White House (4-0) at Beech (3-2)

BDP2003

The Bucs are coming off a tough home loss against unbeaten, 6A Mt. Juliet, 49-25. White House comes in 4-0 and looking to avenge last year's Homecoming loss. White House can make a statement by beating another 5A team this season. Beech has more to lose as far the playoffs go (wild card) and WH has to play much better than they showed against the Bobcats. I'll save my prediction for Thursday but I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bucs are coming off a tough home loss against unbeaten, 6A Mt. Juliet, 49-25. White House comes in 4-0 and looking to avenge last year's Homecoming loss. White House can make a statement by beating another 5A team this season. Beech has more to lose as far the playoffs go (wild card) and WH has to play much better than they showed against the Bobcats. I'll save my prediction for Thursday but I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

White House will win this game if they play like they're capable of playing.

G-Wick is doing a great job at QB, but we have not seen the last of Heath Johnson. QB decision is Coach P's and I think he knows what he's doing. The faithful must have faith! The Beech coaches must prepare for the possibility of either QB's taking the field Friday. One's more of a runner and the other more of a passer (although both can do both). What a luxury it is to have two such fine QB's. At any rate, our offense will get rolling along soon enough. We have not been scoring a bunch of points, but we have scored enough to win and our defense has given up less than 40 points total thus far. I'll just take the win whether it's by 1 or 100!! The main object is to get Home field for the playoffs!

As for a prediction, I think the Devils will spoil the Homecoming for Beech and break the little run thy've had against us recently. I'll say 26-16. Their two main threats are Jalen Hurd and Dorian Carter (both sophomores) and I know we have the horses to stop them. Our D-line and linebackers are having a great year gobbling up the opposing runners. Our secondary is also improving each game. Devils move on to 5-0. BDP!

G-Wick is doing a great job at QB, but we have not seen the last of Heath Johnson. QB decision is Coach P's and I think he knows what he's doing. The faithful must have faith! The Beech coaches must prepare for the possibility of either QB's taking the field Friday. One's more of a runner and the other more of a passer (although both can do both). What a luxury it is to have two such fine QB's. At any rate, our offense will get rolling along soon enough. We have not been scoring a bunch of points, but we have scored enough to win and our defense has given up less than 40 points total thus far. I'll just take the win whether it's by 1 or 100!! The main object is to get Home field for the playoffs!

As for a prediction, I think the Devils will spoil the Homecoming for Beech and break the little run thy've had against us recently. I'll say 26-16. Their two main threats are Jalen Hurd and Dorian Carter (both sophomores) and I know we have the horses to stop them. Our D-line and linebackers are having a great year gobbling up the opposing runners. Our secondary is also improving each game. Devils move on to 5-0. BDP!

You may be right, but it's not Beech's homecoming.

Tough to tell a whole lot about either of these teams yet. Beech has one quality win on the road at Cookeville and two wins against weak teams. Their two losses are to two of the best teams in the state. If they can eliminate self inflicted mistakes and tackle better they can be pretty good. As for WH, hard to know how good they really are when their 4 wins are against teams with a combined record of 2-13. As always, both teams will be well coached. Should be another fun Sumner Co football Friday night.

Tough to tell a whole lot about either of these teams yet. Beech has one quality win on the road at Cookeville and two wins against weak teams. Their two losses are to two of the best teams in the state. If they can eliminate self inflicted mistakes and tackle better they can be pretty good. As for WH, hard to know how good they really are when their 4 wins are against teams with a combined record of 2-13. As always, both teams will be well coached. Should be another fun Sumner Co football Friday night.

Tandem...I agree with your post...it's is indeed hard to tell about the Bucs. How good are they? It does say alot about them to be able to travel all the way to Cookeville and knock off the Cavs..but who are this year's Cavs? What about this years BDP?? Have they done enough to merit the hype? Should be a fun one this Friday!

Tandem...I agree with your post...it's is indeed hard to tell about the Bucs. How good are they? It does say alot about them to be able to travel all the way to Cookeville and knock off the Cavs..but who are this year's Cavs? What about this years BDP?? Have they done enough to merit the hype? Should be a fun one this Friday!

BDP has struggled in three of their four games this season. They have played down to their competition against Portland, Westmoreland, and Greenbrier. The Station Camp game was close until midway through the 4th quarter and the Devils pulled away. I know Station Camp is 1-4 but they'd handle White House's other three opponents.

White House has to play FOUR quarters with a sense of urgency. If they come out flat and lacking intensity against the Bucs, they'll have their first loss.