Recruiting Showcases

jbechler

Hoops Plus, LLC is partnering with the girls basketball programs at Red Bank HS and Jackson State CC to host two college showcase events. The first is at Red Bank HS in Chattanooga on September 24th. The second is at Jackson State CC in Jackson, TN on October 1st. Check-in for both events begin at 9:00am and games begin at 10:00am. Each participant will play 3 games and receive a t-shirt. The cost is $30 but players get $5 back if a teammate also participates. These showcases are for non-Division I recruiters (DII, DIII, NAIA, JC). For more information or to register, go to www.HoopsPlus.org/Showcase.html or call 903-918-5622.

• 2 weeks later...

There ended up being 108 participants from all over (Chattanooga, Alabama, Georgia, Knoxville, Nashville, Murfreesboro). There was a wide array of talent from some girls getting DI interest to DIII type players. Half the girls were seniors, with the other half being underclassmen. There were about 30 coaches in attendance, from 21 different colleges. The colleges were (in no particular order): Lee University, Bryan College, Georgia Perimeter, Roane State, Martin Methodist College, Volunteer State, Paine University, Truett-McConnell, Walters State, Chattanooga State, Cleveland State, Young Harris College, Covenant College, Maryville College, University of Monticello, Birmingham Southern, Tusculum University, University of Mobile, South Georgia Tech, Tennessee Temple University, Berry College. I think all-in-all, it served its' purpose of providing an opportunity for some players to showcase their talents in front of college coaches. I know a number of coaches talked to me and mentioned that they saw some additional girls that they didn't know about already.

Edited by jbechler