how bad will hampton beat unaka

Guest cutnoslack

Guest cutnoslack

do you think jc will send unaka a message friday nite. how bad do you think hampton will win. it could really get ugly. i don't think coach campbell is very happy about this mess.

Sure Coach Campbell is not happy with this mess but he has too much class to run the score up on anybody. He hasn't done it in 30+ years and I don't see him starting now, no matter how mad he is. Now instead of driving "up the creek" to play the Rangers, Hampton will be driving to Knoxville to play Catholic.

I am a fans of both Unaka and Hampton and I hate to see it come to this. Will Hampton beast Unaka bad? No way. Those of us who know JC agree he is one of the finest coaches and gentlemen across the state. The solution to Unaka's problem would have been to quit playing Union County, Powell Valley, Jellico, and Unicoi and kept Hampton & Happy Valley on the schedule. Coach Campbell & Ogg know that it is tough right now but how do you get better usless you play better teams. Hampton is not the type of school that will beat the dogcrap out of you just to pad the stats and I dont think Happy Valley would either. But I don't want to get into this because it has caused much division among many Rangers fans and it is a dead issue. I just hope that they can continue to play each other in the other sports because there is nothing like driving across town to watch the kids you know play and getting home some 30 minutes later. I can just imagine how far we are going to have to travel to play some of our opponents. As I stated before, I just wished that both sides would have sit down and discussed this before action was taken. I am sure Coach Ensor did what he thought was best so it a decision that all of us have to live with. I think our basketball schedule consist of Knox. Bearden, Austin East, Greeneville, Johnson Co. 4 games in the Bahamas and a home date with Temple not to mention the always tough Hampton Cloudland and Happy Valley. Talk about brutal, but it will only make them better toward seasons end. I totally disagree with dropping Hampton but as a Ranger fan I will continue to back them regardless of who they play.

Posted by bubba68:

Rumor has it Unaka is backing out of playing Hampton next year so maybe Hampton will run it up on them cowards.

This is not a rumor it is fact that Unaka is opting for trying to build their program with more players and a better schedule. Apparently you don't have a child that plays on Unaka's or any other football team. If you did you would realize that to be a competitive team you need more that 20 players to play a good ballgame. Not to say that the players there now don't have the ability to play but to say that its obvious that they are so worn out by the bigger teams that have substitutes, that they are not real competitive. Unaka won their first ballgame Friday night but if you know anything about 1A football they were better matched size wise this is the goal of playing teams our own size.We are not the only teams that are going with this option, after all we had no problem finding 1A teams that are also tired of being beat to death by larger 2-3A teams. How many 1A teams did Hampton have to replace anyway?? To suggested that Unaka is cowards obviously shows you mentallity and to suggest that Hampton run the score up on them shows that you are a real jewel!!

i played for j.c. quite a few years ago,at least 100 years ago.when i was a sophomore we were ahead 35-0 in the first quarter,against johnson county.i got to play 3 quarters in that game.at half-time j.c. stood up in front of us and gave us a speech.i won't go into the particulars of that speech,but in essence he said "i won't be an s.o.b. and run up the score on this team".i've always thought j.c. was a classy guy since then.