Cannon Co. 0-2 @ Dekalb Co. 2-0

BigBody

You need to understand what rivalry means = cheering your team on!!!! so let's not go there already (just because someone wears a t-shirt doesn't really mean that hate you personally)!!! the folks with the flags,jugs and airhorn(s)support Cannon County athletics !!!!!! I witness them each week going into the opponents stands and spreading goodwill in stead of what you think is an attempt to create issues between the teams. At the Watertown game they actually brought purple jugs and passed them ou"t on the watertown side of the field. I would say, that is spreading goodwill and fellowship....not showing no class" and spewing hate as you say!!! So i challenge you to not get upset because someone goes on one side of the field or the other....why don't you start a tradition of good sportsmanship and go find those flag carrying folks from Cannon County and shake their hands and say good luck tonight....in stead of hiding behind your screen name and talking the good folks from Cannon County down on this page...this Rivalry will continue long after you are gone!!!! it happens when towns are this close together and most of them are some form of relations (kinfolk as you would say).....so relax and enjoy the game....

If this was DeKalb vs Smith, Upperman or LA i would agree with you but this is DeKalb vs. Cannon the chances of seeing good sportsmanship are just low, however, over the past couple of years the rival hasnt been as intense so sportsmanship could be on the way between these two teams when they meet

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never have cared for them. Not real sure exactly why. Seemed like the whole time I was in school they only cared about baseball, and girls bb. They are a common,average, everyday "tiger". I think its a respect thing.was Gotta earn it, or give some to get some.

So Termite if DeKalb was to beat Smith this year you would give them some respect?... however i would like to go ahead and say i dont think this is the year dekalb beats smith but i sure hope it is!

I was on the last two CC teams to beat dekalb, and its really sad to say I dont think CC can match up this year Weak O and no D means a long year.but as for the good relations I dont really recall it being too nice my four years there, I can remember those coach Mayfield "I hate Dekalb" speaches every year. but the enviorment when these two teams meet is like no other game CC plays all year. Good luck lions never back down and give them 48 mins of H*!!. GO LIONS!

I know the flag bearers personally and you will not find a better group of guys. They in no way mean any harm and just really enjoy supporting Cannon County and other schools as well. They support Smith County when when they have the chance. Last year during the Cannon Smith game they brought the flags over and sit right in the middle of the SC section and cheered for CC, nobody got mad or upset but laughed and had fun with it. When the playoffs came around they came to Smith County with their flags but when they unrolled them they had Smith County flags on the inside and cheered for and supported SC just like it was their school. So like Patty Peepers said, I would encourage you to go introduce yourself to them and wish them luck. You wont be sorry that you did they are a great group of guys and High School Supporters!

I think what the original poster was trying to get across is that you don't see any other schools in our district that would let their students walk around an opponents own field with "I hate ----" t-shirts or any of the parents from those schools either. Also , there aren't any of the other schools that would tolerate their students have an approximatly 15' X 15' sign that says "Dekalb County is 100% inbred" on it in their own stadium like CC did 4 years ago and not make them remove it until someone from Dekalb complained about it. You have never seen anything like this from our fan base or players. I realize no one is perfect , but please call it what it is, "tasteless". I'm not a native of Dekalb but where I come from in Putnam, we would never let our children or fans behave that way. I'm sure there are plenty of great kids and fans in CC , but it only takes a few bad apples to put a bad taste in your mouth.

Edited by kdog291

I think what the original poster was trying to get across is that you don't see any other schools in our district that would let their students walk around an opponents own field with "I hate ----" t-shirts or any of the parents from those schools either. Also , there aren't any of the other schools that would tolerate their students have an approximatly 15' X 15' sign that says "Dekalb County is 100% inbred" on it in their own stadium like CC did 4 years ago and not make them remove it until someone from Dekalb complained about it. You have never seen anything like this from our fan base or players. I realize no one is perfect , but please call it what it is, "tasteless". I'm not a native of Dekalb but where I come from in Putnam, we would never let our children or fans behave that way. I'm sure there are plenty of great kids and fans in CC , but it only takes a few bad apples to put a bad taste in your mouth.

Truth hurts LOL! :roflol:

Guest Termite

So Termite if DeKalb was to beat Smith this year you would give them some respect?... however i would like to go ahead and say i dont think this is the year dekalb beats smith but i sure hope it os

There's more to earning respect than winning 1 game.

There's more to earning respect than winning 1 game.

well, enlighten us then on how we are to get your much coveted "respect". we have great kids that play their heart out and don't trash talk or get into cheap shots. we have fans that clap for opposing teams hurt players when they are going off the field. we've been to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years and advanced to the second round both times. we also have great coaches that teach our players to not only respect the game but to respect the opposing teams players and coaches as well and also to do well in school. if that's not enough, then I don't think we deserve this one persons respect.

Ole Johnny.......That may be one of the dumbest things, I have ever seen you put on coach t....And there has been plenty of retarded things come out of your mouth...If you truly felt this way, maybe you could have mentioned something to coach bernie about the way his kids played after the game while you were hugging him..Not be, a spineless, fair weathered cannon county usual....You and I both know, nobody will ever care about the kids more than Bernie...and if you truly think, that he would say, hey lets hurt these kids that i love..."play dirty" , you are truly a moron. Johnny, you don't know football,you don't have any kids left playing ball, you're a middle age man trying to live a dream....and your offensive guru of a head coach, got shut down....put six on the board with the omg "tony franklin system"....Sure is tough to win ball games, when your 2,000 a year in dues system fails you....End of season, Joel chucks up the deuces, and Knox and the hiring committee will try to lure someone in to taking the worst job in the state....Good Luck the rest of the year :)

Guest Termite

well, enlighten us then on how we are to get your much coveted "respect". we have great kids that play their heart out and don't trash talk or get into cheap shots. we have fans that clap for opposing teams hurt players when they are going off the field. we've been to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years and advanced to the second round both times. we also have great coaches that teach our players to not only respect the game but to respect the opposing teams players and coaches as well and also to do well in school. if that's not enough, then I don't think we deserve this one persons respect.

Well, we could start right here. If you " covet" MY respect

your " coveting" is skewed. I'll let you tell me. In the world of high school sports, (that is what we are talking about) when people mention DC, what comes to mind 1st? Why?

Bernie seems to have changed his coaching style since moving over to Dekalb "Play dirty" seem we had more yards off their personal fouls (spearing, leading with helment, roughing passer) than we had trying to move the ball, hopefully no serious injuriers , preety cheap way of getting back at head coach that fired him!

and CC played a clean game??your forgetting (or just omitting information to make Dekalb look bad) about the 3 leading with the helmet penalties against CC. by the way , we did have a personal foul for leading with the helmet ONCE, not a spearing and leading with the helmet. and as for the roughing the passer, we had a kid make a mistake. he wasn't on a contracted "hit" from Bernie to go after the quarterback like you would have people believe. if he got there about 1 1/2 seconds earlier it would have been a sack but I guess you wouldn't want people to hear that so you could look better with your comment. there were mistakes made on both sides , but I think the personal fouls were more on CC's side than ours if you want everyone to know the truth. typical sore loser.