Chattanooga Area Pre-season Top 10

ChattanoogaCannon

I am fairly confident that McMinn Central beat McMinn County in 2009 in a good game, and lost by several goals in 2010 to McMinn County. (I am sure about this unlike the Baylor Farragut score :) BUT, I am very impressed with the team McMinn Central is fielding this year, I think with the possible moves being made with a girl named Miller a sophmore up front that they will be a scoring threat again this year with an even stronger more mature defense and midfield. (I have always liked the underdog and for a small public school they will be tough..)

McMinn Central beat McMinn last year and Boyd buchanan and made an appearance in the state tourny didnt lose much either only big loss was ashley johnson (f/mf signed to bryan)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn Central cancelled a scrimmage with our girls because "several players got in trouble with not only the school (possible expulsions) but also the police (possible arrests)."

Does anyone know anything about this? Our coach was disappointed to lose the scrimmage and more disappointed to lose the scrimmage on the day we were supposed to play. But we have heard nothing more about it.

Hope everything is okay up in Athens. Any news would be appreciated.

I know many players on the McMinn Central soccer team and parents (central is in Etowah, TN) (McMinn County is in Athens, TN) I speak with the parents of the players daily and I have not heard anything of the sort. (I do believe one player may have gotten in some trouble over the summer but this one individual doesn't reflect the rest of the team nor is she vital to the success of the girls, but they are all fiiends and i am sure whe will be missed) The parents were only aware of one arranged scrimmage and that was supposed to be against Polk County but Polk county cancelled on them.. (New program being started up in Polk) So as far as the Central girls above and beyond the one individual I am confident it is not accurate and if it was, I would be more afraid of their parents than any punishment the school or police would issue, these girls parents are on top of things and strict.. LoL I am ready for the season to get kicked off these scrimmages are good for the coach but they are killin me.. GAME ON........:thumb: i believe McMinn County starts off with an easy game vs Baylor this week...:hungry:

McMinn Central cancelled a scrimmage with our girls because "several players got in trouble with not only the school (possible expulsions) but also the police (possible arrests)."

Does anyone know anything about this? Our coach was disappointed to lose the scrimmage and more disappointed to lose the scrimmage on the day we were supposed to play. But we have heard nothing more about it.

Hope everything is okay up in Athens. Any news would be appreciated.

I know many players on the McMinn Central soccer team and parents (central is in Etowah, TN) (McMinn County is in Athens, TN) I speak with the parents of the players daily and I have not heard anything of the sort. (I do believe one player may have gotten in some trouble over the summer but this one individual doesn't reflect the rest of the team nor is she vital to the success of the girls, but they are all fiiends and i am sure whe will be missed) The parents were only aware of one arranged scrimmage and that was supposed to be against Polk County but Polk county cancelled on them.. (New program being started up in Polk) So as far as the Central girls above and beyond the one individual I am confident it is not accurate and if it was, I would be more afraid of their parents than any punishment the school or police would issue, these girls parents are on top of things and strict.. LoL I am ready for the season to get kicked off these scrimmages are good for the coach but they are killin me.. GAME ON........:thumb: i believe McMinn County starts off with an easy game vs Baylor this week...:hungry:

Why in the world would their coach tell this to our coach then?? Very disappointing if details were misrepresented. McMinn Central was a scrimmage our coach set up and McKonkey called the day of and cancelled for the reasons I already mentioned.