Early District 4A Predictions

jgcrm0024

• 1 month later...

New coach at Campbell County High this year. Totally different style than last season. Two kids coulnt play there at AAA school so transfered to A school so they could play. They have one kid from Williamsburg Ky that tranfered in there too. Malicote is good but Lazy kid thats always hurt. I think there 1-3 right now. Dont know about the legalities of transfers, im sure it was checked out. If they all play they should win the district. Better win district cause they will be way down next yr.

Malicoat has supposedly been out with a sprained ankle. That could had been why Oakdale played so close. But here is how I see it playing out.

1.Wartburg-Coach Layne will have his team ready and Fountain should dominate all year if he plays the way he has in AAU and the Rocky Top league.

2.Oneida-A lot of talent and could be a flip flop with Wartburg. Wouldn't be surprised if season matchup is split.

3. Jellico-Malicoat can carry them but it is yet to be seen if he has any help.

4-6. OZ/Coalfield/Oakdale- Depending on numbers for Coalfield and Oakdale and if OZ can find quality replacements for what they lost.

Malicoat has supposedly been out with a sprained ankle. That could had been why Oakdale played so close. But here is how I see it playing out.

1.Wartburg-Coach Layne will have his team ready and Fountain should dominate all year if he plays the way he has in AAU and the Rocky Top league.

2.Oneida-A lot of talent and could be a flip flop with Wartburg. Wouldn't be surprised if season matchup is split.

3. Jellico-Malicoat can carry them but it is yet to be seen if he has any help.

4-6. OZ/Coalfield/Oakdale- Depending on numbers for Coalfield and Oakdale and if OZ can find quality replacements for what they lost.

Don't forget Sunbright. After watching them at Clarkrange and at Scott Co. I think they could knock off any of the top teams on a given night.

My observations on this watered down district with no tradition in boys basketball. Malicoat is the best player among a group of average 1A players in this district. Coach Layne does a good job with his fastbreak system, but they never beat a good team outside the district when it comes tournament time. Fountain dominant? He needs to add at least 50 pounds and tons of strength to be considered anything more than a JUCO role player. Oneida is probably the team to beat with a good group of players. Sunbright's Maxfield is who I consider the best coach in the district, but his hard core coaching style hurts his team's depth. They have enough players to contend for the title. As for Coalfield, Oliver Springs and Oakdale, well they are Coalfield, Oliver Springs, and Oakdale. Enough said. I am the Watch Dog and I am watching.

Although it has only been 2 games, Fountain has scored 30 and 28 points respectively against Sweetwater and Greenback. While not strong teams, that is still good numbers for a "role player." I'm not saying he is a world beater, but to downplay his talent is a mistake. He has been a big contributor for the Tennessee Travelers for the past few years, and that is one of the better AAU programs in the south. He also played in the Rocky Top league this past summer, and he held his own with players older and much "stronger" than himself. So don't be to quick to write off his ability or Wartburg this year.

My observations on this watered down district with no tradition in boys basketball. Malicoat is the best player among a group of average 1A players in this district. Coach Layne does a good job with his fastbreak system, but they never beat a good team outside the district when it comes tournament time. Fountain dominant? He needs to add at least 50 pounds and tons of strength to be considered anything more than a JUCO role player. Oneida is probably the team to beat with a good group of players. Sunbright's Maxfield is who I consider the best coach in the district, but his hard core coaching style hurts his team's depth. They have enough players to contend for the title. As for Coalfield, Oliver Springs and Oakdale, well they are Coalfield, Oliver Springs, and Oakdale. Enough said. I am the Watch Dog and I am watching.

What do you mean by no tradition?? In my opinion there is good 1A basketball in this district! From what I've seen this is one of the strongest districts in east tennessee 1A. district 3 is down as well as the leaders that usually come out of districts 1 and 2! District 4 sends atleast one team to the state tournament this year maybe 2!! Jellico has Malicoate who is a very good player so they will be able to compete and will be good when he makes shots! Wartburg and Oneida should both be good teams this year and a good matchup with eachother! Wartburg's style of play should help them if they can get the tempo up, but if the game is slow it will be close! I don't see what your saying about Sunbright.. Yes they upset Wartburg last year but they didn't win a game after that! They are still Sunbright and won't be there in the end. Coalfield may end up ahead of them this year.. just my opinion!!

Your out of your mind if you think Fountain wont be dominant,I have seen good players around this area, he is a rare breed,I have heard he has put on approx. 30 lbs or so.Which shows his work ethic, He is weighing 190-195 compared from 165-170 a year ago. The kid play son one of the best NIKE EYBL teams in the country Tn Travelers, and has an incredible upside ( he plays team ball) If he is only JUCO role player, how does he have ESPN ranking?, and top 20 state Rating? I hear through my contacts 2 mid -majors are close to offering him, one a NCAA Tourney team. So for you to pass judgement on him was obviously not based on the facts!!!!!

• Upvote 1

How did he do against Kingston? I am the Watch Dog and want to know how he did against that powerhouse team.

I think he had 14-16 points unsure. and 11 rebounds..I would not consider them a powerhouse, lol,. ( i understand your sarcasm) but as for you saying he would be only a JUCO player that was very absurd, Are you a college coach? scout? played in college?

I think he had 14-16 points unsure. and 11 rebounds..I would not consider them a powerhouse, lol,. ( i understand your sarcasm) but as for you saying he would be only a JUCO player that was very absurd, Are you a college coach? scout? played in college?

I haven't played college basketball, played college baseball and I can tell you Fountain would be a steal for a team like TTU or UTC, he would be a great addition to any small D1 school given his leaping ability and ability to make free-throws and mid-range J's. I just think people don't understand that he is still an extremely young player. I've been around many very good athletes in my lifetime and Fountain looks to fit the mold. Give him time to develop and grow, by the time he is a Sr. the kid will be a monster. Wartburg hits a tougher part of their schedule the next few nights and we can see what they've got.