Daniel Boone vs Elizabethon

Knoxville schools like Austin East? But I guess you guys will not have to worry about Knoxville schools you have never made it out of East Tennessee. By the way how did that Knoxville thing work out for you? #8 out of 7 Schools there I heard.

Are you an elizabethon alumni? Cause that Carter county education is really showing through....this is atleast the 2nd post uve made that your math didn't quite add up and now your slacking on your geography. Last time i checked knoxville was still in east tennessee. And let the record show that Boone played a Knoxville team deep in the playoffs last year. The big boy playoffs that is. I would rather get stomped into the ground year after year in 5A ball as to hang my hat on a 3A team.

Edited by trailblazersback

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on now trailblazer give them credit, they performed admirably in the 7 on 7 tournament, after all that is what matters cause everyone gives a hundred percent in those cause they know that is what counts when it comes to playoff seeds.

Thanks vision I have got to learn how to get my priorities straight. Maybe we can talk the tssaa into getting rid of the pads and fat guys and make 7 on 7 what football is all about.

if it wasn't for the tssaa you couldnt get out of east tn.a team that at one time played all the 5a schools.

don't get me wrong you didn't do that bad either.but now you play 3a schools thats why you look so good.Boone on the other hand plays DB-SH-TH-SOUTH-ME-MW to get out of east tn.you have only one game to worry about ALCOA it must be nice.

You are right we would love to be playing 5A it would be easier without the college recruiting team like Alcoa to go through. TSSAA lets them get away with anything. They just lured away the best player at Austin East. However TSSAA came up with this A class system and they used the number of students at a school to determine what Class you play in. How lame is that? Back in the 80’s and 90’s a team could play up and Elizabethton had about 1300 students Science Hill only had about 1500. Playing up that much is not allowed now. If your school has less than 800 students you have to play 3A. Here is the breakdown of students now.

http://high-schools.com/tennessee.html

Elizabethton 778

Daniel Boone 1298

Science Hill 2565

DB 1881

SOUTH 1080

NORTH 916

Happy Valley 616

Edited by CyclonePrider

Thanks vision I have got to learn how to get my priorities straight. Maybe we can talk the tssaa into getting rid of the pads and fat guys and make 7 on 7 what football is all about.

Don't get your panties in a wad over the 7 on 7, it was in responce to the comment that the Elizabethton QB could not hit receivers. Pads have nothing to do with that.

Don't get your panties in a wad over the 7 on 7, it was in responce to the comment that the Elizabethton QB could not hit receivers. Pads have nothing to do with that.

Actually pads have everything to do with it. They affect the throwing motion, release time, and accuracy. Not to mention the effect that pads have on a receiver. 7 on 7 is nothing more then a little practice and if you want to use it to predict your teams on field performance then go ahead but you will be shocked and disappointed when things don't play out like you expected them to.

You are right we would love to be playing 5A it would be easier without the college recruiting team like Alcoa to go through. TSSAA lets them get away with anything. They just lured away the best player at Austin East.

I'm not so sure you would. Yes Alcoa was probably the best team in the state last year. No one's disputing how great Alcoa is. However, the road to the state championship in 5A would be significantly harder than 3A. Instead of playing teams like Chuckey-Doak, Cumberland Gap, and North in the early rounds the Cyclones would have to face teams like Powell, Catholic, Knox West, South, or Boone. Yes, those teams don't compare to Alcoa, but do you think the Cyclones could beat those teams on a consistent basis like they've done with North and Austin-East? Let's not forget about having to face DB, SHS, South, Boone and THS in the regular season. All of which could've been losses last year.

However TSSAA came up with this A class system and they used the number of students at a school to determine what Class you play in. How lame is that? Back in the 80’s and 90’s a team could play up and Elizabethton had about 1300 students Science Hill only had about 1500. Playing up that much is not allowed now. If your school has less than 800 students you have to play 3A. Here is the breakdown of students now.

http://high-schools.com/tennessee.html

Elizabethton 778

Daniel Boone 1298

Science Hill 2565

DB 1881

SOUTH 1080

NORTH 916

Happy Valley 616

Signal Mountain doesn't have 800 students and they're playing in 4A to avoid Alcoa. Elizabethton could probably play up in 4 or 5A as well. The Cyclones are where they should be and are doing well there so I don't see any reason for them to want to play up. The only potential problem I see is that District 1 AAA already has 8 teams. The Cyclones could play 4A; it would be the same conference opponents just a different playoff bracket.

Actually pads have everything to do with it. They affect the throwing motion, release time, and accuracy. Not to mention the effect that pads have on a receiver. 7 on 7 is nothing more then a little practice and if you want to use it to predict your teams on field performance then go ahead but you will be shocked and disappointed when things don't play out like you expected them to.

Not that much. You will see Friday. You don't want to show your hand, here is our team. We'll put it out there and dare you to stop it. Granted it's Crockett and Volunteer and most of the plays shown were of the JV team and their QB #13.

I'm not so sure you would. Yes Alcoa was probably the best team in the state last year. No one's disputing how great Alcoa is. However, the road to the state championship in 5A would be significantly harder than 3A. Instead of playing teams like Chuckey-Doak, Cumberland Gap, and North in the early rounds the Cyclones would have to face teams like Powell, Catholic, Knox West, South, or Boone. Yes, those teams don't compare to Alcoa, but do you think the Cyclones could beat those teams on a consistent basis like they've done with North and Austin-East? Let's not forget about having to face DB, SHS, South, Boone and THS in the regular season. All of which could've been losses last year.

Signal Mountain doesn't have 800 students and they're playing in 4A to avoid Alcoa. Elizabethton could probably play up in 4 or 5A as well. The Cyclones are where they should be and are doing well there so I don't see any reason for them to want to play up. The only potential problem I see is that District 1 AAA already has 8 teams. The Cyclones could play 4A; it would be the same conference opponents just a different playoff bracket.

The problem is they built SM together.

Signal Mountain Middle High School has 829 students.