West Tn Softball

BlueandGoldBlood

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always hear alot about east and middle tn softball. Lets hear about the west tn teams. Any updates?

Unfortunately there is not much to talk about. Only two maybe three teams out of the west have been able to consistantly compete with their sisters from the east and middle part of the state, Covington (AA)and Trinty (A). St. Benedict(D2)is the other school that may fall in that catagory. Every now and then another school will gets its hand on a decent pitcher and will make a run. As far as the teams that have already been mentioned I would keep an eye on Martin Westview and Lexington, I think both of these school still have pretty good pitching. Munford and Brighton from what I can tell will be the (AAA)representatives, but they just don't have enough to play with the middle and east.

Unfortunately there is not much to talk about. Only two maybe three teams out of the west have been able to consistantly compete with their sisters from the east and middle part of the state, Covington (AA)and Trinty (A). St. Benedict(D2)is the other school that may fall in that catagory. Every now and then another school will gets its hand on a decent pitcher and will make a run. As far as the teams that have already been mentioned I would keep an eye on Martin Westview and Lexington, I think both of these school still have pretty good pitching. Munford and Brighton from what I can tell will be the (AAA)representatives, but they just don't have enough to play with the middle and east.

Keep an eye on Lexington. They have a stud of a pitcher and can hit the ball to any part of the field. I think Munford is a team people better watch out for also, excellent pitching and they can hit with the best of them.

Halls (west tn) and Union City are in the same distric as South Fulton. Halls beat Brighton, Adamsville, and tied Covington this past weekend in a tournament. Lost to Munford 4-0. South Fulton beat Halls 4-3 last week at home. Is Union City weak this year? I know they lost their main pitcher to graduation. Heard her younger sister is pitching. Has South Fulton played them yet?

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM DYER CO.THEY LOOKED GREAT EARLY AT THE SARA BETH WHITEHEAD TOURNAMENT BUT I HEARD THEIR STUD FRESHMEN PITCHER GOT HURT AND THEY HAVE BEEN WITHOUT HER.MUNFORD LOOKS REAL GOOD AND SO DOES BRIGHTON.13 AAA THEY SAY IS A VERY TOUGH DISTRICT.

They say she is still hurt. USJ beat SBA. Covington not as strong as they were. Westview looks good. Riverside beat Trinity.

Halls (west tn) and Union City are in the same distric as South Fulton. Halls beat Brighton, Adamsville, and tied Covington this past weekend in a tournament. Lost to Munford 4-0. South Fulton beat Halls 4-3 last week at home. Is Union City weak this year? I know they lost their main pitcher to graduation. Heard her younger sister is pitching. Has South Fulton played them yet?

I do believe that South Fulton won by 10 in 5.

Trinity and ST B are not that good this year. Camden has lost a lot from there championship season. I see one Camden pitcher that is not even playing this year. Mckenzie is tough this year and so is Huntingdon. Henry Co. is really struggling this year. I dont think they have won a game all year. What I hear is that the teams to beat this year is Riverside and South Fulton. It will be interesting to see who will go to Murfressboro.