RHEA COUNTY @ SODDY DAISY

SoddyDaisyCajun

Wow, you really thinks that's the same defense Braswell put in last year. Afraid not ! If you don't believe me, ask some of the players from last year and this year. "The longer the season went last year, the more we moved away from Braswell's defense". Thats a quote from one of last years starting DB's. I guess you also think Roberts is running Slaughters spread. NOT!

To run Slaughters spread you have to have a VERY GOOD QB ( which Slaughter had at SD ).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

foozballman,

looked even worse in 7 on 7's??? thats funny because the way I remember it soddy made it to the finals in the signal tournament. Also they beat signal in both the preleminary and tournament rounds, and they have arguably the best qb and wr in the area. Also looking from what I read soddy had a freshman playing in the signal 7 on 7.

Mr. Brown please tell the coaches what they need to do so soddy can finish the season 12-3 with your guidance on both offense and defense.

g21, what exactly is so special about slaughter's spread?? he runs normal spread passing game stuff, that seemed revolutionary to people around here because they were used to the wing t, when in fact all it is, is a basic spread offense. No special combinations or anything with any WOW factor, and at this point in the game with as many football coaches out there nothing is being reinvented just small things are being tweaked.

Fedman, if you could keep Nance's head out of braswell's but long enough he probably would say something like that considering he is cortney's little baby. Fedman, I will 100% completly believe you that the defensive scheme is different if you give me hard proof of what is different.

Slaughter's spread the past 2 1/2 years vs. Soddy's defense and everyone else for that part???? not sure anybody would want to run slaughter's mind blowing spread either.

fedman, Keep playing in your flag and 2 hand touch football tournament and let the playing and coaching that goes on up in soddy stay in Soddy and the people that are supportive of the program no matter what.

foozballman,

looked even worse in 7 on 7's??? thats funny because the way I remember it soddy made it to the finals in the signal tournament. Also they beat signal in both the preleminary and tournament rounds, and they have arguably the best qb and wr in the area. Also looking from what I read soddy had a freshman playing in the signal 7 on 7.

Mr. Brown please tell the coaches what they need to do so soddy can finish the season 12-3 with your guidance on both offense and defense.

g21, what exactly is so special about slaughter's spread?? he runs normal spread passing game stuff, that seemed revolutionary to people around here because they were used to the wing t, when in fact all it is, is a basic spread offense. No special combinations or anything with any WOW factor, and at this point in the game with as many football coaches out there nothing is being reinvented just small things are being tweaked.

First off, we were not in the finals at Signal MTN. That would have been North Jackson and Bradley. Obviously you werent at East Hamilton or Tech either. Don't talk about things you don't know.

Going back to the early 90's everyone in the area has been frustrated with with the mediocrity of the program. Once it steps forward we don't want to see it slip back. Again we are the largest school in Hamilton County there aren't any excuses that the kids that we have in the high school aren't talented enough to put up winning records or for that matter get beat by teams they shouldn't.

I don't care who coaches the team as long as they are putting forth the best product on the field they can. I am all for this coaching staff we have know,making the adjustments needed for the course of this year to change, no one can knock the character of Coach Orr. But there has to be an excitement there about the program that was there when Slaughter was there or even Braswell was there for the brief time he was.( He sure has lit a fire under East Ridge).

Again looking forward to tomorrow night.

foozballman,

I don't remember saying anything about Slaughters spread being anything special all I said was it takes a good QB to run it and he had one when he was there.

mr. Brown or whatever your last name is, you obviously have your facts wrong. 3 teams make it to the finals of the signal mtn. 7 on 7 tournament they flip a coin and the odd man out sits untill the final game. Soddy has made it to the finals all 3 years that the signal tournament has existed, winning it last year.

Have the talent to been beaten by teams we shouldn't have, not that soddy should have lost either of the games but Baylor was pretty dang good, better than they were last year in my opinion and may win state depending on how they do on friday against ensworth. red bank is alot better than people give them credit for they have a lot of GOOD atheletes, and the same with Bradley.

Speed is the name of the game and yes soddy may be the biggest school in Hamilton county but they sure aren't winning any track meets. There is truth behind the meaning SPEED KILLS.

G21, other than Scotty P, what great QB's has slaughter had?? Please don't prove yourself ignorant and say voytik