Riverdale - Smyrna

warrior82dad

Its that 'talent pool' that has run dry I keep hearing about evidently.

I guess you can see potential from freshman results. But dont start reading the tea leaves. In my opinion freshman results dont neccessarly translate to varsity results. Three years is a long time. Many things can happen. For instance the 2009 Blackman team dominated their middle school and Freshman years. Although they had some success, that team really didnt do much their varsity years. Also thses two teams, Smyrna and Riverdale, played in the Feshman Championship game. The Bulldogs routed the Warriors. Now look at how things have shaped up. All it takes is a couple of really good players to make a dominate freshamn team. Much different at the varsity level. For me it is hard to see the future based on Freshman results. The one thing that you can say about riverdale is that you have a powerhouse PROGRAM again.

I agree with you...however my excitement isnt as a fan like it always has been it is as a parent and that changes however i can still see talent and i can see the potential so my excitment does mean if they work hard and improve like they should over the course of their high school years

I also believe that you can have 1 bad freshman class and still be ok on varsity but if you start having 2 or 3 bad classes then you will see it at the varsity level so it is good to have a good freshman class and hopefully we can keep the boys in school and on the field over the course of their high school days

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic