Bradley Central @ East Hamilton

alt1958

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was fun. A few observations tho , from an outsider to his first game there.

The tickets purchased going in was handled well and paying for parking after buying tickets was novel but worked well; one point about parking. Most who do a lot of these games tend to want to pull through spaces or back in to as to facilitate pulling out of spaces better. I always found it very hard to back out of spaces after a game anywhere.

Traffic worked out pretty good after all, but still slow go. Trafic flow out was confusing tho. When coming out of spectator's parking after the game more attention needs to made to which way to go. I went back out the way I came in and went the wrong way because by the time I figured out what was what, I was in on the other side of the grass dividers for inbound - out bound. Still got out with minimum fuss, but that will be a problem in the future I think. Next time I will know, but for first time visitors the signage or direction needs improvement.

Concessions and restrooms were OK till things get finished up. Heck the tent set up may work for some things even after permanent buildings, if you wish to let some vendors do something.

Seating.... I know this is not the final arrangement, but add heighth to the visitor side. Sight lines were tough, and some more height would really help. And at least double, (triple if possible) the capacity. If your school population remains the same you will be in AAA ball in a few years, and the big schools have good following, most years.

I noticed a lot of people on the home side taking lawnchairs up on the ridge. I think you have the makings of something cool there if it's handled right. If I was a regular attendee I would do that every week.

Nice win by the Bears, but it was not easy early. I thought at first it could be track meet the way the first two drives went.

EH fumble on the second drive really opened the door for Bradley to exploit their offensive production and get EH behind the 8 ball so to speak. I thought as long as EH kept even it would a tough game.

I thought the offense was nicely diversified and showcased just why it is so hard to defend the Bears this year. Houston, Goldston, Copeland, and Stovall, shined again, but were not the the only ones to be cncerned about, even tho they get the majority of the publicity.

Defensively I still am not happy with the Bears play. Too soft early, and missed a few too many tackles. Played better as time passed, but must get with the program sooner. Some really nice stops later on.

EH has a nice program going and looks to be on the way to a solid program. I like the QB play and that RB (#18 - Logan I think) was really good at making people miss and getting extra yards. Pretty good blocking and solid play.

Bradley won on the strength of being able to do so much well.

Nice win by the Bears, but it was not easy early. I thought at first it could be track meet the way the first two drives went.

EH fumble on the second drive really opened the door for Bradley to exploit their offensive production and get EH behind the 8 ball so to speak. I thought as long as EH kept even it would a tough game.

I thought the offense was nicely diversified and showcased just why it is so hard to defend the Bears this year. Houston, Goldston, Copeland, and Stovall, shined again, but were not the the only ones to be cncerned about, even tho they get the majority of the publicity.

Defensively I still am not happy with the Bears play. Too soft early, and missed a few too many tackles. Played better as time passed, but must get with the program sooner. Some really nice stops later on.

EH has a nice program going and looks to be on the way to a solid program. I like the QB play and that RB (#18 - Logan I think) was really good at making people miss and getting extra yards. Pretty good blocking and solid play.

Bradley won on the strength of being able to do so much well.

Good analysis ALT. For the first two drives, each team did whatever they wanted to do. EH shot themselves in the foot too many times against a very solid Bradley team. I was impressed with Bradley's speed. They have more speed at the skill positions than anyone in the area.

Bradley brought a big crowd and the home side was full as usual. It was a great night for a football game. I wish it would have been a little more competitive though!

EH has a long way to go but they are making strides in the right direction. Region play starts next week! :popcorneater:

Good analysis ALT. For the first two drives, each team did whatever they wanted to do. EH shot themselves in the foot too many times against a very solid Bradley team. I was impressed with Bradley's speed. They have more speed at the skill positions than anyone in the area.

Bradley brought a big crowd and the home side was full as usual. It was a great night for a football game. I wish it would have been a little more competitive though!

EH has a long way to go but they are making strides in the right direction. Region play starts next week! :popcorneater:

I have been watching Gatewood teams play now ever since he came to Ooltewah over a decade ago. Friday night was the first time I have ever seen him come out with a balanced attack. Would love to see this kind of play calling more. I don't think anyone at the game can say that the best team didn't win. Bradley was clearly the best team and made the least amount of mistakes. I can remember not to long ago when Bradley was everybody's homecoming game, I think that would be a BIG mistake now. Good luck Bears, thanks for your patience with our under construction situation and we look forward to playing you all next season.

Actually Bradley's crowd could have been bigger, but concerns about seating kept many away, from those I talked to over the weekend and this morning.

I don't think anyone at the game can say that the best team didn't win. Bradley was clearly the best team and made the least amount of mistakes. I can remember not to long ago when Bradley was everybody's homecoming game, I think that would be a BIG mistake now. Good luck Bears, thanks for your patience with our under construction situation and we look forward to playing you all next season.

I have been to more homecoming games than I care to say over the past few years as Bradley follower. :mellow: But right now most would find it a tough go for a homecoming game.

It takes a bit of time to get all of the things needed built in today's economic environment. Bradley built theirs in a time where economics was much better and we got things done right, with the money not being the issue it is today. Much easier to raise money in good times, for facilities.