Millington vs Trezevant

Trojanx

I dont think the 2008 and 2009 (I think those were the right years) when we were 13-1 and the next year we were 11-1 with only about 6 returning starters were overstated or overhyped. When you have as many returning players and Sr.s as we do this year, you better beleive I have high expectations. That is a lot of experience that came back. We have not played any really talented teams yet (Brighton being the best team and they embarassed us). That is realistic. Is it good to be 6-1??? It sure is! Is it something to really brag about? You tell me. I'm not new to football....High School or College. I've played and watched both. I know the difference between fixable errors and just not having any talent on the field. No pot stirring needed as this site doesnt affect the team play or coaching in any manner 7 pm Friday nights. And we still fumble too much and get too many penalties and I rarely see a player pumping up the sideline, sprinting to the line of scrimmage or from halftime, or celebrating with each other after a score. Correct me if Im wrong but these are not talent issues. I want the district title back at Millington!!!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellows I am with you. I want the very best for Millington. Just be realistic and don't point fingers is all I am saying. TrojanX you are wrong about what is said on here doesn't affect Friday nights though. With all this new media (facebook, message boards, talk radio) programs are constantly scrutinized. on many levels.. players read and hear about everything. Small seeds of doubt are planted unfairly in the players and other fans minds and before too long- you could have problems. it is the curse of all of the available media. So yes - you are a pot stirrer when you ask? is it coach or talent- players start to question too and before too long there could be problems. Support the program and if you have doubts(?) go see chris one on one - just do it the right way. Go Trojans.....

I agree with TrojanX.. Millington players have no motivation on the field. There too calm and relaxed. I watched the trezvant boys lay down some wood on us and a lot smaller than us. Our guys just dont have any fire in them. Only a few have the drive.. The coaches can fix thses problems. Fumbles , mis-tackles, and motivation... I do think Chris is a good coach but not so sure about some of the rest. Seems like the buddy system going on. Millington had been playing a cover D against passing teams and getting passed on all night. Well i dont see what it would hurt to try a man D ??? What can it hurt when the Cover D isnt working.. You have to make changes when things arent working. That is what makes a good coach. Cant run the same ol crap hopping for something good. Look at arlington they went to a different offense a couple years back and now look at em. If Millington would throw more during practices (200 plus times a practice) the qb will develop a better arm. Millington has got to pass more to open up the run. On D the players have got to watch the open players and cover them. Arlington will ware us out if we do not cover the bubble screen and middle of the field. Our Line backers are the key. Anyhow i could go on and on but there is no point. Main thing is adapt to the game make changes and try different things. You will never know unless you try.

Looks like my point is proven. Here we are at 6-1 and most of the talk is negative. alot of wouldhave, couldhave, and shoulhave by the fans on coacht. No motivation, not fired up enough etc. One guy says we are better on defense against the pass and then another says we are not so good against the pass. Too much negative vibes fellows. Chris is a good coach but the "other guys" not so sure about? the buddy system? I think these are the same guys that helped hawkins when he was the coach? Instead of bringing us down and pointing fingers- show up and be loud friday night. We dont have the hosses to go all the way this year- sorry trojanx (marlon) but we are a better than average high school team. I bet melrose and houston would love to be 6-1 right now. you guys are stirring the pot and hurting. Sorry but the truth hurts.

Looks like my point is proven. Here we are at 6-1 and most of the talk is negative. alot of wouldhave, couldhave, and shoulhave by the fans on coacht. No motivation, not fired up enough etc. One guy says we are better on defense against the pass and then another says we are not so good against the pass. Too much negative vibes fellows. Chris is a good coach but the "other guys" not so sure about? the buddy system? I think these are the same guys that helped hawkins when he was the coach? Instead of bringing us down and pointing fingers- show up and be loud friday night. We dont have the hosses to go all the way this year- sorry trojanx (marlon) but we are a better than average high school team. I bet melrose and houston would love to be 6-1 right now. you guys are stirring the pot and hurting. Sorry but the truth hurts.

Yes Millington is doing alittle better defending the pass with the man Defense. But terrible with the Cover Defense. Millington has 2 horses on offense that could be the top #4 or 5 RB's in memphis area. Again or O Line just cant open up the holes for them consistantly. Webber and Roland im reffering to. Even when Millington was at there best the one thing that beat us was defending the pass. Millington has never been able to defend the pass ever since i have seen them. They luckt out against Whitehaven in 2007. Seems there needs to be alot of work done to improve that. Coaches are the ones responsible to teach these kids what to do and for some reason Millington just cant grasp it. Anyhow again i want to see Millington do good but things need to change. All the schools Millington plays knows to fill in the gaps to screw up the run. Brighton and Munford knew to do this and we barely beat munford. We killed our selves against Brighton putting the ball on the ground and not tackling. We have the potential to do something but someone needs to light the fire in there tails.

The negative talk you refer is merely constructive criticism which is not handled well by some. The issues that have been talked about are real and can be fixed if you have 11 average players or 11 D1 prospects. The problems the Trojans are having are not a talent issue. I do not believe we have a state championship caliber team but I do believe we have a team that can win the district championship and do well in the playoffs. I dont think there is anything wrong with high expectations for Millington. 6-1 is a good problem to have but honestly....who have we beat? Yes, the truth does hurt. (By the way...putting names on this website whether they are right or not doesnt intimidate me in the slightest...who's trying to stir the pot?)

Go Trojans Beat Craigmont!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not trying to intimidate you Trojanx. You are too sensitive. you just seem to always want to blame someone when something doesn't go according to your plans. i was just pointing out that maybe we aren't as talented as you think and maybe we are doing about what we can expect. Do I want us to win every game? You bet.. Are we going to? Not going to happen. The difference between you and me is I am realistic and see that. And when we lose I will not make excuses and point fingers.

That is all. Lets go play the Chiefs and get a big win.. Go Trojans..

There is alot of negativity towards millington and there coaching staff on this site.... I keep hearing about the Trojans need to stop the pass and do better against the pass.... Lets break it down... Kirby-57 yards Bartlett-41yards Munford-185 yards(linebackers never could get into their drop zone,corners in good coverage and misjudging the ball) Bolton-70yards(mostly on the 2's and 3's) Brighton- Murdered in the first half, but held them to just 58 yards passing in the second half and they played their starters all game, Cordova-19 yards in 3 quarters... Put the 2's and 3's in the game and the got 80 yards in the 4th with their starters still on the field.... Not to mention Cordova has one of the top 5 receivers in the city.... Trezvant-41 yards... With the exception of Munford and Brighton the Trojans have defended the pass better than I've seen in the last 4 years.... Yes the fumbling needs to get fixed... Yes the kickoff coverage has to get better.... But all the teams they have played has thrown the ball between 30-45 times a game... With the exception of two games they have defended the pass pretty good... It's not easy at all to hold a team under a 100 yards passing when they throw the ball 30 times.... And you speak of guys on the sidelines not being fired up??? 94% of the seniors on this team play both ways, you can't expect a group full of sophomores to be rah rah guys!!!!! I would hate to see what would be said if they were 3-4.... And I purposely waited to see would there be any positive comments on here about the Cordova game, a team which beat craigmont and Jackson Northside, and has been in every game they have played.... And it was 41-6 in the 3rd quarter, but there were none!!!! The fumbles, the kickoff coverage you can talk about all day until it's fixed but you gotta start trying to be positive about our Trojans cuz if we keep downing them then no one will be behind them!!!

unfortunate -- You need to read carefully. Everyone here has been positive toward the players. We have all said they are a very talented bunch. I'm not sure what coach HoneyB is looking at from the front lines but most of us in the stands see lots of potential from these kids. So if there is any negativity here it is from the ones that are saying our kids aren't good enough. Well I'm here to tell all the players "We believe in you guys. You are a talented bunch. Put your heart into it, give 100% and you can go as far as

you want. And if anyone tells you you're not good enough

to do that Prove them Wrong!!

Now as far as the coaches then ok maybe there is some negativity there but hey they're men they should be able to handle it , right?! And if there is any fans, parents

or coaches (especially coaches) that is saying we're not talented enough to win out this year,, and yes that includes

AHS, then that's your potential mental damage that we don't need.

One more thing. We keep saying the players show very little fire, well us fans are lacking in that department also. So if we get those stands rockin louder and harder for

longer than just a few seconds it will flow over onto the field. So we as fans need to step it up also!! Go Tojans!!!!

Edited by TNHSFOOTBALLFAN

I was not trying to intimidate you Trojanx. You are too sensitive. you just seem to always want to blame someone when something doesn't go according to your plans. i was just pointing out that maybe we aren't as talented as you think and maybe we are doing about what we can expect. Do I want us to win every game? You bet.. Are we going to? Not going to happen. The difference between you and me is I am realistic and see that. And when we lose I will not make excuses and point fingers.

That is all. Lets go play the Chiefs and get a big win.. Go Trojans..

It's not my plan...I hope cleaning up simple mistakes and winning is everybodys "plan". Too sensative? Honey...are you still trying to "stir the pot"?? You realistically dont think we can win the conference? I'm starting to lose faith in you as a true Trojan fan. Come on Badger! Do you think we can beat Craigmont? Or are we just not as good as we think we are? I will not say "when we lose"...I think we can win!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to Millington vs Craigmont site.