BA - Pope John Paul II

WesVLT

"Wow - 5 games as a varsity QB and you have an offer from a DI college...interesting."-- Shakininthefat

Pretty interesting recruiting by Louisville, if they are offering players after 5 games, and having less passing yards than the other QB's in the rest of the League (The Tennesseean). Not saying its impossible, but ive been around highschool football for a long time, and have never heard of that.

You may have been around high school ball a long time but you are not up to date on college recruiting. Kids are being offered after their Sophomore and junior years. The Ramsey kid at BA was offered by Tennessee this summer. That was before the Junior receiver had played one down of high school football. a kid who doesn't go to a college camp or play before his senior year has very little chance of earning a scholarship in D1.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have been around high school ball a long time but you are not up to date on college recruiting. Kids are being offered after their Sophomore and junior years. The Ramsey kid at BA was offered by Tennessee this summer. That was before the Junior receiver had played one down of high school football. a kid who doesn't go to a college camp or play before his senior year has very little chance of earning a scholarship in D1.

Here is the proof:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Max-Staver-115616

Edited by doct

If the Louisville scouts saw him at a camp or just watched him play one game and saw things that they believe project him as a D1 quarterback for their system then it is not inconceivable to believe he has an offer.

Anything is conceivable and Lousville knows a lot more about high school potential than I do. But performing at camp vs playing against a tough Baylor/Ensworth (Trinity) defense are two different worlds to me. Making smart decisions with a all out blitz or performing before college scouts with gym shorts and a helmet are not the same. If I were a a college recruiter I would like to see games where the QB is challenged for more than just 5 games. Especially if the teams were Stratford and JPII. I think he has potential and the size to make a good college QB, he just needs more experience in my opinion.

Edited by shakinthefat

Anything is conceivable and Lousville knows a lot more about high school potential than I do. But performing at camp vs playing against a tough Baylor/Ensworth (Trinity) defense are two different worlds to me. Making smart decisions with a all out blitz or performing before college scouts with gym shorts and a helmet are not the same. If I were a a college recruiter I would like to see games where the QB is challenged for more than just 5 games. Especially if the teams were Stratford and JPII. I think he has potential and the size to make a good college QB, he just needs more experience in my opinion.

It's just the way things are. Doesn't seem right, but it's how things are now a days