How do you see District 8 finishing?

Columbia finished third in district last year and won state title. Lincoln County loss first five games and finished second after a 5 game winning streak including a win over Columbia. Tullahoma won district and didn't do much in playoffs. How will this season go??:popcorneater: Discuss your team in particular...I'd like to hear from a fan of each team in the District.

I wouldn't say getting to the third round and losing to the eventual state champions is not doing much in the playoffs...that said, whoever wins the Columbia-Tullahoma game early in the season will be in the driver's seat for district champion.

You are correct. My apologies. For some reason I was thinking they loss in the second round.

After 5 wins in week 0 and 4 of them on the impressive side(No disrespect to Lincoln Co. with a good win over Giles Co.), district 8 is a tough call this year. I agree that the winner of Columbia & Tullahoma will be in the driver's seat. But, D8 AAA is not a 2 seat sportscar this year. It is a car-pooling SUV, so the real question is who's got next & who's paying for the gas 'cause it's gonna be a wild ride? :popcorneater:

Edited by DebowsDad

After 5 wins in week 0 and 4 of them on the impressive side(No disrespect to Lincoln Co. with a good win over Giles Co.), district 8 is a tough call this year. I agree that the winner of Columbia & Tullahoma will be in the driver's seat. But, D8 AAA is not a 2 seat sportscar this year. It is a car-pooling SUV, so the real question is who's got next & who's paying for the gas 'cause it's gonna be a wild ride? :popcorneater:

I agree. Franklin Co, Lincoln Co and Shelbyville seem to have teams who can beat Columbia or Tullahoma on any Friday. I thought it was a great game plan and executed well for Tullahoma Friday nite. They played to their strength. The Rebels won in a tough environment and Lincoln Co beat a good Giles Co team. The Lions played Lawrence Co at the right time. I'm sure the Wildcats will get better as the season goes on. The Golden Eagles have some good skill players and are always dangerous. Their running back is very good. The fun is just beginning.

It's gonna be a Tully Columbia battle the team that wins that game will probably win the district. Also as a former Lawrence County player it's gonna be a long few seasons for them yea the might get better but it won't be much, they are just too small, too slow, and just not as talented than the teams they will be playing. Lawrence County just doesn't produce the talent year in a year out like Columbia, Tullahoma, Shelbyville does.

I agree. Franklin Co, Lincoln Co and Shelbyville seem to have teams who can beat Columbia or Tullahoma on any Friday. I thought it was a great game plan and executed well for Tullahoma Friday nite. They played to their strength. The Rebels won in a tough environment and Lincoln Co beat a good Giles Co team. The Lions played Lawrence Co at the right time. I'm sure the Wildcats will get better as the season goes on. The Golden Eagles have some good skill players and are always dangerous. Their running back is very good. The fun is just beginning.

I highly doubt Shelbyville has the speed that Columbia has. Columbia has arguably the best skills players in 5a. Anybody who wants to beat Columbia better plan on scoring a whooole lot of points because it looks like the Lions will be lighting it up this year. BUT you just have to be the better team on that night to beat anybody. They're a lot of solid teams in 8 this year and it will be a great showdown with Columbia and Tully on Thursday Night Lights on Sept 1st. That game should answer a lot of questions.

Ok everyone knows it's going to be tully or col to win it all. That being said Columbia line and running game have big shoes to fill this year. That said they looked great last Friday. That Chris Martin boy is something special.

Edited by lion99