Why your team is a loser!

MrNoitAll

Well cousin you must have been talkin about travel ball cause that is where you see a your mama's keep score book to make sure every hit is count as a hit and daddy

makin sure that his princess is the star....now I am sure that was what you were a talkin about! But we do have several of them high school teams that have that daddy a settin on the pine bein a coach to make sure that baby girl gets special treatment!

I know that is so hard to believe but it be true! So here is number #17!

17. Coaches......have you ever had parents question the way the scorekeeper score a play cause the ball bounce one time on the ground then off of glove and roll around and that scorekeeper gave that little princess a error when everyone knows that was a hit cause my princess hit it.....or it could be rule number 1?

No, No, No....I was talking about HIGH SCHOOL COACHES. The ones who take the job just for the extra pay. They are the ones who coach track, golf, basketball, volleyball, and whatever else they can sqeeze in. They are at the schools that never go to State, unless they pay. They often play the players whose Parents have complained to the Principle, are friends of friends, etc... I mean lets not allow the best players to play, have to work hard to earn your spot. After all, this is America!!! Just complain enough and you'll get your way with the public system!!!!

Funny you mention Travel Ball and book keeping. Back when my DD was in HS our HS team had 3 BOOKS being kept!!!! (4 if you count the 2 the pitchers MOM kept). However our Travel team had 1.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean lets not allow the best players to play, have to work hard to earn your spot. After all, this is America!!! Just complain enough and you'll get your way with the public system!!!!

Well Cousin I am afraid that you are right about this one...to many coaches need the

extra $$$$$ to make ends meet with the big salary that the board of education wants to pay just bein a teacher....but I would say over half of the schools in the state really

don't care if we had softball or not.....which is sad because the schools that do take

it serious don't need the rap that they get because of the bad ones! :flower:

Coaches and parents don't let this sport fall prey to AAU Basketball, Travel Soccer and Club Volleyball. Let the girls play multiple sports and enjoy their high school athletic experience and coaches go after those athletes in other sports and tell them about the great game of softball.

College sports are a job...high school sports are fun and will have long lasting memories. Don't take those memories away from your student or child.

If your a great athlete worthy of college in any sport...you will be found, trust me...your parents don't have to spend a fortune to promote you thru AAU, Club or Travel Ball...or spend every weekend in another state...spend the weekends playing ball with your high school teamates playing softball!

Is soccer or volleyball on ESPN or ESPN2 every weekend like SEC Softball is now...heck no. Check it out girls and what your missing...real action!!! :popcorneater:

Coaches and parents don't let this sport fall prey to AAU Basketball, Travel Soccer and Club Volleyball. Let the girls play multiple sports and enjoy their high school athletic experience and coaches go after those athletes in other sports and tell them about the great game of softball.

College sports are a job...high school sports are fun and will have long lasting memories. Don't take those memories away from your student or child.

If your a great athlete worthy of college in any sport...you will be found, trust me...your parents don't have to spend a fortune to promote you thru AAU, Club or Travel Ball...or spend every weekend in another state...spend the weekends playing ball with your high school teamates playing softball!

Is soccer or volleyball on ESPN or ESPN2 every weekend like SEC Softball is now...heck no. Check it out girls and what your missing...real action!!! :popcorneater:

Hogan you must be around one of those good programs. I can promise you that if my DD had not played Travel Softball, She would not be playing in College!!!! Heck, the only College Coaches that came near her school was when they drove by on the Hwy going to a game!!!! Please don't mislead a lot of these girls who don't play at the "Upper" HS programs.....I think you "know" better....

And BTW...my DD played every sport and enjoyed them. I think a lot of coaches like seeing well rounded athletes. I agree that if they want to play multi sports they should. Don't let any Coach, Travel or High School, stop you!!!

Edited by Mr knowitall

Hogan you must be around one of those good programs. I can promise you that if my DD had not played Travel Softball, She would not be playing in College!!!! Heck, the only College Coaches that came near her school was when they drove by on the Hwy going to a game!!!! Please don't mislead a lot of these girls who don't play at the "Upper" HS programs.....I think you "know" better....

And BTW...my DD played every sport and enjoyed them. I think a lot of coaches like seeing well rounded athletes. I agree that if they want to play multi sports they should. Don't let any Coach, Travel or High School, stop you!!!

I think your missing my point here...didn't mention any thing about Travel Softball in the summer...a great time to play. Hogan is talking about AAU Basketball, Travel Soccer and Club Volleyball while softball is in season at the high school level...get my drift.

A well rounded athlete is much better than one who is playing and spending their time doing the same sport year round...you ever hear of burn out...it happens. :popcorneater:

Edited by Hoganknows

Number 19....Coaches have you ever had a player sittin on the pine and enjoyin a good hot dog or a good cold drink or talkin to that boyfriend out the dugout door while the game is bein play....now I know you are goin to say that the coaches should be a catchin that type of behavior but most of them coaches are a watchin what is goin on the field instead of that dugout....now folks I guess if everyone had a hot dog and a cold drink it would be ok but when the little princess of the coach is a doin it just dont look good if you know what I mean....or it could be that is the reason daddy is a coachin to make sure that his baby gets special treatment.....or it could be rule number 1! :flower:

Number 20...........this is a good one!

Well I was down at the park and you will not believe what I was told. This friend of mind is tellin me this story about this team. The pitcher is givin up rockets to the other team and they are a scorin a bunch of runs......well it ain't because of errors, the wind wasn't blowin in or out and there was no sun to get in the eyes of the fielders, the catcher must not had been settin up right, the balls kept goin in between the infields and outfielders and the princess was just providin a launchin pad for the other team...well daddy is one of the coaches and guess who they are a blamin.....yep your right everyone but the little princess in the circle.....It is hard to believe that people who are supposed to be educated are blamin everyone except the person who is throwin the meat to the batters....oh thats right daddy was a callin the pitches.......no doubt this is rule Number 1! :flower:

21 (or you can disregard this one and pick up at 21 yourself :roflol: ), players who are convinced by parents how high school ball is unimportant and just practice time between summer seasons. See the 3AAA topic. Just because a college coach may not be there-and I've seen them at games this spring, actually-doesn't mean it's useless and that attitude has to lead to lesser results.

21 (or you can disregard this one and pick up at 21 yourself :roflol: ), players who are convinced by parents how high school ball is unimportant and just practice time between summer seasons. See the 3AAA topic. Just because a college coach may not be there-and I've seen them at games this spring, actually-doesn't mean it's useless and that attitude has to lead to lesser results.

21-B players who are convinced by parents how high school ball is so important and so good and not just practice time between summer seasons.

21-B players who are convinced by parents how high school ball is so important and so good and not just practice time between summer seasons.

Great Job "Cowboy" and we will also add 21-B...so we are ready for Number 22....I can not believe with all of the smart folks on here besides us that they can not give us just a few....I have at least XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX more! :flower:

How can focusing on the current season be a bad thing for that season? We're talking about why some teams and players don't do well, in school ball. On the team here there are some who played or will continue to play high level summer, some play a little lesser level, but from what I've seen all those players bring it each game and are focused on the now.

Yes, most players sign depending on what happens in the summer. That's not even an argument. But nobody's arguing that.

Good example in Tennessean this morning :popcorneater:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110505/SPORTS07/305050060/At-some-high-schools-softball-falls-by-wayside?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Sports|p