Preseason thoughts on Region 4a

beantheclown

I started the thread so I should give mine!

7a

1.Clay Co.

2.Jackson Co.

3.Clarkrange

4.Pickett Co.

5.Monterey

Jackson Co. get used to it...Clay Co. better than yall this year!

8a

1.Trousdale Co.

2.Red Boiling

3.Friendship

4.Gordonsville

5.Watertown

2 team race in 8a

What you think?

Clay County will be tough, but JC will be favorites to not only win this region but the state as well. in 8a if the district tournament is at RBS I believe RBS will win it. I sill don't think anyone in the district will be good enough to beat RBS at RBS. RBS is 7-1 and outscored their opponents 485-368 the last 2 years at home.

Clay County will be tough, but JC will be favorites to not only win this region but the state as well. in 8a if the district tournament is at RBS I believe RBS will win it. I sill don't think anyone in the district will be good enough to beat RBS at RBS. RBS is 7-1 and outscored their opponents 485-368 the last 2 years at home.

So who do you think will finish second to RBS?

I believe you're dreaming. Clarkrange has a better team than it had last year. JC wins 7a but CR is 2d.

I noticed in some earlier post, you like putting Jim Brown down, you must be one of those C'range fans still drinking the kool-aide? Lamar's run is over! No way Jackson Co. or Clay Co would lose to Trousdale. I know it will be hard falling all the way to 3rd...but get used to it!

I noticed in some earlier post, you like putting Jim Brown down, you must be one of those C'range fans still drinking the kool-aide? Lamar's run is over! No way Jackson Co. or Clay Co would lose to Trousdale. I know it will be hard falling all the way to 3rd...but get used to it!

Well, the "clown" part of your handle is correct. CR beat CC twice last year and have a better team this year than last but CC is tough and has a great coach. We will have to see when they toss the ball. Even you (maybe not) could win with Brown's talent so JC is virtually a lock for taking 7a. As for Lamar I'm sure idiots thought "the run was over" after he three peated in the 90s and again after he won his 8th state championship but his program is the winningest in Class A so instead of making derogatory comments you should show some respect.

Edited by Hardcourt

RBS is 7-1 and outscored their opponents 485-368 the last 2 years at home.

And all of the 485 points are gone!

RBS has always played tough at home...just using that as an example...

Clarkrange and Clay County will be fighting it out for second. I wouldn't call Lamar's run over, he's still a great coach and in my opinion the best coach in the state. It's hard to keep him down for long, he'll have his time right back in it this year...

Edited by swanson71

district 7

1 Celina

2 JC

3 Pickett

4 C'range

5 Monterey

top 4 are interchangeable depending on what happens in the first meetings for each, the top 2 probably wont even be settled until the last game of the year the way this district is i expect a lot of close games this year (hopefully) for PC but... well who knows hopefully keeping everyone from last year helps out.

district 8

1 RBS

2 FC

3 G'ville

4 Trousdale

5 Watertown

RBS and FC are the clear favorites from what i know, the bottom 3 will be fighting for position.

Pickett County would struggle to finish 3rd in 8a let along finish 3rd in 7a. They are going to have to be improved in a big way to finish in front of Clarkrange. Clarkrange, Clay County, and Jackson County pretty much the bulk of their teams. PC is well coached and should finish 4th, but it will be a distant 4th. PC will have a shot at moving to the region semis when they draw 8a's #1 team. RBS has represented 8a pretty well making a trip to sub state 2 years ago and the state tournament last year. This year I fear 8a will struggle to send 1 team past the first round of the region.

Well, the "clown" part of your handle is correct. CR beat CC twice last year and have a better team this year than last but CC is tough and has a great coach. We will have to see when they toss the ball. Even you (maybe not) could win with Brown's talent so JC is virtually a lock for taking 7a. As for Lamar I'm sure idiots thought "the run was over" after he three peated in the 90s and again after he won his 8th state championship but his program is the winningest in Class A so instead of making derogatory comments you should show some respect.

While you are wanting all that respect .....could you please show Jim Brown some as well?

Edited by beantheclown

Hardcourt here is one of your post about Jim Brown

Jim Brown is a good coach but he's not even the best coach in his district let alone the state. He is blessed with a huge pool of talent to draw from, much larger than most other Class A teams so they should be good.

Since he owns Clarkrange now..... how bout SOME RESPECT!