Preseason thoughts on Region 4a

beantheclown

Trousdale only has one senior coming back. They are sort of a young team. Gordonsville didnt lose anyone if I'm mistaken, so they will be better as will Watertown.

I see it going like this:

1. Gordonsville

2. Watertown

3. RBS

4. Trousdale

5. FCS

I think Gordonsville will still struggle, and Friendship lost some but still have Morrisett, Jones and Teeter

they will be tough to beat. RBS has a small team this year but I believe they will surpise a few people, Trousdale has had a few to quit and that will hurt them. I see it this way.

1. Friendship

2. RBS

3. Watertown

4. Gordonsville

5. Trousdale

What are some others thought on this? Will RBS be pretty good this year? What about Watertown?

I think Gordonsville will still struggle, and Friendship lost some but still have Morrisett, Jones and Teeter

they will be tough to beat. RBS has a small team this year but I believe they will surpise a few people, Trousdale has had a few to quit and that will hurt them. I see it this way.

1. Friendship

2. RBS

3. Watertown

4. Gordonsville

5. Trousdale

What are some others thought on this? Will RBS be pretty good this year? What about Watertown?

I was told that TC did have some players to quit, but the chances of them coming back are pretty good...

No way Gordonsville finishes anywhere close to 1st. They would had to have improved dramatically to finish in the top 3 even in a weak district. Last year was the worst i've seen in a long time, but showed improvements toward the end of the year.

I was told that TC did have some players to quit, but the chances of them coming back are pretty good...

No way Gordonsville finishes anywhere close to 1st. They would had to have improved dramatically to finish in the top 3 even in a weak district. Last year was the worst i've seen in a long time, but showed improvements toward the end of the year.

Do coaches really take quitters back?

Trousdale only has one senior coming back. They are sort of a young team. Gordonsville didnt lose anyone if I'm mistaken, so they will be better as will Watertown.

I see it going like this:

1. Gordonsville

2. Watertown

3. RBS

4. Trousdale

5. FCS

Preseason 8a Prediction

1. FCS --- Losing Allison, Burroughs, Neal and Patterson will be tough to replace. But with Morrisette (back healthy), Jones, Woodall and Teeter and I know this will come as a shocker but they have a transfer that is going to be a factor as well. Will finish 1 or 2 in District regular season.

2. RBS --- Larry White...all he does is keep winning games. Colter, Jenkins, Burgener, Painter are all gone but he brings several key players back off a State Tournament apperance. Hix came on strong at the end of the year, Burgner little sister knows how to play, Evans, Lynch and Hollis will keep RBS at the top during the regular season. FYI, District Tournament at RBS, thus my favorite to win District Tournament.

3. TC --- The loss of Belcher will be hard for Hartsville to replace. Holder and Kelley have quit but my sources tell me they will be back before the Nov. 15 Hall of Fame game. The Coach knows he cant win without Holder in the line-up. With Howell, Shoulders, Gregory and a Freshman guard (Holder and Kelley also) TC will have enough to keep the 3rd year coach feeling good about himself. Their Region victory over Clarkrange has helped turn this program around. I wonder if Coach Rogers is still feeling this one?

4. Gordonsville --- The Edgell sisters have transfered and rumor is Jennings has quit too. With Crawford, Bush, Vaden and Green they will just not have enough to get out of the Distict play-in game. In my 20 years of watching this Region worst talent I have ever seen Coach Agee with.

5. Watertown --- Lost Davenport who was a role player last year. Speck and Gartner did get better but I do not see them getting out of the play-in game with Gordonsville.

That's the way I see it

HB

7a prediction coming soon!

Preseason 8a Prediction

1. FCS --- Losing Allison, Burroughs, Neal and Patterson will be tough to replace. But with Morrisette (back healthy), Jones, Woodall and Teeter and I know this will come as a shocker but they have a transfer that is going to be a factor as well. Will finish 1 or 2 in District regular season.

2. RBS --- Larry White...all he does is keep winning games. Colter, Jenkins, Burgener, Painter are all gone but he brings several key players back off a State Tournament apperance. Hix came on strong at the end of the year, Burgner little sister knows how to play, Evans, Lynch and Hollis will keep RBS at the top during the regular season. FYI, District Tournament at RBS, thus my favorite to win District Tournament.

3. TC --- The loss of Belcher will be hard for Hartsville to replace. Holder and Kelley have quit but my sources tell me they will be back before the Nov. 15 Hall of Fame game. The Coach knows he cant win without Holder in the line-up. With Howell, Shoulders, Gregory and a Freshman guard (Holder and Kelley also) TC will have enough to keep the 3rd year coach feeling good about himself. Their Region victory over Clarkrange has helped turn this program around. I wonder if Coach Rogers is still feeling this one?

4. Gordonsville --- The Edgell sisters have transfered and rumor is Jennings has quit too. With Crawford, Bush, Vaden and Green they will just not have enough to get out of the Distict play-in game. In my 20 years of watching this Region worst talent I have ever seen Coach Agee with.

5. Watertown --- Lost Davenport who was a role player last year. Speck and Gartner did get better but I do not see them getting out of the play-in game with Gordonsville.

That's the way I see it

HB

7a prediction coming soon!

Ok so you're hearing the same about TC as I am. I have them first because i'm thinking they'll build on that big region win and the girls there will want to try and go farther. Also RBS returns Burgener from last years team as well, and are only losing Colter, Jenkins and Painter from last years state tournament team. But I guess what we can agree on is that TC, FCS, and RBS should finish in the top 3 in this district.

And Welcome to the T :thumb:

Edited by swanson71

Ok so you're hearing the same about TC as I am. I have them first because i'm thinking they'll build on that big region win and the girls there will want to try and go farther. Also RBS returns Burgener from last years team as well, and are only losing Colter, Jenkins and Painter from last years state tournament team. But I guess what we can agree on is that TC, FCS, and RBS should finish in the top 3 in this district.

And Welcome to the T :thumb:

Dont know where ya'll are getting your info but I am pretty positive they will not be back. They have stated they will not come back. So unless they have a drastic change of heart dont count on seeing them. And wouldn't count on TC being in the top 3 either.

Dont know where ya'll are getting your info but I am pretty positive they will not be back. They have stated they will not come back. So unless they have a drastic change of heart dont count on seeing them. And wouldn't count on TC being in the top 3 either.

Why are you so hard on Trousdale County?

FYI, District Tournament at RBS, thus my favorite to win District Tournament.

How is RBS able to hold a District Tournament? Do they have a new gym? Last one I was in sat about 500....TSSAA rule for single A is 1000?

About 500? I'v seen over a 1000 people in that gym many times before, and if the tournament is at RBS than come district tournament that should give RBS a huge advantage.