INDEPENDENCE HS IS IN BAD SHAPE

saveindy81

As we approach spring practice one thing is for sure. Independence made a mistake by opening the season with Blackman with the way things are fallen apart there. Rumors has it that Coach Dyson is more concerned about the lockout than his team because no Titans means no paycheck for him from the radio. Not to mention just today my son comes home from school and tell me that three football players were in the locker room smoking weed and got caught. Amazing to see considering all the coaching offices are right there. Great hire Dr. Campbell. One word of advise hire coaches with resumes not ones that hang out with you on the weekends. The coach you have on your staff that has any knowledge about football is Coach Gates. He has seen the program grow and would have been a great head coach to lead these Eagles not someone who is living off the name the Music City Miracle. As I sit in the stands last year and complained about the defense looking like they put together their game plan from The NCAA Football, now I sit in this parent meeting a few weeks ago and listen to Coach Dyson say we are going to have a mom clinic to teach us about football. I am wondering if I can teach it because none of these coaches can. Parents just pray with me as we will go through another loosing season unless someone cleans house at Indy and hire a new principal and coach because as we know Coach Dyson is only a puppet in the position and Dr. Campbel calls the shots. I hope someone can respond realisitically and tell me something different because I see disaster in front of us.

Coach Gates, the best coach on staff? :roflol: He is the worse coach on staff. He has no clue about football. I was not a fan of the hire, but Coach Dyson is better than Coach Gates.

I am convinced this is either Coach Gates or his wife. The problem at Indy is that the talent level is down from previous years. There are no Pettigrews or Consiglios roaming the halls in Thompson Station. Your son may of been great in junior pro, but that doesn't mean he will be good in high school.

I saw this mess coming a long time ago. Thankfully, I'm retired and dont have children at Independence. I just enjoy watching high school football. I gave up on Indy and have a new team to follow, Centennial. They made a great hire, seem to be doing things right, and will be on the rise.

Making the right hire at a school is critical. Independence made a bad one and are paying for it. Ravenwood made two bad ones in the span of 3 months and will be paying for it. Franklin will still be Franklin, but are getting weaker every year because they have privatized themselves by becoming Grassland High, there just isnt a lot of top athletes going to public schools from that area any more, their recruiting efforts into the Centennial zone are being thwarted. Brentwood will be consistent and will still be Brentwood. Independence will be beaten by a much smaller and much better Summit HS within 3 years.

I saw this mess coming a long time ago. Thankfully, I'm retired and dont have children at Independence. I just enjoy watching high school football. I gave up on Indy and have a new team to follow, Centennial. They made a great hire, seem to be doing things right, and will be on the rise.

Making the right hire at a school is critical. Independence made a bad one and are paying for it. Ravenwood made two bad ones in the span of 3 months and will be paying for it. Franklin will still be Franklin, but are getting weaker every year because they have privatized themselves by becoming Grassland High, there just isnt a lot of top athletes going to public schools from that area any more, their recruiting efforts into the Centennial zone are being thwarted. Brentwood will be consistent and will still be Brentwood. Independence will be beaten by a much smaller and much better Summit HS within 3 years.

Taco, talk to me about Franklin privatizing. I have noticed the basketball talent has really dropped off. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

Taco, talk to me about Franklin privatizing. I have noticed the basketball talent has really dropped off. :popcorneater:

Word on the street is that a few years ago, when Franklin's scores and grad rate dropped and they got put on the state's priority list, they used it as an excuse to remove a more difficult portion of its student body and sent them to Centennial through zoning. During that time, they have constantly recruited those students who were athletic to come back to FHS. From what I understand, there was even a time when the majority of starters on the FHS football team should have been Centennial students. Fake addresses, living with grandma, taking classes that another school didnt offer, etc, all the old ways of beating the system. I've been told that the Franklin coach once commented that he beats Centennial with their own players. Pretty sad. But back to your request.

When they changed to zone about 5 years ago, a local politican made it very clear that they wanted FHS to be a homogeneous school. If you look at the demographics of FHS, they have continually been less and less diverse over the last several years, so that politicians wishes are coming true. I have been told that almost 90% of the two middle schools that once fed Franklin High School (Popular Grove and Freedom Middle) now go to Centennial. Grassland Middle feeds completely into Franklin H.S. with a tiny portion of PGMS and FMS getting pilfered away from CHS to FHS. Most locals around here do not realize that Franklin High School does not serve the students and areas that are considered Franklin and Old Franklin. Franklin High School should be called Grassland High School. They are Franklin High School in name only. Because of all of this, Franklin has become less and less athletic in the past few years.

The real community of Franklin goes to Centennial. It took me some digging to put all this together, but a few calls to some well connected friends helped me put this all together.

Word on the street is that a few years ago, when Franklin's scores and grad rate dropped and they got put on the state's priority list, they used it as an excuse to remove a more difficult portion of its student body and sent them to Centennial through zoning. During that time, they have constantly recruited those students who were athletic to come back to FHS. From what I understand, there was even a time when the majority of starters on the FHS football team should have been Centennial students. Fake addresses, living with grandma, taking classes that another school didnt offer, etc, all the old ways of beating the system. I've been told that the Franklin coach once commented that he beats Centennial with their own players. Pretty sad. But back to your request.

Becareful Taco. This is all the truth but I used to yell this all the time and I got topics closed by telling the truth about the mighty rebels. If Clayton did actually say that comment then I sure hope we beat him this year with OUR PLAYERS!!!!!

When they changed to zone about 5 years ago, a local politican made it very clear that they wanted FHS to be a homogeneous school. If you look at the demographics of FHS, they have continually been less and less diverse over the last several years, so that politicians wishes are coming true. I have been told that almost 90% of the two middle schools that once fed Franklin High School (Popular Grove and Freedom Middle) now go to Centennial. Grassland Middle feeds completely into Franklin H.S. with a tiny portion of PGMS and FMS getting pilfered away from CHS to FHS. Most locals around here do not realize that Franklin High School does not serve the students and areas that are considered Franklin and Old Franklin. Franklin High School should be called Grassland High School. They are Franklin High School in name only. Because of all of this, Franklin has become less and less athletic in the past few years.

The real community of Franklin goes to Centennial. It took me some digging to put all this together, but a few calls to some well connected friends helped me put this all together.

WOW! 5 years ago we almost bought a house across the street from the school. I thought it was in a great location with a great mix of athletes to build from. How do kids from Freedom go to Cenntennial when Freedom is out on 96 West? Oh wait, it's the public school system.

We played Franklin in the second round last year and I was shocked to see just how un-athletic they were, in such a short amount of time. I also think that there is a lot of competition in that area for athletes, if you have money you have options.

All public schools no matter where you are dealing with that.:popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

As we approach spring practice one thing is for sure. Independence made a mistake by opening the season with Blackman with the way things are fallen apart there. Rumors has it that Coach Dyson is more concerned about the lockout than his team because no Titans means no paycheck for him from the radio. Not to mention just today my son comes home from school and tell me that three football players were in the locker room smoking weed and got caught. Amazing to see considering all the coaching offices are right there. Great hire Dr. Campbell. One word of advise hire coaches with resumes not ones that hang out with you on the weekends. The coach you have on your staff that has any knowledge about football is Coach Gates. He has seen the program grow and would have been a great head coach to lead these Eagles not someone who is living off the name the Music City Miracle. As I sit in the stands last year and complained about the defense looking like they put together their game plan from The NCAA Football, now I sit in this parent meeting a few weeks ago and listen to Coach Dyson say we are going to have a mom clinic to teach us about football. I am wondering if I can teach it because none of these coaches can. Parents just pray with me as we will go through another loosing season unless someone cleans house at Indy and hire a new principal and coach because as we know Coach Dyson is only a puppet in the position and Dr. Campbel calls the shots. I hope someone can respond realisitically and tell me something different because I see disaster in front of us.

Hold on now with this post. It's well documented and stated that I'm not a fan of Dyson , he is a horrible coach, and I asked how someone with 3 years of coaching recievers and d.b. get a head coaching gig, let alone the A.D. job

The weed issue, checked and falsely reported

The schedule, you need to log tough games early for the record indys state title run had BA and MBA

Defense was not indys problem last year it was the offense.......

I agree Dyson needs to go

Becareful Taco. This is all the truth but I used to yell this all the time and I got topics closed by telling the truth about the mighty rebels. If Clayton did actually say that comment then I sure hope we beat him this year with OUR PLAYERS!!!!!

The old boys definitely don't like their dirty little secret being told thats for sure. Segregation is the darkest and most hidden on they have, but you can look at the schools and see how intentionally it has happened.

WOW! 5 years ago we almost bought a house across the street from the school. I thought it was in a great location with a great mix of athletes to build from. How do kids from Freedom go to Cenntennial when Freedom is out on 96 West? Oh wait, it's the public school system.

We played Franklin in the second round last year and I was shocked to see just how un-athletic they were, in such a short amount of time. I also think that there is a lot of competition in that area for athletes, if you have money you have options.

All public schools no matter where you are dealing with that.:popcorneater:

Word is that there are students that drive right past FHS to get to CHS. Crazy.

The old boys definitely don't like their dirty little secret being told thats for sure. Segregation is the darkest and most hidden on they have, but you can look at the schools and see how intentionally it has happened.

:roflol:

So true! I just got sick and tired of watching Centennial Boys play for Franklin. I even got on here and told how they were doing it and how Clayton and his coaches would tell guys to move in with grandma or try to get a request to take a class at Franklin that we did not have at Centennial. I named the name of the guy who would do all the talking to our boys so the coaches at Franklin would look like they had nothing to do with it. All it got me was closed topics. :rolleyes: If Clayton did make that statement that he beats us with our players then I hope we get him good.