Scores

ChattanoogaCannon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So tempted to start a thread about parental coaching along the sidelines again, but maybe our favorite Livingston Academy dad/"coach"..has mellowed now that #1 daughter has graduated...

:mellow:

D

Every team has the issue, including our favorite one. Livingston just takes it to a new level. I don't think I have seen a high school parent follow his kid up and down the sideline like at Livingston. I see it all the time at U10 games.

Coaches agreement and supposedly as long as all the coaches agree within the district they can do this.

Bottom line is for 10-15 years or so Houston, Collierville and Germantown have been the dominant three and they would have to play on Thursday for Dist final...turn around and play some really bad teams from inner city memphis on Tues and then turnaround and play each other again in regional final for seeding of sectional game. The local rival games are can be heated, playing the same team for a 3rd time isn't desired and the risk of injury moving towards state. The coaches agreed that the #1 seed during the regular season would be the dist tourney champ as long as they won their semifinal match and made it to the finals of district. They would have done the same thing last year and not play the district final but collierville had a players suspended and needed the game to get their players eligible for sectionals so Houston agreed to play the dist final last year to help them out.

as proven..houston won 8-0 vs whitehaven and i guarantee you starters didn't play or play but the first 10 mins....Collierville won 2-0 vs white station which sounds close but they played bunker defense looking to get to PK's if possible. If white station had tried to play with them and get up the field the CHS counter attack would have easily scored 2-3 goals and the margin much greater.

The only risky game left to state is the Collierville vs Arlington game that will happen at AHS this saturday..last year it went to kicks and i think it went like 15 kicks before decided...

Why no district final?