ATTN: COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING COACHES

FWChattanooga

If you are in need of an assistant or head wrestling coach for the upcoming season (or offseason), contact me! I have been successful on and off the mat and have always lead by example. In Highschool, I was a 4x state wrestling champ and graduated number 1 wrestler in the nation at 130 lbs (2003). In college, I earned All-American honors as a freshman on and off the wrestling mat: 4th in the nation at the NCAA's and Deans honor roll (as well as a 4-time Big 12 honor roll) in the classroom. I earned a degree in Biology and minor in Microbiology at Oklahoma State University. With all due modesty, give me a science book and a wrestling mat, and allow me to show you what I can do to help others with my God-gifted ability to teach, and mentor.

HERE IS A LITTLE BIT ABOUT MYSELF:

I was a national champ as a young buck at AAU nationals, I all-american'd twice at Junior Nationals, I was a 6x South Eastern Regional Freestyle champ (1x greco champ; only time I wrestled greco), 4x Virginia state wrestling champion, NHSCA Senior National Champion, Beast of the East Champion, Ironman Champion, Reno Tournament of Champions Champion (hs and college), as well as an All-American in college as a freshman.

I was also taught the "Granby series" (an unstoppable bottom series that can put anyone on their back no matter what they do from top) from the inventor, Billy Martin Senior. I remember vividly being on his farm drilling granby's while he was pointing his cane where I should place my foot or hand, and if I didn't place it where it was supposed to be: It was an extra hour of drilling it. So needless to say, the Granby Series is in my muscle memory, and I can teach it like the inventor.

In High School, I was coached by Steve Martin (Billy Martin, Sr.'s son) at Great Bridge High School. As a team, we were the number 1 public school in the nation, and were always top 10 in the nation while I was a part of the team (2000-2003).

In College (Oklahoma State), I was coached by 6x consecutive Olympic and World Champion, John Smith, and I was a part of an Oklahoma State team that won 3 consecutive NCAA D1 national titles. My workout partners were also olympians, and national champions (Eric Guerrero, Jamill Kelly, Zach Esposito, Coleman Scott, and John Smith).

AS FAR AS MY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES GO: I've coached Oklahoma State's youth wrestling club, helped out UTC's wrestling program (showed granbys), coached multiple Tennessee state champions(Zach Watson and Stuart Doster naming a few), I was an assistant coach at Baylor School, and I have been running my own clinics all across the nation for the past 10 years.

I know what it takes to be on top, and without any doubt in my mind, I can definitely help any team in the nation, whether it be high school or college, accomplish their goals.

So, all-in-all, I've just been blessed with great coaching, and an awesome and devoted wrestling family, and I would like to use my experience to help other wrestlers do what they want to do in the sport and in the classroom. Contact me if you are interested!

Yours truly in wrestling,

-Daniel Frishkorn

daniel.frishkorn@gmail.com

Edited by FWChattanooga

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am willing to do whatever it takes to help build (and assist) a wrestling program, and eventually become a teacher in the school system as well.

DF

[/quote

Good, we can find out what teacher positions are available if they have not already filled them and plan to get you teaching at the school. I love the school, parents are great and give tons of support, and the community is great. I have a vision for what I want the program to become. I have the same love of the sport of wrestling, I want to build a tradition of wrestling at eagleville and if we can bring in more and more people with the same drive and passion for wrestling, the better off we are.

i will get with you when i find out which teaching positions are still available. would you be able to work with the program this next school year?

Eaglevillefan125,

At any school, I will be able to start coaching by the end of the summer. As far as teaching goes, I will need to take classes to get my teaching certificate (since I am doing a career switch from medical school route to teaching). Although, if it is possible for any school to grant me a provisional, so I can teach while I'm working on getting my certificate, that would be very enticing for me. But, provisional or no provisional, I am leaving my options open, and I am willing to give any or every school a shot, solely because I'm just that passionate about coaching and teaching.... so PLEASE, don't feel hesitant to contact me. With all due modesty, big school or small school, you could be the next "Granby School of Wrestling," considering there aren't too many other wrestlers out there that were trained on the farm by the inventor, and can teach it like I can. For example, placing your foot or hand just an INCH away from where it's supposed to be,, just might cost you the state title!

By the way, coaches and wrestlers(and with no intention of advertising), if you want to get an edge on your competition, attend the "Granby School of Wrestling" camps in Farmville, Va as well as other places; it is a proven camp and is where I was trained to learn the granby. I'm telling everyone, learn the granby series (it's more than just one hold), and you'll be feared on bottom; Although, like the inventor Billy Martin, Sr. said, "You must hit every move 1,000 times before you can hit in a match without thinking about it."

And please don't be fooled by the "Granby System of Wrestling Camp," because it's not ran by the Martin family, and if you're intention is to master the granby, you are at the wrong place. Although, if you like to play on the beach instead of wrestle, go to that camp.

Sincerely,

-Daniel Frishkorn

Edited by FWChattanooga

To the coaches that are e-mailing me,

I am doing my very best to respond and make phone calls as quick as I can. Thank you for your patience as I have been researching and writing down my pros and cons on each scenario.

TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE INSIGHT ON MY VISION:

I want a total and full program with everyone involved. For example, I want all of the parents involved, as well as the community, and I want to build balanced student-athletes. I am looking for a motivated booster club, a passionate wrestling community (or one that has potential), and wrestlers that love to win (and hate to lose).

-Daniel Frishkorn

Edited by FWChattanooga

I will get in contact with the people in the county school system about the provision. and get back with you.

I love you vision and i agree that everyone be involved. I want all the coaches to communicate with each other and the parents. I would like to see a daily coaches meeting before each practice and go over the technique and direction we will take that practice. I would love to have you in our program and if you care to take a weekend and visit the community i would be more than happy to introduce you to some of the parents and coaches-

-615-804-9689

that is my phone number, give me a call and we can discuss more about getting you to join our program.

• 2 weeks later...

To the coaches that are e-mailing me,

I am doing my very best to respond and make phone calls as quick as I can. Thank you for your patience as I have been researching and writing down my pros and cons on each scenario.

TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE INSIGHT ON MY VISION:

I want a total and full program with everyone involved. For example, I want all of the parents involved, as well as the community, and I want to build balanced student-athletes. I am looking for a motivated booster club, a passionate wrestling community (or one that has potential), and wrestlers that love to win (and hate to lose).

Let us j=know where you land. Good luck

-Daniel Frishkorn

Let us know wher you land, Good luck

Edited by wingman10