Middle TN's Top Jr PG's.....................

gomab2

The Class of 2004 in Middle Tn is a good one for PG's (actually all over the state for 2004). I thought I would list my top PG's in middle TN......

1-Henry Harris, Stratford

2-Bubba Taylor, Maplewood

3-Josh Helton, Mt Juliet

4-Chris Darden, LaVergne

5-Tywan Trice, Antioch

6-Desmond McGuire, Lawrence Co

7-AJ Price, McGavock

8-Reece Bishop, Warren Co

9-Michael Johnson, Hillwood

10-Brent McPherson, David Lipscomb

11-Nate Hancock, LaVergne

12-Chase Williams, Shelbyville

13-Brandon Burney, Montgomery Central

14-Graylin Tuck, Clarskville NE

15-Isaiah Philips, Blackman

16-Nick Watson, Oakland

17-Sean Bridges, Hillsboro

[Edited by gomab2 on 10-10-02 12:37P]

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hsbball55

Gomab, once again you show your knowledge of kids from everywhere. It's great to see one of the kids from Warren Co. getting the recognition he deserves. Also, good job knowing he has been moved to point.

p.s. You'll move him up by the end of the year.

[Edited by hsbball55 on 10-11-02 10:16A]

#'s 3-10

3-Josh Helton, Mt Juliet: Good shooter, can also play the 2G. Averaged 19.5 ppg as sophomore. Ran with Murfreesboro Heat as 15:u and Tn Thunder as 16:u in AAU...

4-Chris Darden, LaVergne: Quck PG will end up a four year starter in HS. Great defender. Nashville Stallions AAU...

5-Tywan Trice, Antioch: PG has come from behind the pack to up with anybody. Very quick. Good ballhandler. Decent outside shot. Finishes well inside. Charles Davis AAU...

6-Desmond McGuire, Lawrence Co: Underrated PG is best player at Lawrence Co this year. Fundamentally sound. Good outside shot. Great defender. Midstate Ballerz AAU...

7-AJ Price, McGavock: Mega-quick PG will be 4 year starter in HS. Needs to work on his outside shot very much. NAshville Stallions AAU...

8-Reece Bishop, Warren Co: Good shooting, smooth PG is moving up and up the list. Lefty. Murfreesboro Nets AAU...

9-Michael Johnson, Hillwood: Strong, lightning quick PG averaged around 17ppg as soph. Out of control and hot headed, though, which holds him back. Nashville Pacesetters AAU...

10-Brent McPherson, David Lipscomb: Smooth lefty PG with deep outside shot. Smart, heady PG. Midstate Ballerz AAU...

11-Nate Hancock, LaVergne: Undersized, and decent ball handler, but great outside shot leaves his future bright. NAshville Stallions AAU...

12-Chase Williams, Shelbyville: Possibly best defender on this list (w/ Taylor). Good outside shot. Hard worker. Midstate Ballerz AAU...

13-Brandon Burney, Montgomery Central: I see him as more of a 2G, but runs PG in HS. Good outside shot. Athletic. Clarksville Magic and Team Tn AAU...

14-Graylin Tuck, Clarskville NE: Strong PG has more of a scorers mentality. No AAU...

15-Isaiah Philips, Blackman: Long armed, heady PG is a good defender. Pretty athletic. Murfreesboro Nets AAU...

16-Nick Watson, Oakland: Will be a three year starter in HS. Good outside shot. Murfreesboro Nets AAU...

17-Sean Bridges, Hillsboro: Solid PG emerged last year with the 'boros. Used to play with Nashville Stallions AAU...

I think a point gaurd not getting much credit because he is in A ball and did not play on an AAU team is Hunter Shankle from Forrest HS in Chapel Hill, TN. He has grown over the summer to about 6-1, 6-2 and has hit the weights hard. One of the best ball handlers I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot. If he is not on the pre-season list, he will definetly be on the post-season list, mark that down.