Top TN teams at Zionsville Invitational

eastsoccer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor, St Agnes & Houston in Ohio tournament playing ESPN nationally ranked teams this weekend. Good luck to all these TN teams!

http://zionsvilleinvitational.teamopolis.com/

Sent from my iPhone

Chattanooga Times-Free Press mentions that Baylor,St Agnes, and COLLIERVILLE are going...

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/aug/30/baylor-embraces-tests/?sportspreps

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Always puzzles me on how in the world they can even think of accurately nationally ranking high school soccer teams... <_<

D

I mentioned the same thing last night and it was pointed out also that different states play in different seasons. Cali in the winter and others in the spring. The rankings are per season also, so take it for what it is worth.

Still, Baylor is good.

Funny how you find yourself in the right place at the right time. Visiting the in-laws for the holiday weekend (I know jealous, right?) Good part? 15 minutes from Zionsville! So, GK daughter and I are planning to catch the Baylor/Strongsville game followed immediately by the St. Agnes/St. Ursula game. Not a bad day trip for a soccer junkie

Funny how you find yourself in the right place at the right time. Visiting the in-laws for the holiday weekend (I know jealous, right?) Good part? 15 minutes from Zionsville! So, GK daughter and I are planning to catch the Baylor/Strongsville game followed immediately by the St. Agnes/St. Ursula game. Not a bad day trip for a soccer junkie

"Hey Honey- We haven't seen your folks in quite a while...I miss them....oh, and by the way..." :rolleyes:

Nice!

D

Always puzzles me on how in the world they can even think of accurately nationally ranking high school soccer teams... <_<

D

It's the same as crowning a baseball team as WORLD SERIES champions or the NFL nows says that the super bowl winners are WORLD CHAMPS.

It doesn't bother me as much as some. You get ranked nationally among the teams in the nation that play during your season.

I'm just glad that some TN teams are making some national "noise".

Agree with you BigG. Good luck to our TN teams!

******Pasted from ESPNHS website*******

This is the preseason POWERADE FAB 50 ESPNHS Team rankings for the fall season. The first regular-season rankings will be released Tuesday, Aug. 30. The fall-playing states are: California (one section), Connecticut, D.C, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia (private), Washington and West Virginia.

When it comes to determining a preseason FAB 50 No. 1, these factors are key: top-end talent, a proven record of success and a quality schedule.

No team better matches that description than Strongsville (Strongsville, Ohio).

Edited by eastsoccer