instead of the negative we all hear about. Thanks to the two or three that have given an honest answer. Guess that was too much to ask for from the "expert."