Williamson County vs Rutherford County

Soareagles

You guys crack me up. I'll give it to Rutherford County right now. Everything goes in cycles. Williamson will be back on top in a few years, only to give way to Rutherford Co. again. I do agree that the best public school coaches are in Rutherford Co. Once again, I do have to say that the abundance of private schools in Williamson Co. has had an affect on the coaching staffs in the public schools. Hard to blame the coaches. When you are offered $20K-$30K more (some in 6 figures) to coach, you would be crazy to turn it down. This is something I have personally witnessed.

As far as recruiting (which is not allowed), does anyone else see the private schools still seek out and contact prospective players?

Happens all the time. Go to a middle school game and watch the private vultures circle. Its blatant and they dont even try to hide it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is all true but indy and franklin are right up there now and bhs and rhs and chs well not so much... this thursday fhs @ indy for district! INDY NATION!

Indy and Franklin are not "up there." They are at the top of a mediocre district at best. Lower coach's supplements, no athletic periods for teams, lack of athletic support from the district office, higher academic standards that cause more athletes to be ineligable than other counties, a lack of work ethic in a lot of the players because of an entitled attitude by helicopter parents, weaker weight rooms and weight training, and a lot more that I have not named all lead to a much weaker football county than Rutherford.

I bet there are single teams in Rutherford County that have more 500 lb squats and 400 lb bench pressers than there are in all of Williamson County. That takes work and dedication that too many of the entitled Williamson County students are not going to give.

You guys crack me up. I'll give it to Rutherford County right now. Everything goes in cycles. Williamson will be back on top in a few years, only to give way to Rutherford Co. again. I do agree that the best public school coaches are in Rutherford Co. Once again, I do have to say that the abundance of private schools in Williamson Co. has had an affect on the coaching staffs in the public schools. Hard to blame the coaches. When you are offered $20K-$30K more (some in 6 figures) to coach, you would be crazy to turn it down. This is something I have personally witnessed.

As far as recruiting (which is not allowed), does anyone else see the private schools still seek out and contact prospective players?

this topic makes me crack up! first off what cycles? rutherford cty is in the big game year after year! the only cycle is which rutherford cty team is gonna be in the big game! :roflolk: