Sullivan Central v. Happy Valley

dbhater2

When will the powers on high at Central realize that hiring a losing middle school coach as your head football coach is not the answer to turn around a losing program. A few years ago, Holston Middle School were 10-0 and state sectional champions. Upon coming to Central as freshmen, Fox took over the freshman job. I think they won 1 or 2 games, maybe. Then last year, politics landed Fox the head coaching job as the varsity team. As a result, 1-9. Central's problem is coaching, not the kids. Central has good athletes coming each year, then what? You know.

I wasted my gas, time and money traveling to Happy Valley last night. Taking nothing away from Happy Valley, they looked good. At the same time, Central looked terrible. The quarterback couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if he was on the beach. The offensive and defensive line couldn't block a middle school team. Even, when Central had a chance to kick a field goal (good kicker this year), Fox went with a typical "middle school" call and go for it. How did that work out, NOT TO GOOD!! Take the 3, go up 3-0 and grab some momentum. Well, Central will get "out foxed" in every game this year. 0-10, yes they will!!!!

Wake up Central and hire a staff and get the loser cougars back on track!! The kids deserve it.

Edited by dbhater2

When will the powers on high at Central realize that hiring a losing middle school coach as your head football coach is not the answer to turn around a losing program. A few years ago, Holston Middle School were 10-0 and state sectional champions. Upon coming to Central as freshmen, Fox took over the freshman job. I think they won 1 or 2 games, maybe. Then last year, politics landed Fox the head coaching job as the varsity team. As a result, 1-9. Central's problem is coaching, not the kids. Central has good athletes coming each year, then what? You know.

I wasted my gas, time and money traveling to Happy Valley last night. Taking nothing away from Happy Valley, they looked good. At the same time, Central looked terrible. The quarterback couldn't throw the ball in the ocean if he was on the beach. The offensive and defensive line couldn't block a middle school team. Even, when Central had a chance to kick a field goal (good kicker this year), Fox went with a typical "middle school" call and go for it. How did that work out, NOT TO GOOD!! Take the 3, go up 3-0 and grab some momentum. Well, Central will get "out foxed" in every game this year. 0-10, yes they will!!!!

Wake up Central and hire a staff and get the loser cougars back on track!! The kids deserve it.

Wow! Its funny how some people think they can coach from the stands. Last night would not have matter who the coach is, the kids have to execute better. You mention the line not blocking and the defense not tackling. How is that the coachs' fault? The kids have to stay there instead of leaving to other schools for central to turn things around. I was at the game too. The kids gave up after the third conversion was good in the 1st Q, but was called back because of a holding penality, after that they selve destructed. The defense was in position but just didn't tackle. I hope the coaches will go back to work and the kids keep their heads up. Happy Valley is a solid 3A Playoff team, hopefully Central can learn alot from last night and improve.

Edited by SullivanCountyFan

They have to improve, they can't get any worse. Maybe at the end of this 0-10 season, you might see it my way.

I believe they will have a chance against JJ Kelly, Volunteer, Crockett, and East. That Middle School team you was talkling about from Holston a couple of years ago. Their best players were Seth Barger (DB) and Jake Weaver (South). Its hard to win, when your best players leave. I hope they can turn it around.

Did East hiring a 2 time state champion coach do any better (0-10). Both middle schools in my opinion concentrate on Basketball more than football, plus the better football players transfer. You sound like you have a little Johnny from holston that's not getting to play. :mrgreen:

Did East hiring a 2 time state champion coach do any better (0-10). Both middle schools in my opinion concentrate on Basketball more than football, plus the better football players transfer. You sound like you have a little Johnny from holston that's not getting to play. :mrgreen:

I have no little Johnny. However, if I did, he sure wouldn't play for Jeff Fox. As for the two time state champion football coach at east, I really don't know what the deal was there, but I'd take my chances anyday over what Central has. Fox hasn't proven himself. Since at Central as Freshman coach and varsity, His record is 2 or 3 wins with 18 or so loses. I'd say he will probably resign after this season, either that or get ran off. Either of which is probably fine with all the Central Nation.

By the way Holston does not concentrate on basketball over football. Seems to me, Holston wins the Sullivan County Football title every year. Seeger and Harrison are turning out good football players, but Central coaches are just destroying them.

I have no little Johnny. However, if I did, he sure wouldn't play for Jeff Fox. As for the two time state champion football coach at east, I really don't know what the deal was there, but I'd take my chances anyday over what Central has. Fox hasn't proven himself. Since at Central as Freshman coach and varsity, His record is 2 or 3 wins with 18 or so loses. I'd say he will probably resign after this season, either that or get ran off. Either of which is probably fine with all the Central Nation.

By the way Holston does not concentrate on basketball over football. Seems to me, Holston wins the Sullivan County Football title every year. Seeger and Harrison are turning out good football players, but Central coaches are just destroying them.

Wow you keep amazing me! I thought this board was to talk about football, not bash coaches. Holston does have a good middle school program, but they don't win it every year. North won it year before last, went undefeated. Holston and Blountville are in the Middle classification of middle schools. The sizes of them two schools make Central play up in 5A. Where they play the likes of Science Hill,Tenn High, DB, and South. Where as those schools'middle school teams play in the city league, or Large Middle school conference. Holston or Blountville wouldn't do so hot against that compettion year in and year out. So, Holston and Blountville aren't playing against the same kids in middle school that they are in high school, for the majority. In reality Central shouldn't be up in that conference. They was the smallest school in the conference when everybody was reclassified a couple of years ago.

I can't believe anybody would stoop that low to say something (referring to you quote of destroying the players) like that about somebody you really don't even know. The coaches Im sure are doing the best that they can. You can't win the Kentucky Derby with a plow horse, that saying is the same in football too. The coaches wants the players to win and they want to win too! THEY AREN'T DESTROYING THEM!

I believe they will have a chance against JJ Kelly, Volunteer, Crockett, and East. That Middle School team you was talkling about from Holston a couple of years ago. Their best players were Seth Barger (DB) and Jake Weaver (South). Its hard to win, when your best players leave. I hope they can turn it around.

That is one of S-East's biggest problems. Some of the best football players coming up, land at Tenn. High. But, you can't blame' em. If I was a good football player and had aspirations of playing at the next level, I would go to Tenn. High too. Better coaching, more notoriety and have an opportunity to play at higher level. And oh yeah . . . more money = better facilities and equipment.