Region 4a tournament

swanson71

Game will be played tomorrow night at 7 o'clock at Jackson County. Let's hope JC can take down the richie rich kids from the University of Friendship Christian. I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Dude, you are unbelievable. You call us the "Richie Rich" kids and the University of Friendship Christian, which is an accusation to us recruiting, and say that you will beat us. But, Volzchamp thinks we will win and you come back and accuse us of being arrogant. Then you base your upcoming victory on 10 running TC, but you don't mention getting 10 ran to them a few weeks earlier. And you did pitch your ace that game. Then we don't see a single post from you until your region victory and the true arrogant one in this thread returns. I am not making a prediction one way or the other and won't even be there, but I do believe history has a tendency to repeat itself. I hope that is not too arrogant of a prediction.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so confident. If Friendship sees Collier on the mound, which could happen, JC has a huge chance of winning. The past two years Collier has sat down many Commanders in the Region Tourney, and if he would have had some offense those years in the past the games could have been won. If not, Hobie Leonard will still give JC a chance. JC can upset these guys if they're not careful, but it will be a very difficult task. I expect a close game.

Since Collier threw all 5 innings the other night I wouldn't expect to see him on the mound. Not to mention they will need him on Friday, which is the game that really matters.

Since Collier threw all 5 innings the other night I wouldn't expect to see him on the mound. Not to mention they will need him on Friday, which is the game that really matters.

FCS-14 JC-5. JC didn't go with Collier. Great Job to Hobie Leonard and Peyton Broyles on the mound for their efforts. Also great job to Friendship Christian, who's offense overpowered JC throughout the game. JC travels to South Pitt Friday @ 1. Good luck to both teams in their next game.

FCS-14 JC-5. JC didn't go with Collier. Great Job to Hobie Leonard and Peyton Broyles on the mound for their efforts. Also great job to Friendship Christian, who's offense overpowered JC throughout the game. JC travels to South Pitt Friday @ 1. Good luck to both teams in their next game.

Nice game from both teams. Best of luck to Jackson Co on Friday.

I believe I said it in an earlier post that after each teams ace noone in region can play with FCS because they have the pitching to win beyond one tough game whereas noone else does not and noone hits the ball as well as FCS does. On another note I was shocked by the score of the JC and TC game. JC has had it easy thus far with how weak the other teams in 7a are, so I had assumed given that TC was stronger than any other area teams that JC has played this year TC would pull it off. However, JC is a completely different team with Collier on the mound and it showed in the win against TC. After JC's ace they take a step back and when that happens they can't compete with a powerhouse like FC. Like I said with Collier on the mound they are a completely different team and with Collier on the mound for JC in a sub state game they have a great chance at making the state tournament, but when they get there it will be 2 and done. Teams in the state tournament are a lot better than FCS and if you can't compete with FCS then how can you expect to compete with teams in the region. FCS is in the same boat, but they may win a game or 2 but if they meet up with Riverside again it could be a long day at the ball park for FCS. With all of that said no matter what happens it is a great accomplishment to make it to the sub-state and beyond if possible, so congrats to both teams on making it this far and good luck from here on out.