Class A Substate Matchups

crazy_cowboy89

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when it comes to advancing in your area, it's a lot like an old coaching friend used to tell me, "Sometimes it's not as important how good you are as it is important how good is everybody else you're playing."

Good luck Coach Long.

Edited by Watchful

That's what's surprising here, they went very quietly when we saw them.

There's no telling, several things it coulda been, they coulda been pitching a 4 or 5 slot pitcher, might not have had all their kids for some reason, coulda been playing younger players for experience or they could've had a very off day and now they've jelled and are playing much better. Momentum is an incredible thing though. It can turn a team's mentality completely around. I don't know if Marion Co. has had a coaching change recently or anything else but they've always been a tough competitor in the mix of things.

I think the team that may end up in the State that no one knows a lot about is South Pittsburgh. I'm used to seeing their football program at the top but they've had a great season so far. Don't know what kind of pitching they have but must be pretty good. I'd say y'all should be one of the favorites going in but you know how it is one off day and you're scratching your head wondering how'd that happen.

There's no telling, several things it coulda been, they coulda been pitching a 4 or 5 slot pitcher, might not have had all their kids for some reason, coulda been playing younger players for experience or they could've had a very off day and now they've jelled and are playing much better. Momentum is an incredible thing though. It can turn a team's mentality completely around. I don't know if Marion Co. has had a coaching change recently or anything else but they've always been a tough competitor in the mix of things.

I think the team that may end up in the State that no one knows a lot about is South Pittsburgh. I'm used to seeing their football program at the top but they've had a great season so far. Don't know what kind of pitching they have but must be pretty good. I'd say y'all should be one of the favorites going in but you know how it is one off day and you're scratching your head wondering how'd that happen.

I have been following Marion Baseball for a long time and this is one of the youngest teams they have fielded. They are not very deep on pitching and those tournaments really showed their weakness having to save pitching for Monday and Tuesday district games. With that said, this is by far not a Marion team of the past but 1st year Coach Long has them peaking and believing at the right time. Marion starts several freshmen and sophomores. And South Pittsburg is a team that has a chance to win it I believe. Solid line up from top to bottom with speed and power and 4 legit pitchers. The Toney Kid is a prospect. They are a team with lots of seniors and juniors. The only thing that may keep them from winning is experience at this level. Their coaching is suspect as well. Good luck to all teams.