Best Point Guard in Nashville

allnets

Ok, I named the top guards in the state, now red you name the top Nashville point guards. But please read the entire messages and you will realize why I named those top 5. Now you name 5 point guards or better yet name 10 in Nashville.

Edited by Parkrose

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I named the top guards in the state, now red you name the top Nashville point guards. But please read the entire messages and you will realize why I named those top 5. Now you name 5 point guards or better yet name 10 in Nashville.

Topic is best point guard in Nashville; that is unquestionably Corn Elder from Ensworth.

Parkrose, you said Ensworth plays nobody. Don't they and USN play the same teams?

They don't - Ensworth is in D2-AA (MBA, BA, Father Ryan MUS, etc.) while USN is in D2-A (Franklin Road Academy, Ezell-Harding, Davidson Academy, etc).

Parkrose - who do you want Ensworth to play - what would satisfy you? Not sure who you follow, but I would put Ensworth's out-of-district schedule against just about anyone outside of Memphis. They would love to play some of the Memphis schools, but those teams don't seem to travel to the mid-state area other than to come to MTSU to win trophies. In addition to their D2-AA schedule last year, Ensworth played the following teams:

Nashville Christian. I will grant you that this is a lower level opponent, but most

of the Ensworth b-ball players play football as well - a

necessity when you have about 200 boys in the entire

school - and this game took place several weeks before

Ensworth ended its football season by winning the State

championship game on December 2.

Christ School from North Carolina. Game played in Kentucky. Christ School was a nationally ranked team.

CPA. Good team, good rivalry, located a couple of miles from each other

Australian National Team. How many Tennessee teams played an international team last year?

Hillsboro. A decent rivalry against another school located fairly close to Ensworth in Nashville. Hillsboro has an excellent girl's team and the Ensworth girls have built up something of a rivalry with them.

West Creek. A team that went to Murfreesboro in Div I - AAA (Ensworth beat them on the road by the way)

Holiday Shootout Tournament at Ensworth - Beat Pearl-Cohn, Brentwood and Livingston Academy. Kinda gotta show up at your

own tournament.

Gulf Coast Shootout at Naples, Florida. Played 4 teams from Florida - beat 3 of them.

Blackmon. Not much to say about this.

Westbury Christian. A team from Texas that beat Ensworth 68-61.

Overall record was 27-3, which included a State championship. If you pay the travel for some of your Memphis teams to agree to home and home with Ensworth, I am sure that Ensworth would be happy to oblige. Go hate on someone else - Ensworth has nothing to apologize for.

Edited by RedRobin

Nashville Christian-weak

Christ School- l give you this one.

CPA- battle of who recruited the best- not important

Australian National Team- heard they wasn't that good

Hillsboro- heard that hillsboro lost because all calls went to ensworth towards the end

West Creek - weak

Holiday Shootout Tournament at Ensworth -

Pearl-Cohn- weak

Brentwood -weak

Livingston Academy- weak

Don't know much who they played at the Gulf Coast Shootout

Blackmon- weak

Westbury Christian- ill give you this one

If I pay the travel for some of my Memphis teams. Ensworth cost 20k a year so am sure they got the money to go to Memphis. No wait that right all the better athletes are on financial aid or aka athletic scholarships. So am sure they don't mind Going to orange mound and playing melrose. May any good Memphis team. Plus if they scared ill contact penny hardaway and we can get the game moved to the FedEx forum. I am sure that Ensworth would be happy to oblige. Hey I know a good team I. California and las Vegas that would be glad to play them at there place us yates high school out of Texas. It's not hating its telling the truth which some of yall on here don't do. No need for apology, I never asked for one when am telling the truth.

Nashville Christian-weak

Christ School- l give you this one.

CPA- battle of who recruited the best- not important

Australian National Team- heard they wasn't that good

Hillsboro- heard that hillsboro lost because all calls went to ensworth towards the end

West Creek - weak

Holiday Shootout Tournament at Ensworth -

Pearl-Cohn- weak

Brentwood -weak

Livingston Academy- weak

Don't know much who they played at the Gulf Coast Shootout

Blackmon- weak

Westbury Christian- ill give you this one

If I pay the travel for some of my Memphis teams. Ensworth cost 20k a year so am sure they got the money to go to Memphis. No wait that right all the better athletes are on financial aid or aka athletic scholarships. So am sure they don't mind Going to orange mound and playing melrose. May any good Memphis team. Plus if they scared ill contact penny hardaway and we can get the game moved to the FedEx forum. I am sure that Ensworth would be happy to oblige. Hey I know a good team I. California and las Vegas that would be glad to play them at there place us yates high school out of Texas. It's not hating its telling the truth which some of yall on here don't do. No need for apology, I never asked for one when am telling the truth.

Your comparing apples to oranges. To be fair, any true basketball fan knows that Memphis can only be compared to the likes of NYC, Chicago, Atlanta etc. Memphis is the best basketball city in America. Comparing Nashville to Memphis is like comparing Albany NY to Brooklyn or Evanston IL to The South side of Chicago or Orange County to Crenshaw in LA. But you knew this. So what's the deal? You slick bashed Corn Elder even though you said "I'm not hatin". Who are your top five PG's in the Mid-State? That list would have to start with Corn. He played Sam head up at AAU state and they battled. Sam had 16 and Corn dropped 14. Sam himself and the Y will tell you he can ball. It would then have to include Bradshaw, Montague and Chowbey (all committed D1 players). My list would have Devin Robinson, Daijon Williams, JeQuan Lewis, Nilon Hodge and Darius Thompson also. Everybody mentioned "played somebody" this past summer. What's your list? Don't you know Kelli that went to East Lit? Chill out... give your list.

Edited by mrob

Didn't you read my previous messages Nashville pg None, and I do know of a Kelli that use to fo to east. Am confused what does that has to do with the topic.

Oh.. your saying that there is not a D1 point guard in Mid Tn? LOL, that's nonsense. So, the colleges coaches who have already signed three 2012's and signed at least two PG's (not including Deonte Alexander - JC to Lipscomb) from the 2011 class are fools. And Marquette, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Western Kentucky and Miami are stupid for recruiting Corn. Really? And now that I'm thinking of it.. tell me 5 PG's that signed to play D1 ball out of Memphis in the last two years. Take your time.

Edited by mrob

Oh.. your saying that there is not a D1 point guard in Mid Tn? LOL, that's nonsense. So, the colleges coaches who have already signed three 2012's and signed at least two PG's (not including Deonte Alexander - JC to Lipscomb) from the 2011 class are fools. And Marquette, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Western Kentucky and Miami are stupid for recruiting Corn. Really? And now that I'm thinking of it.. tell me 5 PG's that signed to play D1 ball out of Memphis in the last two years. Take your time.

No dog in the fight...Joe Jackson (Memphis), Chris Jones (UT), madracus Wade( Arkansas), Todd Mayo) Marquette), and Andre Hollins(Minnesota)....

No dog in the fight...Joe Jackson (Memphis), Chris Jones (UT), madracus Wade( Arkansas), Todd Mayo) Marquette), and Andre Hollins(Minnesota)....

LOL.. I wouldn't fight with you terop. I was meaning the 2011 and 2012 (commits). Andre, Chris (really a 2005.. I'm kidding), Mayo (really a 2010, but I'll go with that), Steve Kasper. My point is.. for Parkrose to call out the PG spot is kinda funny. Ask any AAU coach in Memphis and they'll tell you that that is the position lacking depth as of lately in Memphis.