Scores

ChattanoogaCannon

184 and she won the State title with DCA.

Obviously they miss her, according to CoachT scoreboard, Donelson Christian Academy is listed as 0-7 this season and has been outscored 41-2 ?

And when did DCA actually win state (with her) ?

Or am I confused as to your reference ?

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a little crazy but...She's a 5-year starter. Most talented player on a team that doesn't field a lot of soccer talent. Small roster which means she usually gets to play the whole 80 regardless of score or opponent. Doesn't really play against the cream-of-the-crop on a yearly basis. It all adds up. I know we usually mark her 1-on-1.

Probably doesn't hurt that she's the coach's daughter too. ;)

Anybody know what Dunlap's (DCA) state record is?

You can say whatever u want to discredit this young lady's accomplishments but it isn't gonna work. IT ALL ADDS UP to 195 goals now.

District 11-AAA Scores - 9/24/2011

(13-0-0) Franklin..... 3-0 win... vs Father Ryan

(8-2-3) Centennial.... 0-1 loss.. vs Brentwood

(8-4-1) Independence.. did not play

(4-4-0) Ravenwood..... did not play

(3-3-0) Brentwood..... 1-0 win... vs Centennial

(0-5-0) Hillsboro..... did not play

Edited by 95GSoccer

Obviously they miss her, according to CoachT scoreboard, Donelson Christian Academy is listed as 0-7 this season and has been outscored 41-2 ?

And when did DCA actually win state (with her) ?

Or am I confused as to your reference ?

D

If memory serves correctly they won it in 2004. I know because they played us in the region semis. 2003 and 2004 we played the eventual state champion in that game. FRA and DCA respectively. I could be wrong though...all these seasons start to run together.

You can say whatever u want to discredit this young lady's accomplishments but it isn't gonna work. IT ALL ADDS UP to 195 goals now.

Not trying to discredit her at all. East Robertson is not going to get a lot of attention statewide, so I just wanted to give some logical evidence in case anyone was doubting the stat. The offense runs through her. I've watched her for her entire career and shes earned every one of them. Believe me, I'm not going to take anything away from anyone or any team accomplishing something out of our district. Heck, we even stopped the game on our home field a couple years ago to recognize her 100th goal. Best of luck to ER and Brenna. Maybe she can put a few in and take out White House in the tournament so we don't have to play them.

To put this young lady's accomplishment into perspective, here are the current TSSAA records for "Most Goals Scored in a Career":

184 Courtney Dunlap Donelson Christian Academy 2000-2003

168 Becca Smith Riverdale 2005-2008

163 Kat Nigro Livingston Academy 2007-2010

162 Crystal Mackezyk Spring Hill 2007-2010

158 Catherine Pearson Christian Academy of Knoxville 2000-2004

141 Katie Maguigan Page 2007-2010

136 Aline Bernard Hume Fogg 1996-1999

136 Beth Metcalf University School of Jackson 1999-2002

135 Katie Hayes University School of Jackson 2003-2007

134 Brooke Binswanger Hutchison 1999-2002

134 Jessie Metcalf University School of Jackson 2001-2004

Nice to see District 10 A-AA making an impact in the TSSAA record books.

Edited by brownde

Sounds a little crazy but...She's a 5-year starter. Most talented player on a team that doesn't field a lot of soccer talent. Small roster which means she usually gets to play the whole 80 regardless of score or opponent. Doesn't really play against the cream-of-the-crop on a yearly basis. It all adds up. I know we usually mark her 1-on-1.

Probably doesn't hurt that she's the coach's daughter too. ;)

Anybody know what Dunlap's (DCA) state record is?

This raises a good point..How valid is a "Career Goal Total" if you are a 5 year starter (assume 8th grader playing up)...Did the count actually start her true Freshman Year ?

And realistically, does this stat really mean anything seriously ? The disparity in team schedule strength and coaching philosophies regarding score maintenance seems to make this stat nothing more than number...Kudos to the players for likely being skilled players, but I would say bragging about almost 200 goals is more a reflection on the poor competition, versus player skill...

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Player skill is unquestionably important in high scoring career goals stats.

It takes an athletic, skilled player to navigate even weak defenses and score dozens if not hundreds of goals.

However, the limiting factor beyond player skill is team strength of schedule. Not that a skilled player cannot get goals when placed with a team that has a strong strength of schedule; but rather, that the player becomes limited in number of goals scoring opportunities, when the strength of schedule for the team is high.

That's why you don't see alot of the perennial teams who play the toughest schedules year in and year out, (Franklin, Baylor, Houston, ND, Farragut, Brentwood, BGA, St. Agnes, Father Ryan, etc...) pushing out players with 100, 150, and more goals scored. It's not that teams who play tough schedules lack the skilled players, rather that their skilled players are limited in goals because of the strong defenses they face (as opposed to the more rural districts and regions that predominately appear on the 'most goals scored' lists).

She's a 5-year starter....a team that doesn't field a lot of soccer talent....Small roster which means she usually gets to play the whole 80 regardless of score or opponent..... Doesn't really play against the cream-of-the-crop .....Probably doesn't hurt that she's the coach's daughter too. ;)

[/quote

Sounds like The Perfect Storm. Likely make a TV movie about it starring George Clooney

Interesting that all of the girls in the top 4 played D1: (MTSU, UTC, UNC and UTC in that order). In addition, Kat Nigro was on the U17 National team. I would say that Brenna is among fine company.

184 Courtney Dunlap Donelson Christian Academy 2000-2003

168 Becca Smith Riverdale 2005-2008

163 Kat Nigro Livingston Academy 2007-2010

162 Crystal Mackezyk Spring Hill 2007-2010

Edited by just_do_it