Tyner at Tullahoma

binns37388

The Tullahoma Wildcats (3-2) host the Chatt Tyner Academy Rams (1-3) this Friday night in the homecoming game for the Cats. These teams haven't played each other since 1994. Both teams enter this game with a win as Tullahoma defeated Lincoln Co last Friday 41-20 and Tyner beat East Ridge 12-7. Both teams have a lot of speed and it could turn into a track meet. I hope the young men can stay focused with all the distractions of homecoming and win their 3rd straight game. If you can't attend, listen to Scott Shasteen and myself on www.fantasyradio.com or local Charter tv channel 6.

Tullahoma wins their homecoming game with Tyner Academy of Chatt 24-14 on a cool damp night on a wet field. It was a ugly game somewhat with the Cats jumping to out to a 14-0 lead early and they led 21-7 at the half. Lots of penalties and sloppy play mixed in with some very good plays. Tullahoma historically doesn't play well on homecoming night, but this game was mixed in with Lincoln Co last week and Franklin Co next Friday. Tyner had a lot of good athletes, but they are young and somewhat one dimensional on offense. You can never take a win for granted and Coach Olive was pleased to get the victory. The game reminded me of when the Cats played in the same district with Maplewood, Stratford, Whites Creek and Hillsboro. Next up is a big rival District 8AAA game in Winchester against the Franklin Co Rebels this coming Friday night.